• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vectronix Terrapin... just got mine!

hoguer

The Dude
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Central Valley, CA
just received my Terrapin from PRG today. it was should yesterday @215pm and arrived at my house in CA this morning @915. talk about fast! first impression is it is about the same dimensions as my Leica 1200 but is a bit thicker. I like the reticle, and the eye piece is fairly comfortable. it took about 5 seconds to change it to yards from meters. it does take slightly longer for it to receive distances than the Leica. glass quality is good, at 5x it is hard to review glass, but it seems very clear. I threw it on my tripod and took it out for a very short test run and WOW. today was probably perfect conditions, as it was slightly overcast and about 60 degrees so no mirage. I was able to range a wood telephone pole at 1911 yards, a large home at 4813 yards, a black cow at 2334 and a white water tank that was approx 8 feet tall at 3284. freaking amazing. I think I'm in love!

Re: Vectronics Terrapin... just got mine!

You firefighters have all the cool toys!
wink.gif

I also ordered a Terrapin PLRF 05 yesterday morning from Alina and it arrived at 1130 am this morning. This thing rocks, mine ranged the tip of a pine tree 2000 yards every time from the front porch.

Congrats! I love my Vectronix (diff model)..a love my wife does not seem to share or understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You firefighters have all the cool toys!
wink.gif
</div></div>

I'm just a poor paramedic now. I had to sell a kidney for this thing! (actually a uso SN3)