• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Update on my bolt stop
Finally arrived in Canada after a month of waiting (thanks USPS) and got it installed. Came in black, might cerakote it in pink to remember the Hi-Lighter days. Easy to install, took 2 minutes and a 1/16 hex key.

Called VGW and there's no update yet on when I can send my action to the Canadian gunsmith for the permanent fix. Won't be sending it out until the season is over so doesn't matter much right now for me. Will be carrying a Hi-Lighter for the remaining season.

Attachments

• 20220517_161055.jpg
    20220517_161055.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 164
  • 20220517_163148.jpg
    20220517_163148.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 156
Anyone ever shoot much Eley out of their V22? I know the chamber is cut for Lapua but I have several boxes of Tenex. I've done the small modification to the mags and it seems to feed pretty good now but I did have about 7-8 (out of 50) failure to fires today. I would eject the round and put it back in the mag and it would fire fine. I'm no gunsmith but I'm guessing it was a light primer strike. I've never had it happen to any other ammo but I've only shot SK and Lapua from this rifle. It shot really well and I'd love to make it work out if I can. Ideas?
Eley ammo's rim thickness is 0.005 inch thinner than Lapua. That may be the reason for your misfires.

These things are badass, I need a sponsor so I can afford one lol

Reactions: Williwaw
Finally venturing into Vudooland. Just got a text from Jelrod with his test target. I ordered a bunch of Vudoo mags to use in my Rimx, liked them so much I called Jill and ordered an action that came to me in a matter of days. Sent it off with a Shilen Ratchet and PTG Ultimate EPS Eley reamer and initial testing looks great. I should have it this week. Went with Shilen after seeing how they seem to be at the top of the heap in BR competition and the chamber has the same specs as a Calfee 2 which was his recommendation to a friend in Finland as the only way to go with these barrels. Can't wait to wring it out. I have a boatload of assorted Eley, some SK, and a couple of boxes of Center X to see what it likes.. Not sure how it makes a difference but, Joe Chacon, who has gone through different barrels building his BR 1022's says he has found these barrels to do better in windy conditions of which I have lots. I have a Harrell's with settings to start at from another forum post results which will hopefully speed up tuning.
IMG_7598.jpg

He sent 2 pictures, one with the barreled action mounted on a chassis and it looks like it is on a concrete floor so I'm guessing it was an indoor range. I can always text him to verify. Yes, I verified that it was 50 yds and he shot it after completing chambering and barreling the action. He shoots a Vudoo and barreled and chambered the rifle that Chris Simmons won the national NRL championship with in May 2021. He also does Rimx prefits for Bison Tactical and 40x repeater conversions. Great guy and talented gunsmith. Anxious to see what this will do when I stick on the Harrell's.

Yeah depends on your likes. I will be getting another soon and it will be a 90 degree Gen 2 as all my rifles are 90 degree.

Reactions: tacops1
Need help with trigger pin problem.
Just got my barreled action back from Jelrod. The one with the test target and went to install my TriggerTech Diamond trigger. There is no way I can get the pins in. I even pulled a pin from mu Rimx to check the fit and the pins measured .1250"" and went in and out, nice snug fit. Trying then in the Vudoo it appears the holes are just too small. I read somewhere another poster found some ..1245" pins. Any ideas? I have some drill bits and they measure .1250. Thinking I can try to polish one down or hand ream the hole though I really don't want.

Just got my barreled action back from Jelrod. The one with the test target and went to install my TriggerTech Diamond trigger. There is no way I can get the pins in. I even pulled a pin from mu Rimx to check the fit and the pins measured .1250"" and went in and out, nice snug fit. Trying then in the Vudoo it appears the holes are just too small. I read somewhere another poster found some ..1245" pins. Any ideas? I have some drill bits and they measure .1250. Thinking I can try to polish one down or hand ream the hole though I really don't want.
BFH, they go in damn tight but they go in…

Reactions: plong and littlepod

They are SO tight... and my hammer wasn't big enough. I did a heck of a job trying to get my trigger in... doing it a few times though loosens it up but it was a pain. I'm not taking the trigger out ...

My next Vudoo I'm sending Jelrod my trigger to do it.

