• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Redding vs Hornady seating die

lightman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2009
England, ar
I'm about to buy a straightline seating die for my 300WSM. I"m just looking for your opinions. I already own a few Reddings, so I'm leaning that way. Lots of members here really like the Hornady, and its a little cheaper. So, what do you have, and why do you like/dislike it. I would not rule out a custom die. I FL size, so a hand die and an arbor press is probably out. This rifle shoots well enough to justify the cost. Lightman

I realize it's not one of your choices that you gave to vote on, but personally I love the RCBS Gold Medal Match Seating die. They are fairly spendy, but they seat bullets with little to no runout...have a micrometer adjustment...and the best part is the loading window which is really nice with smaller 22 cal rounds. I use these seating dies on 223, 22-250, 260, 7-08, 270, 338LM and they all work flawlessly!!

(NOTE): I also float all my dies by inserting a 7/8" O-ring between my press and dies.

RCBS Gold Medal Match Series Bushing Seater Die 300 Winchester Short

you might want to look at the forster, basically the same as redding but usually cheaper. I have two new dimension hornady seating dies that work just fine and I can't justify buying another die for those two calibers.