• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Time pieces/Watches?

@someguy12341 After Ernie Romers sold WUS it rapidly changed and I found myself moving away from the forum. Between 95-2009 bought and sold watches at that forum around the world and never once had a bad experience. For me it was more like renting watches because I was flipping them so fast. Sieko ANA Pilot is still a grail watch that never past through, biggest regret was letting my SeaStar 1000 go. My info is definitely outdated but I see you are dealing with health problems please keep in mind, some skepticism may exist selling something without a prior forum presence. It may bring out the dreaded low ballers. Best wishes you, have a lot going on.

Thanks, guys - I'll check out those sites. The chemo is for my wife; not me - but that makes it more important, as far as I'm concerned. I appreciate the support and prayers.

I’ve had my eye on this one for years and finally pulled the trigger on a Tudor Pelagos. Similar to just about everything else in the safe, it was like-new when I bought it.

IMG_3696.jpeg

Another WOE fan here. I've been eyeing a Planet Ocean for years and this first gen came up for sale recently. Had to pull the trigger.

View attachment 8385589
Awesome 👍 I had a Planet Ocean once. Beautiful , felt better than any other watch I’ve owned.
It had the 2500 movement , Kept it on a winder , noticed it wasn’t moving 🫣
Seems the oil was funky. Sent it back to the AD , he told me it had happened on other 2500’s . While it was in PO jail , i traded it in. Snake bit so to speak. I have a hard on for a Seamaster Diver 300M , 9900 movement, with a sapphire case back. I dig watching the movement !!

Reactions: Clearlight
Awesome 👍 I had a Planet Ocean once. Beautiful , felt better than any other watch I’ve owned.
It had the 2500 movement , Kept it on a winder , noticed it wasn’t moving 🫣
Seems the oil was funky. Sent it back to the AD , he told me it had happened on other 2500’s . While it was in PO jail , i traded it in. Snake bit so to speak. I have a hard on for a Seamaster Diver 300M , 9900 movement, with a sapphire case back. I dig watching the movement !!
This one has the 2500C movement. I really like the new PO with the 8900 movement and the 300M's. Really nice watches. My next may be a Tudor Pelagos FXD or a Tudor Ranger though. Not sure yet. Then again I also need to grab an ATACR for my 6ARC. lol.

Reactions: Sandhog308
This one has the 2500C movement. I really like the new PO with the 8900 movement and the 300M's. Really nice watches. My next may be a Tudor Pelagos FXD or a Tudor Ranger though. Not sure yet. Then again I also need to grab an ATACR for my 6ARC. lol.
If she quits ticking , easy solution ! Mine kept COSC time until it didn’t 🥴
Enjoy yours !! Which Tudor would I get ?? 🧐 Worse rabbit holes to down , I tell myself !

Snicker if you want but I found "my" grail watch! A SBDX017 Marine Master. Grand Seiko movement (8L35 based on the 9S55 with less regulation and a heavier wheel to handle the diver hands. Still hand assembled.)? Check! Monoblock case? Check! Actually says "MARINEMASTER Automatic Professional 300 m" and not that stupid "X"? Check! I am a happy boy! Note... Not my wrist :LOL: Be here in 48 hours!
MM300.png

Last edited:
Snicker if you want but I found "my" grail watch! A SBDX017 Marine Master. Grand Seiko-ish movement (8R35 based on the 9S55)? Check! Soild case back? Check! Actually says "MARINEMASTER Automatic Professional 300 m" and not that stupid "X"? Check! I am a happy boy! Note... Not my wrist :LOL: Be here in 48 hours!
View attachment 8432064
If not your wrist - ankle?

In one of the other threads I posted up a link to a smaller watch company that put out an ad that made me buy a watch.

Incase you missed it here is the commercial.

I just saw this thread pop back up to the top, that commercial was something I posted in the other thread this week so it was at the top of my mind, you may want to see the watch I bought. IIRC they only made 1000 of them.

1717678886721.png

1717678908419.png

I am a bit of a watch nerd, but I have VERY thin wrists. Most of what I like looks like a hub cap stuck on my wrist, and I detest that look. So I need to go smaller.

When I went with my last "fancy" watch I wanted something that I would actually wear, so I looked at things that are in a smaller form factor. I looked and tried on several "high end" watches, TAG, Rolex, Omega.....and all of them in the style I like are just huge.

Finally Tudor came out with the Black Bay 58 39mm, I see the 54 is even smaller, but this will do just fine.

