• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NEW Mil-XT reticle

Looks really good.. I don't particularly like 3 MIL of windage at 1 MIL elevation. Would rather keep 1 MIL line clean to better spot misses and have the tree start at 2 MILs elevation or so.

Other than that, well thought out reticle. I love my MIL-C and this keeps the tree huggers happy.

I am not sure why the windage is the same from 1-4 mils. I also agree that the tree should have less windage at the 1&2 mil elevations. However, it is better than no tree. The Mil-C is such a great reticle that is now definitely improved

Finally, procrastination pays off. I've been in the market for a 3-15/4-16 for a long time. Just never liked most of the reticles out there on anything I could "almost" afford :).

Reactions: longshot2000
The MIL-C didn't do enough for me to switch from MIL-R. However, this new MIL-XT may be worth the upgrade if/when they offer it.

Hopefully NF will chime in on the cost and availability for upragde,

Looks like NF capitalized on some of Athlon's reticle designs and implemented the .2 tree reticle, .2's round about = a big YAY.

.5 dots borrowed from Horus, which I think they own now.

And they numbered every line and made those numbers a different size.

Apparently someone has been listening to my reticle ideas, so to speak.

It is absolutely much more than "1%" cleaner than the H59.
Duh dude its satire.

They are extremely similar. Replace the lines with dots and get rid of the stupid .308 mover holds. That's really the long and short of it.

I'm a H59 guy and IMO the mil-XT is the best all-around precision reticle I've ever seen.

Reactions: Voyager1
So it looks like none of the tree is illuminated, yes? Or are the details on that something that remains to be seen?

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my MILC reticle. The staggered 0.2’s works excellent as the mind quickly sees and differentiates groups of 2s and 3s. You don’t have to count 2 and 3, you just see it. ZCO capitalized on that too and beats the MIL XT by leaving the 1 mil line blank for more spotting space. Their reticle is the best tree in my opinion, but they haven’t come to market yet and I think they are giving up some sales since TT and now NF are releasing updates trees. I have a deposit down on a ZCO but the MIL XT is tempting and NF is really going to sell a lot.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my MILC reticle. The staggered 0.2’s works excellent as the mind quickly sees and differentiates groups of 2s and 3s. You don’t have to count 2 and 3, you just see it. ZCO capitalized on that too and beats the MIL XT by leaving the 1 mil line blank for more spotting space. Their reticle is the best tree in my opinion, but they haven’t come to market yet and I think they are giving up some sales since TT and now NF are releasing updates trees. I have a deposit down on a ZCO but the MIL XT is tempting and NF is really going to sell a lot.

whens your zco going to come?

Really hope that NF offers reticle replacement for existing ATACR F1 scopes. I'd send my 4-16 and 5-25 to them as soon as its available to get that new reticle.

So...a different kind of screen door to look through....(yawn). Now if it was only a 1.5 - 47x60mm, THAT would be epic! ?

Reactions: b6graham
I think even the initiated start to wonder a bit when the 1 yr Mark is being approached. I’d expect enthusiasm to return if they deliver after SHOT 2019.

Guy- "The horus H59 is far too busy for my liking."

*Nightforce Mil-XT is 1% less busy*

Guy- "ERRRR MERRRR GERRRDDDDD"

I’m a fan and think it’s the best grid style reticle so far. But it would have been nice to seperate it a little bit more from the h59 and Horus offerings. Could have been just a tad less busy. Regardless I would not buy nightforce before because I hated their reticles. I now will so kudos to them for listening to us.

Not a complaint, just an observation, why do manufacturers extend the windage so far out?

Who is holding 4 mils at the 1, 2, 3 mil point? ELR shooters who have dialed everything and still need to hold? Even then, would you dial most of your wind out?

This is thus far the best compromise I’ve seen of heavily “cluttered” Horus type with minimalist reticles. Just curious why the need for so much windage.

Not a complaint, just an observation, why do manufacturers extend the windage so far out?

Who is holding 4 mils at the 1, 2, 3 mil point? ELR shooters who have dialed everything and still need to hold? Even then, would you dial most of your wind out?

This is thus far the best compromise I’ve seen of heavily “cluttered” Horus type with minimalist reticles. Just curious why the need for so much windage.

There could be a use in ELR if you have to hold over due to maxing out your elevation adjustment past the ~22 mils you have after zeroing.

The other use would be more for hunting or military/LE. If you’re at your 100 yard zero and need to use a holdover on a mover (like a coyote at 300 yards), you could hold 1 mil up and 3 mils windage for the moving lead. I’m not a hunter so I’ve never needed to do that, but it make sense if you need to make a snap shot without dialing.

Really hope that NF offers reticle replacement for existing ATACR F1 scopes. I'd send my 4-16 and 5-25 to them as soon as its available to get that new reticle.

Got told they don't do changes on ffp scopes at the moment and didn't know when they could offer that service again.

When i asked for the cost of changing the reticle in my Beast. I'm in Europe tho, so might be different for those of you on the other side of the pond.

Ahhh.
That is a 20mph at 500 with 6.5s and 308s.....

Man, I'm really liking the new NF reticle! It's about time they got with the program and adopted the tree...

Lol I hear ya man. This reticle could certainly be more Christmas tree-ish but at his point we should just accept what NF has finally given us.

Unless Vortex releases some good shit at shot, I’m probably gonna go with a 4-16 or a 7-35 with this.

I’m not a huge NF fan overall, but the reticle is very nice.

Unless Vortex releases some good shit at shot, I’m probably gonna go with a 4-16 or a 7-35 with this.

I’m not a huge NF fan overall, but the reticle is very nice.

Already offloaded the Kahles? Lol you're like me. Though i haven't moved yet i will want an ATACR with this reticle at some point.

I really hope Vortex brings out a new lineup be it Gen III Razor or a new AMG, something.

Already offloaded the Kahles? Lol you're like me. Though i haven't moved yet i will want an ATACR with this reticle at some point.

I really hope Vortex brings out a new lineup be it Gen III Razor or a new AMG, something.

I have one k525i with skmr that I absolutely love and will be keeping.

I sold the other one to fund the early release of TT, but that reticle is 50/50 with me with the .075 dot and the way they did the hash/dots. A buddy of mine is buying the TT from me as he wanted one.

So......I bought an AI-AT with the kahles sale cash ?

Reactions: 5RWill

Make a featherweight razor gen3.same spec as gen2 but lighter with options reticle for hunting...money money

Make a featherweight razor gen3.same spec as gen2 but lighter with options reticle for hunting...money money

Wondering if they plan on that myself. Keeping the 6x erector design/form factor of the Gen II at reduced weight would be interesting. Though also seemingly eliminate or provide competition against the AMG. Wouldn't really surprise me if they just shifted the entire lineup to the AMG line. Rather than out sourcing to Japan for the Gen IIs and reassembling them here, just develop the Gen III ground up here. We shall see i guess.

Speaking of weight i wonder if NF would ever consider shedding the weight of an ATACR.

AMG ergonomics, 34mm tube, refined/reworked EBR-7B...Vortex would knock it out of the park.

One of the reasons I was never really interested in the ATACRs was the reticle selection. Horus doesnt do it for me and I want more than a MIL-C/MIL-R. This completely changes things. I foresee a 5-25 or 7-35 in my future.

Going to be hard to not buy more than one scope with this reticle. Really looking forward to check them out at SHOT.

Reactions: doctordoctor
Doubt they addressed the turning ocular as half their audience prefers it.