• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sig Kilo 2000 vs bushnell conx prices are getting in $300.00 range.

B

boomer81

Well I know they are both gonna be obsolete before long with updates already on the sig and rumored on the bushnell. But $300.00 is about all I can afford. I just got a 700xcr 338 lapua and a nxs5-22-56 and I'm wanting to do some 1k hunting and try my hand at the one mile club. Either one of these I'm gonna have to live with awhile. I've heard good and bad on both. The mile shot will be done with gps so I'm not as worried about that. I've seen some say the sig can go 2000 plus. But there are issues with reliability. The conx may not get the distance but seems tough and can link up with applied ballistics app and which I own and kestrel which may be in the cards in the future. What would y'all do who has the best warranty.

The ConX can connect to gizmo's and gives you so many options and even when they bring out a new one the ConX will still work like a charm so it will still be a contender.

John.

I just got the ConX in the mail and taking it out to 1100 tomorrow. Well see how it does. I will at least test out the range finder to as far as I can see and see what I come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the ConX in the mail and taking it out to 1100 tomorrow. Well see how it does. I will at least test out the range finder to as far as I can see and see what I come up with.

Well It should do quite well, I have zapped targets and things way beyond what bushnell claim so you should have fun,

good luck,

John.

Well I know they are both gonna be obsolete before long with updates already on the sig and rumored on the bushnell. But $300.00 is about all I can afford. I just got a 700xcr 338 lapua and a nxs5-22-56 and I'm wanting to do some 1k hunting and try my hand at the one mile club. Either one of these I'm gonna have to live with awhile. I've heard good and bad on both. The mile shot will be done with gps so I'm not as worried about that. I've seen some say the sig can go 2000 plus. But there are issues with reliability. The conx may not get the distance but seems tough and can link up with applied ballistics app and which I own and kestrel which may be in the cards in the future. What would y'all do who has the best warranty.

Just to clarify, the CONX does not talk to the AB app. My advice, get the CONX. If it was a Sig 2200, it would be dealers choice.

I have mine set up in AB mode and I think that will be the best option for the field use. I like connecting the Kestrel to my phone to set it up though.

I ordered the conx through eurooptic last night for $298 with free shipping that was a no brainer. they may get cheaper but then they may sell out. I'm probably gonna get a kestrel 5700 ab next. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I just ordered the Sig Kilo 2000. After all of my research I think both are great units, I just liked the compactness of the Sig. I plan on using this for bow and rifle hunting as well as long range target shooting so the sig seemed like the best fit for me. But, I hope the conx works great for you, I debated hard with the same question!

I took the ConX out to 1041 today. The set up is pretty sweet. Honestly I like looking at the Kestrel more then inside the range finder.

I turned on the ConX, waited a few seconds to allow the Kestrel time to connect, lazed the target, and then looked at the Kestrel to adjust the scope.

It worked out well but honestly any range finder will work of it gives the angle you would just have to do the inputs yourself instead of it syncing with the Kestrel.

Well I've took out the conx 2 times so far. I don't know how I feel about it. Accuracy on single trees and tree lines etc. is 850-950 yards. I have ranged out as far as 1335 on but it was not reliably repeatable. And nothing near a mile. And I have stuff ranged out with gps to 2140 and can probably get to 2500 yards. I'm getting into So do I keep it cause it's a decent and tough 1000yd range finder for $300.00 or would you send it back and get the 2000 and maybe I just might go 2200 if I can find one for $400 or under on eBay.

Well I've took out the conx 2 times so far. I don't know how I feel about it. Accuracy on single trees and tree lines etc. is 850-950 yards. I have ranged out as far as 1335 on but it was not reliably repeatable. And nothing near a mile. And I have stuff ranged out with gps to 2140 and can probably get to 2500 yards. I'm getting into So do I keep it cause it's a decent and tough 1000yd range finder for $300.00 or would you send it back and get the 2000 and maybe I just might go 2200 if I can find one for $400 or under on eBay.

Similar experience with the Conx being good to about 1200-1300 yds off-hand, which covers my 90% of my needs and the limits of my 6.5 CM. I really like the connectivity with the Kestrel. The Kilo 2000 has q/c issues... so its a crap shoot. Today only, Brownell's has the Conx for $299, plus a $35 off/free shipping coupon if you spend $300 (so just add a $2 part). Having the connectivity and reliable ranging from 1300 and in for $265 is a good way to go. Plus, you don't need to buy a separate tri-pod adapter if you want to push ranging to 1 mile.