1717679223526.png

This is the every day watch, I use it like I use a true "tool" watch. I have hit it with a grinder, got welding splatter on it, and covered in oil and grease. It is a tool and I use it as such.

I have other "lesser" watches that are in the rotation if I feel like something different when I go out. This is usually not the case unless I think, you know I have not worn that very often lately.

There is one exception to that rule, I have a specific watch I wear when I ride motorcycles. This is the watch I had on when a deer attacked the bike, and I busted three ribs and both thumbs. The watch and glove was ripped off my hand and wrist and the guy following me found it in the middle of the road, he saw me hit the deer and was cool enough to give it back to me. It is not an expensive watch but even with all that it keeps good time.

That little bit of scuffing is all that happened to it. I still say the Seiko A5's are the best inexpensive automatics out there.
1717679718216.png

And it landed. More than I had hoped for! The watch is mint and has everything that came with the watch orginally included. The part that kind of shocked me is that it wears small for a 44mm watch. The braclet, however, is huge and here I though the Japanese' had small wrists :LOL: I guess it is drysuit ready from the word go. I dig it and might have to haggle on the green SLA047J1 they have in their used, er, estate, cabinet as well.
MM300-1.jpg

MM300-2.jpg

Last edited:
In one of the other threads I posted up a link to a smaller watch company that put out an ad that made me buy a watch.

Incase you missed it here is the commercial.

I just saw this thread pop back up to the top, that commercial was something I posted in the other thread this week so it was at the top of my mind, you may want to see the watch I bought. IIRC they only made 1000 of them.

View attachment 8432994
View attachment 8432995

ok, now I want to buy from them too!

A moment of silence out of respect.
Last July I bought a Seiko X. Not the top of the line, but I liked it. It loses a minute a day as regular as clockwork.
Tonight, the Daughter was helping me as I worked on the John Deere and I tripped on the corner bogey. I caught myself on a sawhorse but unfortunately the Seiko couldn’t take the strain and was torn from my wrist.
Really, I’m glad it sacrificed that little pin rather than rip off my hand.
I’ll get her fixed shortly, and she’ll be back on my wrist in no time.
Pics to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: crackerbrown
Bud hid this in my luggage after our last hunting trip. He has several and asked if I wanted it. I said no. But he gave it to me anyway.

Been surprisingly tough. Don't surf with one if you change the battery yourself but don't replace the gasket. Dropped it off for a new movement yesterday due to salt water intrusion.

20220612_143534-1.jpg

Bud hid this in my luggage after our last hunting trip. He has several and asked if I wanted it. I said no. But he gave it to me anyway.

Been surprisingly tough. Don't surf with one if you change the battery yourself but don't replace the gasket. Dropped it off for a new movement yesterday due to salt water intrusion.

View attachment 8434234

i want a hunting buddy who gives me Tag Huers against my will.

• Haha
Reactions: someguy12341
Love the IWC.

I have an original Fleigerchronograph with the ceramic case when they were first released in the late 90s. It is one of my favorite timepieces. It is very unassuming.
Nice. Def a fan of IWC. I wear the top gun (44.5) the most. The size is perfect.

Reactions: Nik H
i want a hunting buddy who gives me Tag Huers against my will.

He's my wingman from our Navy days. Last time he and his wife visited I got him a decent little 308 rifle. He knew I actually wanted one too, which is why I gave him one. Figured if I wanted one he would too. Before they left town he snuck the rifle into my man cave, swearing my wife to secrecy. Bastard told me it was a gift. He gets full credit and I pay the bill! Love that guy. Best friend for over 40 years.

At the airport after a pronghorn hunt in Wyoming. -13F days with strong winds were rough, but he never complained and even rounded a mountain to move the heard over toward me. Badass old dude. Notice he's only running one leg. Federal biologist was out there and asked what the hell I was doing out in those conditions. "Hunting!" He said, "You're the only one." And I said, "No I'm not". :) I said I'm waiting for my one-legged friend to bring me some goats. He laughed and said "I gotta see this!" Shortly after, around the hill comes Tim at a full gallup, somehow with the pronghorn chasing him. We all rolled on the ground laughing so hard! By the time we recovered the goats had topped the rise and I never got a shot. Best hunt of my life. :)
Tim.jpg

Tim2.jpg

Saw him in NH when he was just getting big. He puts on a great show.
Nice! My wife and I saw The Brothers Osbourne before they got big at the Fryeburg fair in Maine. That was a cool show.

Chris Stapleton though... he killed it at that show. One of the best performances I've ever seen.

Reactions: Anb618