• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

It's Finished...My M40A5

CaptainChaos51

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2008
Atlanta, GA
After 3 and a half long years my M40A3 (in the beginning) and now M40A5 is finished. I took all the parts to JP Precision (Not JP Rifles) out in Anniston, AL. Jody built this thing in a ridiculously short period of time (9 days) and I must say the work is extremely well done.

All the fun:

Surefire FA762SS with break
5P Schneider barrel 1/12 twist cut to 20"
MCANN SIRS Mount (I know its not spec but it is a careful mix of the looks of both the PGW and the EFR)
Harris Bipod with PodLoc
DDRoss Recoil Lug
Remington 700 action with bolt release done by DDRoss
Blueprinted/Chambered in M118LR
Old School 700 Trigger tuned to 2.8lbs
Nightforce Base (waiting on proper DDRoss base)
Badger USMC Rings
Badger SimRad Cap
S&B 3.5x12 MTC
McMillan A4 Stock (Thanks John Wall) (Pillar Bedded)
Badger Ordnance M5 DBM

28coiyw.jpg

15wzzae.jpg

n532fk.jpg

6900zr.jpg

bgb30z.jpg

and this is how she shoots...5 shots with M118LR
n551sn.jpg

Could not be happier.
Cheers,
CC

Re: It's Finished...My M40A5

In the neighborhood of $6000 for everything. Again this was over a number of years collecting all the bits and pieces.
CC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thorax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">christ....optimise yer damn pics.</div></div>
right.........

Thanks for all the comments guys!!

NV would be sweet! Its on the radar for the future...who knows when though..
CC

Super SWEET! I love the A5 look with the shorter barrel. It looks really good. It shoots damn good too.

Aah, drool... Nice rifle mate! Glad it finally came together, 3 years later.

How well does the SF can round off recoil? Is it well balanced when fitted?

Ok I am 1 year down on my journey to reach the same greatness... does this mean I have two more to go!!!! I just need to track down a Surefire FA762SS, Schneider, and the PGW and I am away! Should be easy except living in oz makes things a little harder...

Great, great, great stick, three years well done mate.

b

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aah, drool... Nice rifle mate! Glad it finally came together, 3 years later.

How well does the SF can round off recoil? Is it well balanced when fitted?</div></div>

It puts the recoil just north of a .223 with a report that is a little louder than a .22. The design Surefire uses is second to none. Things like a tank when clicked all the way down.
Its nice too because I have the same break on my mk12 and when I want to take the .223 out for a spin its a quite and comfortable journey as well.

Jody is like Mr. Wizard with a damn bolt gun. That is barrel cut, crowned and threaded. Chambered/headspaced and he didn't like the Badger pillars so he MADE some better ones. Then with the front rail and all the bedding and a nice blueing to make it all look good. I was very very pleased with the quality he turned out in such a short period of time. I was expecting a month or maybe two. He said two weeks tops and I got the call to come pick it up even earlier! Also Dan Ross at DDRoss did that bolt release in under a week. I have been very lucky with all the help on this gun and all the advice on parts stuff from you guys!
CC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptainChaos51</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aah, drool... Nice rifle mate! Glad it finally came together, 3 years later.

How well does the SF can round off recoil? Is it well balanced when fitted?</div></div>

It puts the recoil just north of a .223 with a report that is a little louder than a .22. The design Surefire uses is second to none. Things like a tank when clicked all the way down.
Its nice too because I have the same break on my mk12 and when I want to take the .223 out for a spin its a quite and comfortable journey as well. </div></div>
How's it perform on the 223? In regards to suppression.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptainChaos51</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aah, drool... Nice rifle mate! Glad it finally came together, 3 years later.

Its nice too because I have the same break on my mk12 and when I want to take the .223 out for a spin its a quite and comfortable journey as well. </div></div>
How's it perform on the 223? In regards to suppression.</div></div>
very good actually. I honestly can't tell the difference sound wise between the .223 surefire can my buddy has and this one.
CC