Were I using a tripod? If not, that's why. You need a very stable platform to range at that distance.

Yes it was on a tripod and it had free shipping from europtic. I'm gonna take it out again tonight.

I jumped at $300 bucks , it can live in the vehicle for me to confirm
WAG eyeball range estimations . For serious work the 2400AB Kilo
gets the job , but it's $1890 Aussie dollars : not leaving it in the vehicle !
im hoping the Kilo 2200 drops a little in price .

I won't claim experience with the CONX. But after two prior generations of Bushnell rangefinders that would barely get to half their rated distance in field conditions, I switched to Sig and have no regrets.

Well mine has eaten it's first battery so I have ordered a few more, I think that using the BT increases the drain on the battery, using it as a stand alone unit once the profile has been loaded will reduce the drain, So I will now see how long the new battery lasts,

I have hit things right out to 1677 yards and trees out to 1381 which is over a 1/4 mile past what bushnell claim and dark grey stone walls out to 1485 yards on extremely hazey days at 11 am in bright sun light, but I think that success in ranging targets is more down to the user because the first week or so I did struggle to get it to lock on to things and now it locks to what ever I aim it at, Only a few thing it has not locked on to, but those things are pretty rare, I even managed to range the Tip of a thin CB aerial at 226.6 yards on a bright sunny day, and the beam is smaller than the older models too, It is not 1.5m X 3 mils, I found a review where the tester measured it,

I have still yet to test mine to see how far it will go, Or if it will go past that magic number but I am pretty sure it. Unlike earlier models this one is very fussy and I think that has more to do with the smaller beam size, But the sweet spot is always in the middle of the aiming circle which is good, I have seen some brands where they are high or low or off to one side and they drive you nuts trying to aim the thing.

John.

Well I can afford the 2200 now so what would you do. Send it back or what. Honestly 600yards from a mile is bullshit if your gonna call it a mile range finder

Well I can afford the 2200 now so what would you do. Send it back or what. Honestly 600yards from a mile is bullshit if your gonna call it a mile range finder

Just for the record, they only claim a mile on reflective targets. 800 for deer

As TDH says 600 yards on Deer and 900 on Trees and 1760 on reflective targets, Mine Exceeds Bushnells claims by a good 1/4 mile or around 400 yards, I don't know why yours coming up 600 yards short whether it is your LRF or how you use it, which means you are getting Deer at Zero and Trees at 300 yards and 1160 on reflective targets.

You have already posted that you have ranged trees at 850 to 950 so it is not coming up short, If you are Ranging the Leaves on Trees then you might have a problem but the main Trunk should give you a reading,

Watch this Video and you will see the Guy Range a single fence post at 1469 metres OR 1606 + Yards and Trees at 1389 metres OR 1519 yards which is 600 yards past Bushnells Claims and 700 yards more / further for the fence post which is part of a Tree,,

I paid $709 for mine and it is worth ever penny, Like I have posted many times and this Video states that you have to play with the settings meaning the Tree / Targets and Scan Mode and find which one suits the Target you are trying to range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufyEqTn6CaM

Is a huge ass tin barn reflective enough or do I need to invest in tin foil

Is a huge ass tin barn reflective enough or do I need to invest in tin foil

Then I would clean the lenses and try it again and if there is no change then I would send it back, because something is not right.

The Bushnells can be had today at Brownells for $279 shipped. Use code "M5Z".

It expires at midnight, but I am sure there will be more opportunities unless they run out of stock.

Well I am sorry for your troubles, I think you should try another one though, I zapped a 6x6 corner of a tin shed with mine at around 1677 9x out of ten, I am also sure these things are battery sensitive too. The lower it gets the worse they can range when it gets real low, I have zapped domestic sheep at 881 yards one after the other that guy in the video is getting them at over 1300 yards and I have hit small Trees (25-30 foot) at 1381 yards, and small white marker pegs over 300 yards and yesterday I ranged the tip of a CB arieil at 229 yards,which is quite a feat seeing as it is only 1/4" wide at the point of aim.

hope you get it sorted soon.

