• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

0range tactical vest

canuck4570

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Ile Bizard near Montreal
just bought a TAB biathlon sling
would like to know if it exist and if yes where can I purchase a orange tactical vest for hunting
so I could carry my rifle and all my stuff in front with this vest permitting to carry my rifle on my back
thank you...

Re: 0range tactical vest

I believe Blackhawk makes their vests in blaze orange at least they did. Check Blackhawk out maybe their EOD vest that's what my team used before we went to Molle on our body armor. It has pouches for gear as well as the M16 mag pouches on the left side

A custom one would be easy to build but if you google "blaze orange tactical vest" they are available to purchase.

Have lurked but cannot help doing the wolf yelp and inviting as many as I can to view the desire for a tactical orange vest.

I would be happy to build a sniper/hunting vest in orange. Just contact me with what you want.

I have a few ideas....how about a fold out data card ammo holder, survival kit pocket, optics pouch, fist aid pouch, etc.

1000D looks good in orange.

There are blaze orange interceptor outer shell, I haven't seen any for sale though.

I'll play along and ask... if you get a orange vest and then cover it with pouches, are you still going to qualify as having enough square inches of orange on for your hunting regs? Gonna need some orange pouches. Does anyone know where I can find a blaze orange knife sheath that will hold my Rambo survival knife inverted over my left tit?

I assume it doesn't get very cold in Montreal, such that you'd want to wear a jacket or anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'ll play along and ask... if you get a orange vest and then cover it with pouches, are you still going to qualify as having enough square inches of orange on for your hunting regs? Gonna need some orange pouches. </div></div>

http://www.ihea.com/hunter-education/hunter-orange-requirements.php

lists hunter orange requirements for states (doh)...looks like your from montreal, aren't the regs like 400sq inches?

thats like a cap and half of a vest...shouldn't be hard even with mollo pouches all over it.

I have been looking for an orange tactical type vest for long range hunting as well. As cool as the Green and camo vests look, they don't comply with the hunting regs in Colorado.

My wishlist is:

1. Ideally it would have a clever design of pockets or some sort of modular system for a range finder, GPS, portable weather station, iPhone with ballistics software, spare clip, ammo, etc.

2. I usually hunt with a revolver and a cross draw holster would be nice like the one on the http://www.nightgalaxy.com/blackhawk-omega-elite-vest-cross-draw-pistol-mag.html . I find carrying a revolver is very useful if something runs out in front of you at close range and you don't have time to get your rifle on it in time.

3. I need a blaze orange version of the vest. It seems I must be living in the only State that requires a lot of orange! (ever try to find a good hunting back pack made in blaze orange as opposed to camo?)

4. Durable and lightweight, repels water.

Anyhow, my search continues. The closest thing that I have found that ticks some of the boxes is the Primos Gunhunters Vest - https://shop.primos.com/pc-933-87-gunhunters-vest.aspx but in the end I just got a cheap hunting Brownell hunting vest until I see something better.

Found this custom vest which can be had in orange - http://www.gungear.com/ez-catalog/X300536/7

The pictures on the site are not very clear, so before splurging out $169, I would want to see some bigger pictures. The handgun pouch is on the inside which makes it harder to get to if you are needing to take a quick shot... but if the pockets are intelligently designed, this just might fit some people's needs.