• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Jard trigger problem in AR

wadebrown

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 18, 2008
    Minnesota
    I installed a Jard non-adjustable 2# trigger in my DPMS 308, I replaced my Holliger tuned RRA two stage match trigger. Everything went according to their instructions and it worked well through 100 dry fires at home.

At the range the trigger did not seem to get cocked unless I manually operated the bolt by pulling back the charging handle. It would not fire after picking up a round from the magazine after firing.

Any like experience out there with Jards?

Thanks

wade

Re: Jard trigger problem in AR

Can you take the upper off and take a couple pictures, one with the hammer cocked and the other with the hammer forward? I would guess it was working well when dryfiring because you have to manually cock the piece every time. With the pictures perhaps we can see if something isn't quite right. When I put my Jard in, I needed to file a small amount off the rear 'tang' because mine was being blocked by the safety even when in the fire position.

My Jard

Good Luck

Dave

I never had much luck with my JARD. I was getting light strikes like crazy and the hammer would also follow the bolt home. I adjusted per the instructions and then took it out and re adjusted it per the instructions thinking I messed something up. I was able to fix the double fires but that caused tons of creep. Needless to say I am going to get a new trigger from Bill Springfield and put this one up on gun broker. I have the non-adjustable 1 1/2 pound version.

mine was the non-adjust 1.5 pounder as well. There wasn't a way to get rid of that creep without causing problems with the trigger reset hook. I have heard the adjustable ones are much better. The trigger was a huge step forward from the factory, but not my ideal...

Dave

Sounds like the disconnector is not picking up the hammer. Try charging it with
    the trigger pulled and see if it still cocks the hammer, empty of course.

I can take pictures after I get home, but I was dry firing with the upper and cycling the action by pulling the charging handle. The trigger still cocks that way it just does not cock after a fired round cycles the action.

wade

I thought DPMS did not recommend JARD triggers in their rifles for some reason...could be wrong, but it seems like when I was looking for triggers for mine, they said no JARDs.

FWIW, had very good luck on this end with the Jard AR triggers. Used on OLY, Bushmaster, DPMS lowers.