• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Trigger Advice: 308 AR with 2 uppers

bmt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2010
Skinner's Mudhole, Oregon
Looking for advice on a trigger for a 308 lower with a carbine and a "precision" upper (all DPMS).

Geisselle looks most promising.

Is one better than another Geisslle model?

Looks like the Geisselle "3-gun" model would work well.

Any hints appreciated.

BMT

Re: Trigger Advice: 308 AR with 2 uppers

I should note that recreational precision shooting and some hunting with the "precision" upper. recreational shooting and some home defense (shotgun is the primary) for the "carbine" upper.

BMT

I've owned Geissele SSAs, S2Ss, a SD-3G, a SD-C, and SD-Es...my favorite outta the bunch is easily the SD-E.

The SD-3G is the fastest trigger Ive ever used, but I wouldn't use it for precision type shooting

The SD-C is the finest hard use combat/duty/HD/PD type trigger Ive ever used. It goes great in both a GP or a precision type AR.

The SD-E is the finest hard use precision AR trigger Ive ever used. It feels simply amazing! Super predicable, super reliable, and has a break on it that is incredible.

I recommend a SD-E for your needs based on what you wrote above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA-E all the way. </div></div>

Which is exactly the same thing as an SD-E, only with a traditional curved trigger bow, right? I believe that is correct. I have and like the SSA, SD-E, and DMR - I'm sticking with the SD-E in everything from now on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA-E all the way. </div></div>

Which is exactly the same thing as an SD-E, only with a traditional curved trigger bow, right? I believe that is correct. I have and like the SSA, SD-E, and DMR - I'm sticking with the SD-E in everything from now on.</div></div>

Correct. I prefer the curved trigger, so I went with the SSA-E at Killshot's recommendation. Happy as could be with it. After getting to feel all their triggers side by side I think it was the best choice for my application.

If I were doing more precision shooting than walk around hog hunting with my 308 I would choose the DMR. I like a 2 stage trigger, and the DMR is LIGHT and CRISP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA-E all the way. </div></div>

Because its $25 cheaper, too.

BMT

Thanks for all the help.

I was torn between the flat and curved triger bow. So I called the company. I learned two things:

The name "Geisselle" is pronounced "Guys Lee" and the SSA-E is most appropriate for a revolver (curved bow) shooter.

Basically the flat bow is personal preference.

BMT