• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000 Yard Setup

If I remember right, the Savage 12 Long Range Precision was what was posted. Here is a link

Savage Arms

Looks to have a pretty bull barrel to me, haha.

I'm talking about this guy.

Savage Model 10 Predator Hunter Max 1 Bolt Action Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor 24" Barrel 4 Rounds AccuTrigger Realtree Max-1 Camo AccuStock Matte Black Finish 19129

The 12 LRP doesn't have a barrel so much as a truck axle. I'm debating between the two and hoping someone on this forum gives away his custom 700.

Ok, I never knew that was a problem. I will take that into consideration.

Keep in mind though, the 700 is popular for a reason. But, being a machinist, I want stuff to be made right, and the tikka is, in my opinion. I personally feel like it is the best bolt gun for the money.

mnhunter,

6.5-7mm calibers will offer the best ballistic performance at longe range. 260 is just a 308 necked down accept 6.5mm bullets and is far superior to the 308 due to its long, aerodynamic shape and low recoil. Read this article:

The Case for .260 Remington: A Better Cartridge For Practical Long-Range Shooting

The Remington 700 is the most popular, economic choice for a custom rifle build. I have built 2 sub .50 MOA custom 700 rifle's for $1500-1600 (7mm Rem Mag & 260). All you need is an old 700 SA rifle, barrel of your choice from Douglas barrels - this is an excellent barrel manufacturer that is often overlooked and dismissed as sub par but their barrels flat out shoot and their prices are unbeatable - a good stock (hs precision or bell & Carlson w/ full length aluminum bedding block work fine), and a good gunsmith to blueprint your action, attach & headspace your barrel, bed/float the action, and work on the trigger if it needs it.

Shopping for used part and good deals helps too. If you would like a detailed cost breakdown sheet of my builds PM w/ your email address and I'd be happy to help you out.

mnhunter,

6.5-7mm calibers will offer the best ballistic performance at longe range. 260 is just a 308 necked down accept 6.5mm bullets and is far superior to the 308 due to its long, aerodynamic shape and low recoil. Read this article:

The Case for .260 Remington: A Better Cartridge For Practical Long-Range Shooting

The Remington 700 is the most popular, economic choice for a custom rifle build. I have built 2 sub .50 MOA custom 700 rifle's for $1500-1600 (7mm Rem Mag & 260). All you need is an old 700 SA rifle, barrel of your choice from Douglas barrels - this is an excellent barrel manufacturer that is often overlooked and dismissed as sub par but their barrels flat out shoot and their prices are unbeatable - a good stock (hs precision or bell & Carlson w/ full length aluminum bedding block work fine), and a good gunsmith to blueprint your action, attach & headspace your barrel, bed/float the action, and work on the trigger if it needs it.

Shopping for used part and good deals helps too. If you would like a detailed cost breakdown sheet of my builds PM w/ your email address and I'd be happy to help you out.

The sako TRG is a nice rifle and europtics is getting a run of 6.5x47 Lapua, 260rem and 6.5CM made out from APA. Also give the tikka T3 a look.