• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Which reticle for NXS compact with .mil turrets

AJB

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2007
South Florida
I have decided to go with a compact NXS for my SPR Build. My experience and proficiency with optics is limited. I have been using a MK4 with 168gr BDC turrets. I have been reading on here about the .1 mil turrets and am deciding to give it a shot.

I am torn between the NP-R2 and Mildot reticles. Which one would have the advantage while using the .mil turrets? Or is it just personal preference?

Re: Which reticle for NXS compact with .mil turrets

MLR with mil turrets (new MLR2 reticle announced at shot), NPR1 with MOA. It is critical you match your turrets to your reticle.

no MLR on the 2.5-10 as far as I know as of right now. alot of new things are around the corner for NF. and one of the reasons I have not bought a 2.5-10 yet is because of the limited reticle choices.

But since you asked mildot as the NPR was designed around the MOA system

With the compact NXS, you're only choice is going to be the mildot reticle. Don't let that turn you off though. Nightforce's version of the mildot reticle is a bit unique in that the dots are not solid, so it doesn't seem to be as cluttered.