• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Re: SemiAuto, 6 groups, 5shot each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

so, what rings would you rock if you had the EOP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone3380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the rail milled into the reciever has to be foolproof. I'd like to put a Magpul PRS on mine but I don't want to change the rings out. Mine is set up pretty good right now with the ACE. I like the cheek weld on the foam. Just never happy, guess it's the grass is always greener thing. </div></div>

I have Warne on everything, except a couple sets of Nightforce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rbhoover, nice rifles! I really like that brake. May I ask what it is? Also, whats that thing-a-ma-jig behind it?
</div></div>

Its a Ops-Inc 12th Model Brake which is the standard for the Mk12 Mod0 and Mod1 rifles. I have a KAC Flip-Up Front sight on the front of the rail that works in conjunction with the KAC 2-600m Rear Sight.

I have it sighted in with the iron sights and its actually pretty fun to shoot that way!</div></div>

Ah, thanks! The "thing-a-ma-jig" I was referring to was the collar. Are you running a suppressor on these?

run your new LMT also! cansniper and myself can use all the help we can get!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm going again Thursday, will try a couple of things.
</div></div>

Re: The AR, 6 groups, 5shots each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

I can't wait to try this! I have a bunch of reloading to do and a shoot on the 8th. I'll get my POF 308 20" out and put it to the test after that.

you know what Line-Of-Departure, I'm sure if you bust out your other "rifle" on this test all will be forgotten. I'm not going to ruin it for everyone else, but it would be BEYOND AWESOME if you do run the test! I might even give you the crown for a day just for effort even if the group size is 3" plus!! We might need some video also! I don't think pics would do much justice. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill be dammed. Someone mentions my name without fear in their target.....YOU SOB's that are knocking my GAP-10 off the leader list have it coming..Your ass is grass and I'm the lawn mower!!! just wait till i get back from down under..
mad.gif
grin.gif

Barrel heat was my issue, i shot all six groups of mine from cold bore to finish in about 5 mins.. I should have let it cool and all that stuff, but when i get behind my gun something inside me says, you cant stop pulling the trigger!!!

Good shooting guys, glad to see everyone being a sport!

ILL get my group vengeance! just wait and see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice work boone3380! welcome to the leader boards!

great job and i'm sure you will get an ear full from "line-of-departure". Man alive, you are even kicking me down a notch on average. I need to get my $hit together!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone3380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's another one.
RRA Varmint A4 24"
26gr RL-15 55gr NBT Win Brass
Shot 9/24/12 .730AVG .403 smallest

The target in the background, not the bow target. Shot from bench, with bipod and rear bag. </div></div> </div></div> </div></div>

Elf,
No need to worry when i return from the outback i will do this op as we discussed. No need to worry.. It will happen. I have about a week or so left here in Barrow Island then ill be headed back to Home. So expect those results in approx 2 weeks.. If all goes well.

LOL, ohhhhh snap! that was a fast as hell reply!!! LOL, now i'm worried. Ol L-O-D is pissed now!! ROTFLMAO! Everyone take cover!! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elf,
No need to worry when i return from the outback i will do this op as we discussed. No need to worry.. It will happen. I have about a week or so left here in Barrow Island then ill be headed back to Home. So expect those results in approx 2 weeks.. If all goes well. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, one of the biggest monkeys on your back during this test is barrel heat. Your group size will go all to hell if you don't let your barrel cool down between groups especially if you are not using a bull barrel. I would say 5min min between groups if not more. </div></div>

You are correct elfster another benefit that some of us have we are shooting smaller cartridges so when can get 5 shots down rage without much heat in the barrel. Look at most LR rifles and all BR rifles use a heavy contour barrel. The downsides to them is the weight of course and while they take awhile to heat up the take longer to cool also.

I will say when shooting for this comp try and put it out of your mind that it is a shootout and try to think its just any old day at the range.

