• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Remington Premier 6mm Creed--Finally (Barnes 112 gr Match Burner Bullet)!

Bergara 6mm

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2018
Memphis, TN
Finally got my hands on this ammo to test it out. Targetsportsusa.com 257.51 for 200 = $1.29 per round plus free shipping. Hornady is 229.91 = $1.15 per round free ship. Shot 8 5 round groups back to back against Hornady 108gr ELD to compare. Lots of time in between strings of 10 (5 from each brand). I think barnes must just produce this for Remington, because even the packaging inside the box says Barnes.

Background info
Bergara HMR Pro 6mm 26" barrel 1623 total rounds **Accuracy has declined about .25" since new. Sending back to Bergara for their $500 re barrel option this week!
Not a reloader (at this point it would cut into my shooting time!). Have 2000 pieces of hornady 6mm if i ever start!
68 Degrees std pressure 243 ft alt
100 yd range to compare ammo and chrono (10 rd chrono string for each Magnetospeed)
max range available is 600 yards, but did get to attend the EXCELLENT K&M Precision Rifle School in Finger, TN.

Hornady-I use custom drag models for my kestrel, but g7 shows .270
Avg Vel 3041 SD 8.3
.97 moa for 8 5 shot group average

Remington Premier- Reported .320 G7
Average Vel 3030 SD 9.1
.79 moa for 8 5 shot groups (got some of my declining accuracy back!)
Had one round out of 51 shot that the primer did not ignite (first time that has happened to me in bolt gun).

Will head out to the 600 yd range today to verify BC of ammo and see how it shoots farther out!

Reactions: Mordamer
I picked up some of this crap last year when Midway first came out with it.
Just wanted to try it. In my rifle, HH heavy palma, 7.5 twist, chamber by PVA
Wouldn't chamber without slamming the bolt closed. Shot like crap.
Only shot about 10 of the 20, didn't like having to force the bolt closed.
Went home and measured the base to shoulder. Was way long, .005 "no-go"
They were loaded in R-P brass. Reminton must not have tried any in a rifle
before selling them to the public., back then.
Sent the rest back to Barnes. They even sent a paid return pkg.
Never heard from them either way, that they screwed up or that I didn't know what I was doing.
Haven't seen any for sale at Midway since.

Barnes 112-grain Match Burner Sectional Density 0.271
Ballistic Coefficient 0.624
C.O.A.L 2.775”

Barnes has good load data on this bullet for 6mm Creedmoor on their site if you choose to reload.

Good luck with that.

Reloading makes sense for lot of shooting plus you can “tune” rounds to fit your rifle.