• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Official Metal Thread (Unofficial) take II

Straying from my norm of posts in this thread, to pay proper homage to a metal god. Heard this one at work today and had to crank it. Fight me.

I wonder how many on here even know who Celtic Frost is. This specific song and entire record is killer. 1985.

Reactions: stefan73
I'm going to post this only because they won just won a Grammy for Best Metal Performance tonight. I never considered them "heavy metal", just pure progressive rock with some really good drummers (Mike Portnoy and now Mike Mangini). Have been a fan for a long time, despite their awful lead singer, the rest of the musicians are amazingly talented. I don't think they were expecting to win - only John Petrucci showed up.

I'm going to post this only because they won just won a Grammy for Best Metal Performance tonight. I never considered them "heavy metal", just pure progressive rock with some really good drummers (Mike Portnoy and now Mike Mangini). Have been a fan for a long time, despite their awful lead singer, the rest of the musicians are amazingly talented. I don't think they were expecting to win - only John Petrucci showed up.

I wonder if Adam02 will make a new video.

More people need to know of the crunchy guitars of Crowbar! Kirk rules!
Yeah mate, 100%. The wife introduced me to a few good bands, Isis (Panopticon is still one of my favourite albums, every song is very "Dusk til Dawn, given the transition through each of the songs, Backlit does it best) / Old Man Gloom (Simia Dei is my son's favourite song), Corrosion of Conformity, Clutch & Kyuss (obviously not metal), Green Carnation (45 minute metal songs anyone?), Gojira, Katatonia and Dillinger.

Reactions: Bender
I wonder how many on here even know who Celtic Frost is. This specific song and entire record is killer. 1985.

I haven't listened to them in ages! I used to listen to a lot of stuff around that time like Sabbat, Celtic Frost and Kreator. Sepultura Arise was another awesome album.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to them in ages! I used to listen to a lot of stuff around that time like Sabbat, Celtic Frost and Kreator. Sepultura Arise was another awesome album.
Don’t forget possessed-7 churches. For some reason I never got into kreator. I surly loved sepultura (88 - beneath the remains), yeah arise was great. Dead embryonic cells. Even Chaos AD was a good album after arise. I was big into Helloween also around them times. Then that stupid grunge shit came about. If you think back it’s so strange now how fast it all changed. Glad I was there in the moment

Reactions: stefan73
Don’t forget possessed-7 churches. For some reason I never got into kreator. I surly loved sepultura (88 - beneath the remains), yeah arise was great. Dead embryonic cells. Even Chaos AD was a good album after arise. I was big into Helloween also around them times. Then that stupid grunge shit came about. If you think back it’s so strange now how fast it all changed. Glad I was there in the moment
I used to listen to Helloween also. My uncle gave me a t-shirt he bought at one of their concerts in Kaufbeuren.

Ended up in a cemetery of a 1000 wasted days. But that’s alright with me cause that’s where most of my memories lay. This video is funny. MTV played some back then

great post for references to bands i don't know. actually just got interested in "metal" in my 70's. cream,zep,mountain type of band fan usually. nightwish,evanesence,jinger etc have got me into "newer",to me,stuff which now is kinda dated as well.

Reactions: Bender
great post for references to bands i don't know. actually just got interested in "metal" in my 70's. cream,zep,mountain type of band fan usually. nightwish,evanesence,jinger etc have got me into "newer",to me,stuff which now is kinda dated as well.
If your in your 70s and you kinda missed all the early metal. I’d suggest listening to the entire Judas Priest album called “Sad wings of destiny”. Thank me later.

Then listen to rocka rolla album after that.