Also disregard that last pm I sent the other day!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rbhoover, nice rifles! I really like that brake. May I ask what it is? Also, whats that thing-a-ma-jig behind it?
</div></div>

Its a Ops-Inc 12th Model Brake which is the standard for the Mk12 Mod0 and Mod1 rifles. I have a KAC Flip-Up Front sight on the front of the rail that works in conjunction with the KAC 2-600m Rear Sight.

I have it sighted in with the iron sights and its actually pretty fun to shoot that way!</div></div>

Ah, thanks! The "thing-a-ma-jig" I was referring to was the collar. Are you running a suppressor on these? </div></div>

They are setup to run a Ops-Inc 12th model can however they are not currently legal in Iowa... so I am impatiently waiting for them to be legalized!

Is this an ongoing thing or is there a cutoff date?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GotGoodGroups</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How long may one take in between shots? Is this open to both AR10's and AR15's?
</div></div>

As long as you need. Just needs to be done in 24hr time frame. And yes any Semiauto action is allowed.

READ the RULES as there is some things tied to this!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this an ongoing thing or is there a cutoff date? </div></div>

So far it's just ongoing. I don't think he plans to add a cutoff to it.

what dmpowder said. all info is in the original post rules. so far, there is no cut off date set.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GotGoodGroups</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How long may one take in between shots? Is this open to both AR10's and AR15's?
</div></div>

As long as you need. Just needs to be done in 24hr time frame. And yes any Semiauto action is allowed.

READ the RULES as there is some things tied to this!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this an ongoing thing or is there a cutoff date? </div></div>

So far it's just ongoing. I don't think he plans to add a cutoff to it. </div></div>

Can you imagine what the groups would look like if we were all using AK variants.

Some stamped Chinese POS.

Now that would be fucking hysterical.

any semi-auto is welcome to post an entry regardless of group size or rifle used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you imagine what the groups would look like if we were all using AK variants.

Some stamped Chinese POS.

Now that would be fucking hysterical. </div></div>

finally got my nikon m-223 3-12 scope back for my rock river arms... might go this sat or sunday and will run both my LMT and RRA. looking forward to it. hopefully i get some nice results. I just purchased a box of amax 168's for the LMT and will be reloading friday night.....my LMT loves it's hornady amax 168's,,, more than smk's....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJimJam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Throwing my hat in the ring on this one. Have a new build that's almost done. Decent collection of parts type frankengun, built for speed and 3gun, with a light profile barrel, not for accuracy per-say. Not much in the line of ammo, going to go at it with east block 55g first and see how it goes.

Want to say, congratulations for shaking things up over at the that other forum. So many ready to say their 10.5 whatever shoots 1/2 all day long. Or, shorter barrels are more accurate than long barrels, stuff like that, and it was amazing how fast, first the quiet set in, second how fast your post was locked.

I have always liked DPMS, and so many DPMS haters, good grief! Very happy to see one on top even though that is not what I shoot.

I will get to a range just as quick as I can. Still have to: torque the barrel, mate the receiver ramps with the extension, sight in the cheap scope, then shoot some break-in stuff. But I will be posting with this no matter the result I have. Talk is cheap, and so am I, but not to cheap to give this a try!
cool.gif

Best to all,
Tar </div></div>

Yes this is a great thread and a great challenge. It certainly does eliminate the talkers. I believe that everyone here is presenting very honest results also.

I would love to see the equivalent challenge on the bolt side also.

First I'll start with my excuses why I didn't shoot better. I didn't have enough time to shot at my usual spot and had some wind an mirage to deal with. The wind was enough to move my flimsy PVC target stands and it was my first time shooting off the Versapod (which sucks btw). I had taken my scope out of the rings so after getting it sighted in I only had time to shoot one target and decided to use the time to test a couple loads as well as MK262 Mod0. All shooting was done prone with the bipod and nothing else. I may switch back to the Harris for the next trip, the Versapod isn't very stable and is a little higher than I like. I'm excited to get back out and give it anther go with more time and maybe a rear bag.

