• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup Donation Rifle

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    I've wanted to build a gun for the Hide Cup for some time. Finally decided this was the year to do it as we'll be going down to Douglas, WY next week for a couple days to deliver the rifle personally.

I started with a stocker M700 receiver.

Fully Accurized
    Timed/Tig'd bolt using a straight PTG handle.
    LRI Pinned recoil lug

Barrel is a Bartlein M24 stubbed down to 20" with a 5/8-24 threaded muzzle. Chambered in 308 Winchester.

Stock is a McMillan A-5 with their adjustable hardware. In a perfect world I'd of installed our new hardware, but time constraints demanded the path of least resistance on this one.

It's been fitted with our in house developed surfaced inlet/pillar bedding process.

David Kiff from PTG donated the stealth floor metal. I'd written code for this shortly after they came available and it dropped right in after a 15 minute inlet. Nice when stuff works.

The "fun" was with the barrel. I wanted to showcase this gun for what it is; a prize. So, I got jiggy with the computer mouse and the engraving tools. Frank (Lowlight) sure seems to like it.

Cool stuff.

We'll post up more pics as the paint gets applied.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

C.

Fitting and mock up:

That's some damn fine looking work on the Hide logo!

Great looking rifle! Awesome on the engraving! Brian and Scott from the shop will be at the SH Cup! If they win the rifle for some reason tell them that they are suppose to give it to me!

Na they can keep it! I'm left handed! Oh well! Nice thought!

Later, Frank
    Bartlein Barrels

Why are things like this even posted.....all they ever make me want to do is spend even more money!!! In all seriousness I think that is by far the sexiest rifle I have seen in quite a while! If you don't mind my asking what are the colors on the stock? It looks sorta like burnt bronze on all the metal?

Why are things like this even posted.....all they ever make me want to do is spend even more money!!! In all seriousness I think that is by far the sexiest rifle I have seen in quite a while! If you don't mind my asking what are the colors on the stock? It looks sorta like burnt bronze on all the metal?

Burnt bronze on the metal stuff and the stock paint is our in house design (holographic) in the "badlands" theme.

Hopefully the new owner will dig it also!

C.

Holy shit that is bad ass.... That SH logo friggin rocks & the "Badlands" pattern is my new LRI favorite :D Well done-

t

Just to sweeten the deal a bit:

I met with Pete Pi Jr. from Cor-Bon Ammunition this morning. "Repete" (HA!) offered to accuracy test and work up a sample of his custom ammo service for us. It's at the Cor-Bon facility right now being worked over. They are doing the accuracy testing as well so we'll have a completely unbiased evaluation upon completion. Lets hope it runs the numbers!

SO! The owner of this biche not only gets a new gun that's basically turn key, he/she also will receive a quantity of custom tailored ammuntion for it as well.

Now THAT'S Bad ass!

My only regret is that we didn't get this locked down sooner. I'd of engraved the Cor Bon logo on the barrel as well. Dern it!

Cool stuff!

C.

Chad could engrave the bottom of the mag....just a thought. Pretty generous by all involved regardless. Good on you guys.

One of the most beautiful rifles I've seen. Your work is amazing. The rifle would look good mounted in a trophy case..although that would be a certain waste.

Damn, not that I'd stand a chance but makes me wish I could make it to the Cup this year. Nice work!

What would be the final cost for something like this......minus the engraving. Wouldn't mind ordering something similar. Thanks

I met Chad on Thursday and had the opportunity to get a "tour" of this rifle, dry fire it, and quite possibly shed a little tear on the fine camo pattern. I can assure you this stick is more badass than even these pics show. The bolt cycled like butter, and I swear the trigger broke just by thinking about it. Not that it was a feather, but light,crisp, and decidedly clean.

The match rifle was nice for sure but the. Engraving is what really made it unique. Chad did an excellent job with the engraving as well as the paint scheme.

longrifleshc.jpg

Here it is on the table, really worthy prize rifle... the engraving made it unique.

The Top Guys always get the best stuff and then they turn around and sell it. This really disappoints the sponsors, but giving the Top Shooter a rifle of this caliber they are less likely to sell it, and I know George who won the match likes to collect the SH Rifles so it's a great addition to his collection. Imagine him winning something like the Surgeon, that he would probably never use... instead the guys who won all the rifles at the match actually appreciated them. The Sponsored shooters usually score highest and need the equipment the least of all the shooters out there so in my mind this was a perfect Top Gun and I want to Thanks Chad for the awesome work on it.

Were already working on next years piece.

-which gave me an idea.

FRANK! What if. . .

. . .S/H did a sort of "biker build off" to allow gunmakers the ability to "compete" for the top prize donation slot(s)?

To my knowledge, nothing like that has ever been done.

Could be cool. . .

Just a thought.

C.

PS. Thanks again everyone for the support!

That engraving is insane! Looks cool! I'm sure George will put it to good use.

Maybe Chad should do the next SH group build? :confused:

That engraving is insane! Looks cool! I'm sure George will put it to good use.

Maybe Chad should do the next SH group build? :confused:

I'd vote for that! He built me the tac 260 that ran for two years in the threads here and we're now contemplating a twin in .338LM. I think he'd be a great choice for a SH group build.

Doc