• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ran out of adjustments on Dbal D2

GhostFace

Verified Asshole
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2003
    Indiana
    All, I tried to zero my D2 yesterday using the parallel method. Because I have a lack of real estate on the top I mounted it on the left side. I had centered the adjustments before mounting but I was about 4 inches off on elevation and an out 6 off on windage with the unit mounted on the left side. I switched over on the right side and I got closer but still of 4 inches on windage and elevation. I tried this at 25 yards following the video linked below. Also I moved out to 50 yards hoping I would be closer but nope, that was off too. So does anyone have any suggestions? Rifle is an AR-10 with a 3-18 Razor in Midwest Mount, NV is a Armasite clip CO-X and a Sionyx sport on a bump helmet.

I emailed Steiner today and they said the D2 should have 25cm of total travel at 25 yards. So if the unit is in the middle of travel like the manual says then that means I have roughly just under 5 inches of travel which doesn’t seem like a lot to me. I know the laser are close to the bore but that still doesn’t seem like much. Anyway they offered an RMA but I’m going to go out again before sending it back. Again, any suggestions are welcomed….