All targets were shot 9/20/12 top to bottom left to right. I shot each group without coming off the gun and only took enough time between groups to reload.
5E7A9732-4B18-43DD-AAF9-DEAD7691C033-981-0000009BBC2F89E5.jpg

First group:
66F46FA7-C295-42DB-BAD8-68DA6D339D77-936-00000099AAE11001.jpg

Second group:
92A4B4EF-DD55-4F02-97AA-A60BEF9170D9-936-00000099C87ACBFF.jpg

Third group: I pulled the second shot badly and got frustrated as you can see.
BDA8F1FA-24C0-4BB4-B482-25E35A0138E9-936-0000009A16ECA4E1.jpg

Fourth group:
C6FD871C-5AF5-419E-BAB4-76EBCE89CB15-936-0000009A4A1327E4.jpg

Fifth group:
39EBCB25-DBCE-4D55-8B90-653161D90395-936-0000009A633A9B34.jpg

Sixth group:
26167198-0945-4845-BEA6-B57D7E6F37CD-981-0000009B734FABD9.jpg

Total avg group 1.625". 3 of the 6 were sub MOA, i feel like with more time and more ammo I'lll be able to join the sub MOA all day group.

One more pic of the rifle used.
65F86B0C-E968-4604-8DDF-1321669B99F4-936-00000095A7736230.jpg

Nice shooting, its good to see another Mk12 in the mix!

very good job and nice looking rifle. I'm looking forward to your next results... rear sand bag is an almost must have for this test. Kick ass rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VegasKyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First I'll start with my excuses why I didn't shoot better. I didn't have enough time to shot at my usual spot and had some wind an mirage to deal with. The wind was enough to move my flimsy PVC target stands and it was my first time shooting off the Versapod (which sucks btw). I had taken my scope out of the rings so after getting it sighted in I only had time to shoot one target and decided to use the time to test a couple loads as well as MK262 Mod0. All shooting was done prone with the bipod and nothing else. I may switch back to the Harris for the next trip, the Versapod isn't very stable and is a little higher than I like. I'm excited to get back out and give it anther go with more time and maybe a rear bag.

All targets were shot 9/20/12 top to bottom left to right. I shot each group without coming off the gun and only took enough time between groups to reload.

Total avg group 1.625". 3 of the 6 were sub MOA, i feel like with more time and more ammo I'lll be able to join the sub MOA all day group.
</div></div>

supose i should bust out my RRA 9mm carbine? this shit is geting serious... some tight avg's on the leader board. I need a break from work and some range time.

Well everyone. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #990000">Just an update.</span></span></span> It has been well over one month since the start of this thread, AND 1 month since the start of the .5moa crown with yet no king:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #CC6600">GRAND PRIZE... This person shoots .5" @ 100yrds all day long board (started 08/27/12)!!!</span></span></span>
- none so far, could be your name here!!! see rule#15 ! Where the hell are these guys that say they do .5" all day long? They must be late for the party..??..?? </div></div>

This thread is not even close to being over yet and I'll try my best to keep this thread rolling as long as possible. It is not a matter of if, but a matter of when someone is able to shoot for the .5moa title crown.

<span style="color: #996633"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Just a couple questions I would like to get your thoughts on by the outcome of the original post so far (there is no right or wrong answer, your opinion counts, please be respectful to other comments... THIS IS NOT A BITCH FEST). If you would like to answer, then feel free to answer as numbered below:</span></span></span>

1.) is it safe to say in order to come close or getting .5moa all day long you need a bull barrel? the longer the bull barrel the better obviously or not? what do you think? or is this not important to getting the "esteemed .5moa title crown" that everyone talks about so much? This is NOT about what you like, but about getting a true .5moa all day long rifle if there is such a thing....

2.) if so, then is having a bull barrel more important than rifle brand IF all you were after was totally accuracy (yes yes we know, grab your rifle run thru the woods, run and gun, it is not the question)??? <span style="text-decoration: underline">IF you were to go for JUST max accuracy, would you pick a lower priced rifle with a bull barrel, or a better "brand name" with just a heavy barrel / light barrel if you could only pick one of the two questions listed? </span>

3.) what do you think is the most accurate cartridge so far with your past experience and the outcome of this thread so far?

