• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

10/22 Project

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
I finally got my 10/22 project done. It started out as a basic 10/22. I installed a Shilen 22" varmint contour barrel, added a Volquartsen trigger group, and a Revolution stock. The scope is a Hawke Optics MAP8 scope, w/ the MAP8 reticle. The Hawke Optics site can explain the scope better than I can so I copied & pasted from their description. "This reticle features four hold -over and two hold under aim points. It also allows exact measurement of windage, having two aim-points either side of the zero cross. Primarily designed for (.22) rim fire subsonic ammunition, the MAP 8 (Multiple Aim Point) reticle allows the shooter to zero at 75yds. Then, whilst on 8x magnification, the remaining aim points have all been calculated at 25yd intervals right out to 225yds." I have only tried it on this rifle out to 50 yds. as that is all the distance here. So I lined it up using the 50 yd.mark. When I did have it on another rifle all marks out to 100 yds were on the mark. I didn't have the opportuniy to try it any further then.
Anyways, here are it's pics, and a pic of the target that I tried some different ammo brands on.
1022.jpg

1022a.jpg

1022b.jpg

map_main.gif

Re: 10/22 Project

I have a Revolution in walnut and realy like it. Looks like a good shooter you built.

The fact it shoots all 4 of those loads very well is a good sign. Many times 22's are really really picky on ammo. Don't be afraid to try the cheap ammo either, sometimes they love the cheap stuff too. The american eagle and federal automatch are a couple that come to mind I've had good luck with. Overall though the wolf/sk ammo seems to shoot well in everything I try it in.

Thanks guys. I have some Federal automatch but didn't try it. Have to dig it out first. I did try CCI subsonic also but it didn't like it at all. It would either misfire or wouldn't chamber.

I really like that stock.

Might want to give Federal 510's a try for good bulk ammo.

Keith