• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Normally I do not do it this time of year....but....

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Normally I do not hunt coyotes this time of year. Waiting for the pups to get bigger.
But my good friend called last night and said, hey...lets go coyote hunting. So up and out the door at 5:00am.

We try one spot, but the wind was blowing pretty good and did not call anything in.

Next we go to one of my honey holes where I generally have good luck. It is quite a hike to get to the area we call. Up and down hills, etc.

And now it is getting hot and the wind is really blowing.

We get setup. And it is not optimal. The wind is coming from behind us. The positive is we are a bit higher then the surrounding area so we have a good view.

My friend starts the call (FoxPro CS24). We were not disappointed. About 2 1/2 minutes into the stand here comes a hard charging coyote from my buddy's left. About 30 yards from him it winds him and turns to go. He woofs....it does not slow down...he shoots....a miss.

I am swinging my shooting sticks around and just get a sight picture on the yote as he starts into a small drainage.

Bang...I see him pile up.

We keep calling and all of a sudden we have a coyote barking and yapping about 500-600 yards up the hill from us.
My friend is playing challenge barks, howls, and pup distress. Nope...coyote is not falling for it.

So that was my morning. A nice male coyote and a bunch of hiking.

free upload picturescertificity.com