• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Schooling in the US

Why we chose to homeschool; it was almost unheard of and now in some states it’s nearing 20% . On way to starve the beast is to stop feeding it children to feast upon and indoctrinate
Could not agree more.

Reactions: Zolar
If home schooled kids comes out being successful and mentally stable the school system will die.

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 12.17.41 PM.png

Sped through it but didn't hear mention of this man which calls everything he says into question.

The wiki has a lot of puffery but it is easy to see through as to what Dewey advocated for and who lauded him.

Reactions: Makinchips208
The problem with public school is not really the curriculum or the lack of education about business and money. While that may be a problem, the bigger problem is that they want to indoctrinate the kids in their evil ways. They have even said it “we are coming for your children”

Reactions: Emerson0311
There are excellent public schools out there, and there are bad ones. Schools are almost exclusively ran and staffed by people from the local community. What model they use and what it was originally invented for is fairly irrelevant. We use that model because its structured and well organized. When schools are funded locally, there is no need to meet federal guidelines. When your school begins taking that federal money, everything changes. "Public schools" are not a single entity. There are thousands of different "public schools."

There area lot of reasons we have a public education system. Some of the founder such as George Washington and James Madison thought it was vital to our republic. Of course they expected people to get up off their asses and watch how their school was being run.

Public shools are no longer a meritocracy. Those who excel are purposely pulled down to the level of those who do not. All the money and effort are spent on those who neither want it or deserve it. Education has given way to important things like equity, equality and black/hispanic heritage months. Achievement is not rewarded in lieu of skin color and sexual orientation. Education should be separated by high school age into those interested in higher education/professional training and those interested in trades. It should be competitive for both with no welfare net to catch those that don't give a shit. The problem is that public schools are exactly what this country is currently, so.........not changing and part of the plan.

Interesting video.

The most important thing to learn is the Golden Rule, and why its important. Its important, not because some dusty old book says so, but for very practical reasons.

1-Every action has an equal opposite reaction. Ripples in the pond and all.
2-You reap as you sow. Apples for apples, good for good, evil for evil.

Therefor put out what you want to come back. Action/Reaction. If EVERONE did that the world would be a different place.

Then the most important sub skills, discerning wisdom, communication, empathy for others, and problem solving, should come first.

But we all know those things wont happen. Its too difficult to control a thinking populace.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Public shools are no longer a meritocracy. Those who excel are purposely pulled down to the level of those who do not. All the money and effort are spent on those who neither want it or deserve it. Education has given way to important things like equity, equality and black/hispanic heritage months. Achievement is not rewarded in lieu of skin color and sexual orientation. Education should be separated by high school age into those interested in higher education/professional training and those interested in trades. It should be competitive for both with no welfare net to catch those that don't give a shit. The problem is that public schools are exactly what this country is currently, so.........not changing and part of the plan.
Meritocracy has been replaced by "equity"

I'd say save your kids the waste of time and money on theropy cost deprogramming is expensive and time consuming working the family farm or learning bush craft might be time better spend lol well at least they could feed themself and a family . god provided people with 10 fingers and 10 toes good for counting they are .

I would hate to be a goal-oriented kid these days and basically have to "go along" with their sysytem just to get an "A". I couldn't do it.

Reactions: ggmanning
We also spend a huge percent of funds on the top (Advanced Placement, usually with the best teachers for kids who could teach themselves) and on the bottom (Special Ed for kids who will always be dependent). If your kids are in the middle, they get ignored.

Reactions: Lightning8
I think we are fucked. But I will say that historically the pendulum always swings, I do know some kids who are very opposed to all the woke indoctrination. Those kids will grow up to form the new economy. Remember, the counter culture hippy movement didn't last forever.

I think we are fucked. But I will say that historically the pendulum always swings, I do know some kids who are very opposed to all the woke indoctrination. Those kids will grow up to form the new economy. Remember, the counter culture hippy movement didn't last forever.
Marx and Lenin said that communism could only succeed if it was absolute and universal.

that way there is no sense of comparison, people don't see the relative differences between what they have, and freedom elsewhere, and realize that they are missing something.

the globalists want a universal global order for that same reason. It will be drummed into kids by commissar teachers whose job is to nullify parental interference. there will be nowhere to escape to, and no concept that life is better somewhere else. What they want, although they would obviously paint it in a better light, is exactly what Orwell said:

'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever.'.

I have already mentioned elsewhere about an 8th grade drop out in the 1800s who could do more than most college graduates today. I won't rehash that.

Public schools were meant to churn out people functionally literate enough to work in factories. It does not even accomplish that. If you have children, home school them. I did not say it would be easy.

But nothing is.

Blur - "Song #2" -

"
I got my head checked
By a jumbo jet
It wasn't easy
But nothing is
"

Interesting timing, and relating to this thread. I got this text today from a family member.

"We are at a football game at Scotts Valley High School. Greg just used the boys restroom and came back laughing because the boys restroom had a tampon dispenser!!! 😳 There was a diagram showing how to insert the tampon. 🤪"

• Sad
Reactions: NoDopes
racism criers and wokeness destroys everything.

For a while, in the 70s and early 80s, Arlington ISD (Arlington, Texas) was providing 2 year programs for your junior and senior years in certain trades such as electrical construction and electronics technicians. Basically, you would graduate with a certificate in that trade, which made it a lot easier to get a job. And then, a number of employers locally were offering scholarships to employees who would go to college to get degrees in the field of interest. However, this is back when a number of schools still cared about standards. When no pass, no play still held sway.

Reactions: Clob McStrunk