• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3x CTR stock and bottom metal conversion

Jack315668

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2022
TX
So I happen to have the chance to acquire a tikka T3x Hunter (With the wood stock) for free.

My question is this: Would it be possible to take the whole action and barrel assembly and drop it directly into a T3x CTR stock with a Mountain Tactical AICS conversion bottom metal that is made for the CTR? Would this all drop in and work together or would I be better off just selling it and buying a CTR?

Yes, should work.

Be aware there may be a small leaf-spring type metal tab under the bolt for the trigger that is used for the standard Tikka mag retention. If I remember correctly you will have to remove that first before switching to chassis/other DBM. (unbolt and remove)

Something like this:

880401.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, should work.

Be aware there may be a small leaf-spring type metal tab under the bolt for the trigger that is used for the standard Tikka mag catch. If I remember correctly you will have to remove that first before switching to chassis/other DBM. (unbolt and remove)

Something like this:

View attachment 8009204

Be sure to save that little spring in a safe place - they're expensive to buy right now.

Reactions: Harman117