• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Unique Alpine TPG-1 Downunder

wooferocau

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Victoria,Australia
Fist day of testing with my New Unique Alpine TPG-1 in .308.........VERY nice rifle.

100mtr and 200mtr groups.. More tomorrow..

Pics..

That is a very nice piece of kit mate. What projectiles were you using? And can that one switch barrels like the TPG-3?

That is a very nice piece of kit mate. What projectiles were you using? And can that one switch barrels like the TPG-3?

At the moment using the Sierra 155 Palma ..... this is the easiest rifle i have ever loaded for!!! Basically fist starting load is producing 1/4 MOA.

Barrel change is the same as the TPG-3.........So quick and easy..

The build quality of the Unique Alpine is extraordinary good .......I have Accuracy International ( AWSM) and Sako ( TRG) and the UA is in my opinion ahead of the other two !

That's impressive then. I'm a fan of the TRG due to that action smoothness. I'm interested to see how the rifle continues to perform. Good luck with it mate

wooferocu,

Who did you go through to get the rifle? I remember a few years back Acme rifles used to be the agent for them.

Yep it was Acme..... It was the last New TPG-1 Klaus had, he was keeping it for himself , but decided to pass it on.

I looked at buying the TPG-1 many years ago but bought my AI AWSM instead.....i always regretted not getting the TPG-1, so when this one became available i jumped....Its a way nicer rifle than the AWSM !! Really stoked with the TPG-1.

Thats awesome. Can we get some pics of the bolt head too? Do they make their own barrels? What rifling method is used?

The OAL on those 308s is impressive. Is this a long action or are you do single feeding?

its a long action... the rounds still feed from the mag at 2.930"..

That's one slick piece, accurate too. I'm generally not a fan of chassis but I would love to give that a go.

edit: is that an MOA adjustable scope mount?

Went out today as conditions were near perfect.

The TPG-1 is turning out to be the most accurate rifle i have ever used!!...... Exceeding my AI AWSM and Sako TRG..

Group at 300mtrs...

First round went off before i was holding on target ....fired "5"more shots into 16mm.

This is the best 500mtr group i have ever achieved!..

Reactions: reubenski
This is one rifle i will NOT be parting with.....

Magic day today, basically no wind and slightly overcast...

Shot at 400 mtrs and 800 mtrs... again very happy with the results..

For those interested..

Holy shit, whats a guy gotta do to get a tree in that area?

nice shooting.

Hi,
I also have a TPG1 but i had a lot of problems in findig his favourite bullet; The 168 Grs I tried gave pour results; Have you tried other than Sierra Palma 155grs ?
with OAl at 2.930" you are far from the lands.. correct ?

I have found that the TPG is somewhat finicky on loads. It took me a while to get a load it liked. It absolutely hated the factory ammunition that I got with the rifle.

My load is as follows. NOTE it is on the hot side.

HBC Optimus Projectile 155 grain
Lapua case
46.5 Grains of ADI 2208 (Vargent)
CCI primers
OAL 2.87" (This sits just off the lands)

As this is quite a hot load and getting very close to a full case I would work up to it with your powder supply if you choose to try it.

I have been using this load in F-Standard comp in Australia and the limit is my reading of the wind, not the rifle or the load. I have been getting results at sub 0.2MOA on a good day.

I have not tried higher bullet weights, so I can't help you out there.

Our club regularly shoots at 700-1000 yards and I find that usually I am not getting transonic issues at that range.

Sensational...Amazing...Could you please tell me what brand/model of the Bipod you have fitted? (I am about to commission mine).