He had an undersize pin to test. I'm going to try to "slim" it down 1/2 at a time with emery cloth or stone in a drill chuck. I also have some 1/8" drill bits, .1250" I can play with. I one to start but do not want to beat like that with the trigger in. Definitely send Jonathan the trigger. My other idea is to try to hone down a drill bit to get in the holes and clean them. I'm guessing the hole was drilled at .11250" and the ceracote is the problem. Rimx fit was perfect and pulling a pin it is .1250"
More than one way to skin a cat. I have one of those Chinese Ebay drill bit collections from years ago with a dozen or so each size. The 1/8 measures .1250 on the nose. !0 seconds in the drill press and a wet stone, now 1.245 and nice snug fit. I may try to do the pins, but these will work fine after Dremel cutoff and end smoothing. I still don't understand why they come undersized. Just a heads up for others getting acitiions done. There is viceo showing trigger change but that is with an action that already has the pins fitted.

Couldn't get the bolt to close. Didn't realize I needed to move the stop since up til now just shooting the Rimx.. Thankfully, a quick text to JElrod and he got me straightened out. Chambered an Eley and the unfired round ejected. I wasn't sure it would since the Ultimate reamer is so tight.

Attachments

• 20220604_132613.jpg
    20220604_132613.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
TRIGGER TECH IS THE BEST
I have to give a big shout out to TriggerTech and Trent. I got an email response today, yes Sunday indicating that they don't supply trigger pins so i guess they came with the action which if so is surprising that at some point weren't checked. I should hear back from Vudoo this week. I mentioned to Trent that the safety wasn't operating properly. He recommended I check the chassis. Pulled the barreled action, worked as is should. Looks like I need to remove some material from the chassis, MPA HS3.
I had had safety binding/freezing problems with a previous trigger that they quickly replaced, after like over a year and indicated that they have replaced the safety ball bearings with rollers to solve the issue. Great company, great trigger!

TRIGGER TECH IS THE BEST
I have to give a big shout out to TriggerTech and Trent. I got an email response today, yes Sunday indicating that they don't supply trigger pins so i guess they came with the action which if so is surprising that at some point weren't checked. I should hear back from Vudoo this week. I mentioned to Trent that the safety wasn't operating properly. He recommended I check the chassis. Pulled the barreled action, worked as is should. Looks like I need to remove some material from the chassis, MPA HS3.
I had had safety binding/freezing problems with a previous trigger that they quickly replaced, after like over a year and indicated that they have replaced the safety ball bearings with rollers to solve the issue. Great company, great trigger!
I don't think any of my after market triggers came with pins, you reuse the ones that the action comes with.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
You're right. I was just reaching out. I was just surprised that pins provided wouldn't fit the action. I did some serious hammering, got in a little bit but decided there was no way I wanted to hammer like that with the trigger in place. Triggertech directions say, "gently tap", which was all I had to do when I put the pins in the Rimx. I even pulled one in hopes it was smaller, but it also measured .1250. After honing the 1/8", .1250" drill bit to .1245" the fit was snug,.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Wait, did you reuse the pins that came with the action originally, or did I assume that by mistake? If you reused the pins, do they go back in the action ok, then get hard to "tap in" when they got to the trigger housing?

The pins that would not go in were the ones supplied with the action which I sent to my gunsmith for barreling. I did not send them with the action. They had never been installed. Jelrod said he used some undersized pins from a Remington 700 to use his trigger for test firing. The pins I ended up ;using, I fabrdicated from 1/8" .1250" drill bits that I honed to 1.245".

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowpokey
90% water!?

All I've ever used in my vudoo has been rimfire blend. Used on all my other 22's as well.

I did have some really stubborn funk in the throat area in the vudoo and after a couple cleaning sessions it wasn't giving up. I put a rubber plug in the breach and pulled the bolt up against it with a rubber band. Left itvstand three days and patched it out. Borescoped it and honestly it looked like it had never been fired.

Reactions: XP1K
That's funny. If the other three ingredients minimums add up to 20.5%, then the water content can only be a max of 79.5. But still that's a lot of water to pay a premium for.