John.

mine is about the same, I used a tripod and the best I could get is just under 1400 yards. I couldn't even get reflective grain silos to range at 1000 yards but I could get the vehicles at 1018. It's good enough for my needs but there is no way I would be happy with it at $600, at $280 I'm fine. Now I just need to get a kestrel to talk with it...

The ConX has a fairly small beam and does not respond well with hand shake, The ConX or any LRF for that matter behaves like a 1/4 moa rifle and as such you need to be just as accurate with it, I don't believe mine is any better than yours It's just how I use it, like I said when I first got it I had trouble ranging things and it is a lot less forgiving than other models I have owned.

The cars that I ranged were parked on the same property where the silos are and they were further away. I used the tripod and the best that I can get is 1409 yards. Like I said at $280 I'm happy with it.

The cars that I ranged were parked on the same property where the silos are and they were further away. I used the tripod and the best that I can get is 1409 yards. Like I said at $280 I'm happy with it.

Well if those grain silos are round then they can bounce the bean off at all angles, I have zapped a 6x6 corner of a shed that was painted the same colour as the underside of a leaf at 1677 yards and it did that 9/10 free hand not on a tripod,

John.

Okay, I'll look at some other places to range but I did try the house and other flat surfaces. I'll do some driving around this weekend...

Okay, I'll look at some other places to range but I did try the house and other flat surfaces. I'll do some driving around this weekend...

It did take me a few days to get use to aiming the it, It is over sensitive to how you use it.

I bought a ConX and Kilo 2400 ABS and tested them side by side along with my Leica 1600B. I can range trees over 2000 yards away and lots of targets in between. The ConX wouldn't range as far as the others which is to be expected. I found it took a long time to acquire a target at distance while the other two were darned near immediate. It took me a while to figure that out since I was thinking it just wouldn't read those targets. I had trouble on a house and rows of trees at 1100 - 1300 yards with the ConX. It would read intermittently even on a tripod.

I don't know why some folks are having troubles with the ConX, The Guy in the Video is getting readings out to 1600 yards + on a fence post in an instant and I have got similar results and I was using it freehand, I have hit building at 45* degrees at over 1300 yards, Dark Grey stone buildings at 1485, And 6x6 pieces of a shed at 1677 yards and it hit that 9/10. ya can't compare the ConX with the sig 2400 because it costs twice the price and it has a different class of Laser in it so it is a bit like comparing it to a Terrapin and at 6K it is hardly a fair fight.

Out of all my testing I only found one target that was a problem and it was a large warehouse/shed that was over 1800/2000 yards away on a extremely hazey / misty day. and yet I was hitting small trees at over 1500 yards.

Trying to see a target/human/ deer with the human eye at a mile away is nigh on impossible, finding a targets with a high end optic and then trying to Laze it is expecting a bit much, Using the ConX from a tactical point of view puts it in a league of it's own, But shooting animals past 1000-1200 is just unethical depending on the Calibre being used, There are people here who have scored first round hits at over 1000 yards on a 10" piece of steel using the ConX first time out of the box.

To be more correct, I wasn't comparing them to see which was better but which one I might want to keep. The price difference is substantial. I also wanted to see how the ConX worked with the Kestrel and the Sig and it's app. I so wish the Sig would talk to the Kestrel app and pull wind readings right in. I like the way Strelok Pro can do that. Anyway, that's all off topic. Sorry to divert the thread.

To be more correct, I wasn't comparing them to see which was better but which one I might want to keep. The price difference is substantial. I also wanted to see how the ConX worked with the Kestrel and the Sig and it's app. I so wish the Sig would talk to the Kestrel app and pull wind readings right in. I like the way Strelok Pro can do that. Anyway, that's all off topic. Sorry to divert the thread.

I spoke to Strelok ( Igor ) about making the App talk to the ConX so hopefully he is working on making it connect to the ConX, Then the App and the ConX and the Kestrel could all connect up, Out of all the LRF's I prefer the ConX in terms of flexibility and the finish with the brown rubber armour,

I just bought the Sig Kilo 2400 and so far this thing as been dead nuts accurate. Only thing I would maybe change would be for the wind meter to be able to plug into a 3.5mm jack on the LRF itself as a another option. Or Bluetooth with there wireless wind meter, but then it would have to be disconnected from the Sig app on the phone. I am surprised Bluetooth can only talk to one device at a time now I am sure that in the future it will have the ability.