• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Need Ruger Single Six Data

lariat

Two Star General
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
I am repairing a 22mag Ruger single six. Where can I get a set of drawings of this pistol? I need a new trigger housing but can't find one and will need to rework what I have.

Last edited:
Your best bet would be finding someone who has one in good condition, that would let you disassemble it, take your measurements (either digitally 3D scanned or manually), and then reassemble it and give it back to them. 3D scanning would be the way to go. 👍🏼

First i’d contact Ruger, explain the issue, and see if they’ll just sell you a new-old stock one. Which would be the easiest way.

I have an o/u shotgun that my son was using fur sporting clays. He shot it enough that the barrels separated from the side rib. I took it to a local gunsmith and after finding out the gun is a Ruger, the only words he could say were “it has to go back to Ruger” even though the gun is long discontinued. Just a cautionary tale that it may be difficult to source info on Rugers…

Trigger housing? You mean you need a new grip frame? Used ones should be easy to come by on the low end. On the high end, you can buy custom ones in a variety of styles, shapes and sizes.

Ruger would no doubt do it, but shipping costs might make it prohibitive.

(and IMO that's a lot of money, years past I would never have considered paying that much for one)
That's a new model. There's an old model frame listed as well.

I don't think I have any factory ones kicking around anymore, but I'll look in the drawer.

On the higher custom end... https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/GRIP-FRAMES_c_7.html

Last edited:
So I found the real problem. The grip frame is aluminum and one of the steel pins wore out the hole it was in. The hole is off center and at an angle. I could use pin gages and derive the features of the hole or just buy a frame from numrich. I bought a steel frame in the white as it is cheaper than messing with an aluminum frame.

Could I fix it? Definitely. But the cost to buy a new one is cheaper. Cerakote and go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tortuga
Glad you got that sorted out. As I was going down the thread I just thinking that there used to be someone making brass grip frames for wheelguns.
Looks like Ronnie Wells is still putting out some great stuff.
Grip Frames