While it's relatively easy to do a pre-fit for the Rim-X, it's not so simple for an action like the Vudoo where extractor slots complicate the timing/indexing of the bbl to an action. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I've personally tried to use a take-off factory Vudoo bbl in another V22 repeater, and the extractor grooves didn't index correctly. If Vudoo can't make their barrels interchangeable, I doubt anyone else is going to be able to swing it with 100% success in every action out there. That's not a knock on Vudoo, just what I've seen in one case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Williwaw
I wish I could get a barrel for my Vudoo to shoot cheaper bulk ammo. Mine will not reliably chamber CCI even. With recent shortages, it would be nice to at least have the option to put another barrel on, even if it wasn't as accurate as my original.

I wish I could get a barrel for my Vudoo to shoot cheaper bulk ammo. Mine will not reliably chamber CCI even. With recent shortages, it would be nice to at least have the option to put another barrel on, even if it wasn't as accurate as my original.
Just because you can't order a prefit doesn't mean you can't send the action off and get a barrel spun old school.

I just got my Vudoo barreled action back from JElrod, Modacam. He does prefits for Rimx, but needed the action for the reasons mentioned. I had him chamber with an Eley Ultimate reamer which is very tight and still allows me to chamber CCI Std. Just to make sure, I chambered a CCI, it took a little more push to close the bolt, wouldn't extract the fired case, but did eject the fired hull. There are a number of "match" chambers out there that shoot extremely well and are "friendlier" with less costly ammo. Jonathan uses a modified version of the JGS Match reamer set to engrave an amount he has found best, on his personal Vudoo and the one he chambered for Cnris Simmons when he won the 2021 NRL Championship. I shot this chamber and it "ate" everything I had. He is very familiar with the Vudoo concept since he also works on and converts 40x actions which I believe was the inspiration for the Vudoo action. Between my Vudoo and a Rimx, he has done 4 barrels for me and I am totally pleased with his work. He is also great to work and communicate with.

Post corrected r.e. Jelrod's reamer.

Last edited:
Just to clarify something said in the above post, the chamber I’m currently using most is not a JGS Match. Although based on it, it is different in almost all dimensions. I’ve only ever chambered a few rifles with a standard JGS match reamer. There are reasons I prefer different.

Carry on……

Reactions: littlepod
Just to clarify something said in the above post, the chamber I’m currently using most is not a JGS Match. Although based on it, it is different in almost all dimensions. I’ve only ever chambered a few rifles with a standard JGS match reamer. There are reasons I prefer different.

Carry on……

Okay that's good to know! I was like... Jelrod's magic can't just be a plain ol JGS Match, he's going to have some sort of special sauce in there :)

I haven't...but I've heard (read) people have changed springs to get a heavier firing pin strike to solve that issue. It's probably somewhere in this thread, but might be a challenge to find. I'm sure someone with real experience will be along shortly to give you better advice.
I think Vudoo uses a firing pin with a different profile now. I sent my gun in for something else, and they told me that they changed the pin, although I had no problems with Eley or anything else. Contact them.

I would think if he is familiar with 22 that would be no problem and you would be able to decide on a chamber of your choice. I'm very happy with the results my gunsmith on the action I ordered from Vudoo.

What do the 2 have to do with eachother?
Some chassis or stock systems are harder to get set up correctly so the rounds feed reliably since 22lr is less forgiving. If I could just send it to Vudoo and have them do it so it all fits right I'd probably do it but not sure if I feel like doing all the trial and error on my own.

I have an older MDT HS3 chassis, mounted the Vudoo my gunsmith barreled and it functions flawlessly. You might contact Jelrod at Modacam for his thoughts. He test fired my system after barreling it. He sent me a picture and it showed a chassis system being used. I have no idea which one it was.

Some chassis or stock systems are harder to get set up correctly so the rounds feed reliably since 22lr is less forgiving. If I could just send it to Vudoo and have them do it so it all fits right I'd probably do it but not sure if I feel like doing all the trial and error on my own.
The krg systems are super easy to adjust and make work. Anyone having issues just honestly hasn't set anything up properly. I have a whiskey 3 and have adjusted it perfect and have zero issues

Reactions: Trung Si Ma