• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

McMillan Z1 or Manners T4A?

Solid7

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
I'm not one to have a lot of guns, so I tend to build some weird stuff. In that vein, I've got a "general purpose hybrid" that I'm contemplating. Not sure on caliber, but it will be a short action. I may hunt with it. I've always preferred the vertical grip style stocks, to the swept comb.

If you have to pick between a Z1 or a T4A, for a gun that might get shot offhand, prone, or from a bench, what would it be? Why?

I also don't hate the McMillan A6 and the Manners PRS... :LOL:

I have this one built by GAP. Shoots great, I like the grip. My son likes the feel of it as well. Only thing I don't like is the color, but it's been growing on me.

20200720_154104.jpg

I shot McMillan stocks, in the Anschutz silhouette style, for many years. So that basic shape (I acknowledge that there are fundamental differences) catches my eye.

No need to go any further. Just bought a T4A in the exchange. Nothing to talk about now. :)

Reactions: Stoweit