• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Howa 1500 .243 groups

Stag15m4

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
United States
...I like the new site layout...

Well, I finally finished building my first "Sniper" rifle. (I quote the word sniper because I am not a sniper and this rifle will most likely never see any sniper-time) I like it so far... It is heavy, but that equates to shooting comfort. The bolt slides very nicely, the rounds chamber well from the 5-round internal magazine with a floor-plate. I have only been able to take it shooting twice. Once was at the landfill at a milled 116 yards (I was unable to get the real/exact yardage at the time), the second time was at the local indoor 100 meter range.

The first pic is of the rifle (Obviously) and the second and third are of the same 100 meter shot grouping from the indoor range (.68" - .243" = .44") This grouping was my tightest of 40 rounds and was probably luck more-so than shooting skill, but the groupings in general are consistent.

I am hoping somebody can tell me why these shots keep grouping like they do. I am a rookie long-range shooter and am looking for good pointers.
Thanks

Howa 1500 24" Barreled action
Bell & Carlson Stock
Factory Trigger appx 3-4 lbs
Millett TRS 4-16x40 Mil-dot
Harris BR Bipod
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg