• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Magneto speed V1?

STLSteve86

Overtorquer
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
I don’t know where to put this. Maybe someone can help? I have a magneto speed V1 that works for what I do no need for a newer version.

Remington 700 sps 16.5” with 30-p1

I Was shooting barns 168g ttsx ammo last year and wanted to hunt this year with something else. I wanted to collect dope for new ammo. Plugged in the chronograph and I get a trigger set up. Never had it come up since I’ve bought it new. Left it at zero and zeroed rifle. Went to 200 yards and my dope was already 1.2 moa higher than I needed. Made correction for 200 yards and packed up for the day.

Do I need that trigger set up to get correct velocities? I plugged it back in when I was home to mess with it but it just comes up to the screen to start series.

Been a while since I used my V2. From memory, it has to be set up for bullet type (lead vs jacketed, etc).

Not sure what youre talking about getting a trigger set up and never having it come up since new and leaving at zero while somehow also rezeroing it...

If youre saying that it impacted different with a new load and the chronograph strapped to the barrel... well... yeah.

If thats not what youre saying be a bit more descriptive and precise in what youre wondering.

Reactions: McCrazy
when I plugged in the magneto speed it’s asked to set up a trigger and asked for values. I left it at zero and hit enter. I zeroed the rifle for a new scope. I did not shoot at a target with the magneto speed. I know it will change POI with it on.

I just don’t remember seeing trigger set up. What value does it need to be at?

when I plugged in the magneto speed it’s asked to set up a trigger and asked for values. I left it at zero and hit enter. I zeroed the rifle for a new scope. I did not shoot at a target with the magneto speed. I know it will change POI with it on.

I just don’t remember seeing trigger set up. What value does it need to be at?

I would set it for the copper with lead core and not the custom trigger.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0150/8926/files/MagnetoSpeed_V1_Instructions_1.pdf?41
1538756843300.png

Thank you. Is it possible to get different velocities by changing from zero up to 14