• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Own 3 cans, might have to make the move to Minnesota, options?

AJB

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2007
South Florida
Hello everyone. I own three cans that I really don't want to sell them and I might have to accept a job offer to Minnesota. The best idea I have come up with so far is complete the transfer paperwork to Wisconsin and keep the cans in a safety deposit box. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Prob a decent idea, unless you're closer to the SD side.
Word on the street is that if hey can get a new Gov, they think they can get the suppressor legalized.

Good luck, I'm from MN and grew up in a hunting family in the north woods and I can tell you about 60% of the idiots in that state would lose their fricken minds at the suggestion of legalizing supressors, because they're so very well informed via movies, and the other usual stupidity from the media. Although there's a good chance that things will start to change. There's a semi-pro shooter with a damn fine bank roll running for the state senate in my home district and he's getting traction.

As to the OP, I'm pretty much in a perpetual version of the same boat, my company keeps talking about reloacating me back to MN. My temporary solution is to add a good trusted friend here in CO to my trust and leave the toys with him. Then hope to help make the laws in MN change, although I'm not optimistic on that.

Hello everyone. I own three cans that I really don't want to sell them and I might have to accept a job offer to Minnesota. The best idea I have come up with so far is complete the transfer paperwork to Wisconsin and keep the cans in a safety deposit box. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Depending on your distance from the WI or Dakotas borders, you could live in another state and commute in. I'm not sure about the legality of storing the suppressors in a state where you (or your trust) is not located. Not saying it's not allowed but I wouldn't attempt it without double-checking.

My other suggestion (only partially joking) would be to look for another position in a more gun/NFA-friendly state. Had I know that Michigan was totally going to flip-flop on the NFA stance, I wouldn't have relocated to MN.

I am in Wisconsin and willing to look after the cans ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should keep the cans as far from there as possible to be safe. Like on the east coast, for example. If you have a trust, just amend it to add me to it and we can do a bit of paper work and an FFL transfer. I'll be your huckleberry.

brcook03: I am originally from MI, I am getting out of the military and really want to go back now that that has changed, but job prospects are not looking good.

I accepted the job today, so looks like i will have to visit them from time to time wherever I end up leaving them.