• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

MG42 in action in Ukraine

TorF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2003
Norway
A mindboggeling picture.
Just think what MG42s did against massed Soviet attacks app 80 years ago in the same battlegrounds.
There are still app 1 mill soldiers unaccounted for in Ukraine from WW2.

1648795552225.png

Not a MG 42, but a MG 3 and in 7,62 NATO
The latter are in service in pretty much all european countries and are still produced.
But yes, it still fires 1200 rounds per minute and the effects in the target area, are terrifying.

Not a MG 42, but a MG 3 and in 7,62 NATO
The latter are in service in pretty much all european countries and are still produced.
But yes, it still fires 1200 rounds per minute and the effects in the target area, are terrifying.
MG3 is "MG42a1" in 7.62NATO.
The first German MG3s were converted MG42s donated from Norway to Germany in the 50'ies. Official designation for a converted gun is MG2.
A MG42 in 8x57 can be converted to MG3 in 7.62NATO in 3 minutes. All parts are interchangeable.
I've even played with an "inhouse" conversion to 6.5X55 but barrellife is 20 seconds..

Here's a picture from the 80'ies while serving in the Norwegian National Guard:
1648811543439.jpeg

Last edited:
Phenomenal MG. We found a bunch of pristine ones in central Iraq in 2003-2004. I was never tempted to smuggle an AK home but MG-42s and STGs I had some serious internal debating going on LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: TorF and Jscb1b
Weren’t these referred to as Hitler’s Buzzsaw