• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ruger 10/22 Getting the kinks worked out

Quark

Professional Dodgeball
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2012
Ft Worth, Texas
All,

Here is my 10/22 build that I plan on using to train with.

Tacticool Stock
Kidd 20" Fluted Barrel
pretty much all Kidd Internals with the exception of the receiver and bolt.

With Wolf Match I was having a lot of FTE's so I ended up replacing the Extractor. Shot it today and while I have a long way to go I think the gun is doing its part.

Ruger-10-22.jpg

First decent group - 50 Yards, 10 rounds

10-22-Ruger-01-12-12.jpg

Pretty windy though.

Regards

Bill

Re: Ruger 10/22 Getting the kinks worked out

If those are 1" squares that's a great group for 50yards and a 10/22! How heavy is the Kidd bull barrel?

Thanks ! The Barrel is heavy
eek.gif
Entire rifle weighs in around 8lbs 13oz.

Now I just have to learn to shoot it.

Regards

Bill

Groups look like mine with Wolf Match Target. Now try some Wolf Match Extra's and see what it does.

I can't stand reliability issues. The tight chambers people have to use for accuracy suck for reliability. My 10/22 went through 4 barrels and the current one is Hidesert dog, and is the first reliable barrel. Not the most accurate barrel, but at least it goes bang when the trigger is pulled.

My 504T had a Lija and it would have FTE's occasionally as a bolt gun with dual extractors using match ammo with lubed cases.

My experience, such as it is, is that this is a pretty accurate set up. The Rifle, when new suffered from FTE's and replacing the Barrel, Stock, Trigger and Charging Handle did nothing to alleviate that. Replacing the Extractor however did fix the problem. Haven't had any issues since.

Regards

Bill