• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

KRG Bravo/ Nucleus/ Shoulderless Barloc?

proff49

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
Is there a verdict on whether or not a Nucleus with shoulderless Barloc will work in a Bravo without removing material from the backbone? After reading through several threads, it seems the Barloc may be a little to large for this application.

With the barrel nut version my 2 nucleus in bravos have the barrel nut of the barloc contacting the backbone of the krg bravo.

I have a build for my son, a 6mm creedmoor. and shot it with factory hornady match ammo, and it is shooting great. The 7 saum i built for myself in the same setup isn't 100% completed yet. So not sure on it.

I'm in the same boat (awaiting action). KRG said as long as the nut (Barloc collar + ARC barrel nut) is not larger in diameter than the receiver, all will be well.

With that, if Nucleus is the same diameter as Mausingfield (1.355"), the Barlock (at least the ARC barrel nut) is 1.350". Because the Barloc device constricts/expands, I reckon that if the Barloc is contacting the KRG backbone, one would need to back off on the barrel nut a touch, and compress the Barloc collar a bit more to make it shrink in diameter; pull the Barloc collar towards the center/bore. Perhaps a light application of grease on the cones (har har) will help?

Just got my barloc today and installed my barrel. I may be wrong, but I dont think backing the nut off will do much other than loosening the barrel/receiver union. I did notice that the cone side of the nut has a slight flare to it making the outside diameter a little larger. I'll measure it in a couple days when I have time.

Guess I'll have to shoot it and see how it does. Ive always believed anything in front of the receiver should be floated.

Just got everything torqued down in the Bravo. The Barloc collar and washer isn't touching anything. The nut is barely clearing on the bottom and left side but is touching on the right side. I'm going to remove a little material and see if I can get it to clear all the way around.

Reactions: Northernjets
I have this exact setup with no issues. The nut may be making contact with the chassis - if it isn't, it's really close. But it doesn't negatively affect accuracy. It's a consistently 0.3-0.4 MOA rifle.

I just got done messing with it and it is touching more than I thought. I think I'll try it with some factory ammo before I do anything else. The way the backbone is made, there isn't much metal to remove if it comes to that.