4.) what do you think is more important in terms of ".5moa all day long" type accuracy if you could only pick one after participating / reading this thread?? ..... the shooter or the rifle?

5.) what are your general thoughts so far with the outcome of this thread to date?

My 2 cents...

A bull barrel definitely helps. They are more rigid and heat up slower. A true match grade, stainless barrel is the heart of an accurate AR. Some would argue cut rifling is superior to button rifling and definitely better than hammer forged.

Not sure about length though. Shorter barrels will have less harmonics. The ultimate may be a shorter, quality bull barrel with a mid or rifle length gas port. What you give up in velocity you could gain in accuracy.

Don't forget the importance of a quality trigger.

Okay, so you asked how many people are trying this and not posting, so I figured I would step up. I shot these today and they were humbling. Oh, I could make excuses all day, but this is what I shot:

Target 1:
<span style="font-weight: bold">1.19 AVG</span>
tgt1_1.jpg

best group:
tgt1_2.jpg

Second target (actually shot first, but got out of order when taking pictures):
<span style="font-weight: bold">1.18 AVG</span>
tgt2_1.jpg

best group:
tgt2_2.jpg

(used the 'zero on .224' trick for groups)

And the rifle:
KA upper, SS 5-20 scope, no-name lower. Shot bipod off bench, as I forgot my rear bag.
tgt_rfle.jpg

Ammo was SouthWest Ammunitions 223 "Run N Gun".

Nowhere to go but up, I guess...

P.S. Wish I had checked the boards before I went out today. Could have taken the 10/22 and been first for a little while.

thanks sespe! these are actually really really good groups and something to be really proud of, and the rifle is bad ass. Nice to see someone walking the walk and stepping up to the plate. Looking forward to your next set of results and quick run that 10/22 out the back window of your house!!! Hehehe. Good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sespe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, so you asked how many people are trying this and not posting, so I figured I would step up. I shot these today and they were humbling. Oh, I could make excuses all day, but this is what I shot:

Target 1:
<span style="font-weight: bold">1.19 AVG</span>

Second target (actually shot first, but got out of order when taking pictures):
<span style="font-weight: bold">1.18 AVG</span>
(used the 'zero on .224' trick for groups)

And the rifle:
KA upper, SS 5-20 scope, no-name lower. Shot bipod off bench, as I forgot my rear bag.

Ammo was SouthWest Ammunitions 223 "Run N Gun".

Nowhere to go but up, I guess...

P.S. Wish I had checked the boards before I went out today. Could have taken the 10/22 and been first for a little while.
</div></div>

also, rather amazing how your two entry averages are damn near the same! looking good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well everyone. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #990000">Just an update.</span></span></span> It has been well over one month since the start of this thread, AND 1 month since the start of the .5moa crown with yet no king:</div></div>

I will be back at it after the weekend! Got to go coyote calling!!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1.) is it safe to say in order to come close or getting .5moa all day long you need a bull barrel? the longer the bull barrel the better obviously or not? what do you think? or is this not important to getting the "esteemed .5moa title crown" that everyone talks about so much? This is NOT about what you like, but about getting a true .5moa all day long rifle if there is such a thing.... </div></div>

This all depends on what your asking the rifle to do. Any profile barrel can be a .5MOA rifle but how long do you have for each shot and how many shots? As you can see from the 3, 5 shot group I posted how the groups started to open up as the more I shot. So yeah 1 bullet a hour sure most any barrel can do it. Lenght of the barrel has no effect on accuracy only speed. As far a true .5MOA rifle all day long every single time you pull the trigger? No I don't think there is or ever will be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2.) if so, then is having a bull barrel more important than rifle brand IF all you were after was totally accuracy (yes yes we know, grab your rifle run thru the woods, run and gun, it is not the question)??? <span style="text-decoration: underline">IF you were to go for JUST max accuracy, would you pick a lower priced rifle with a bull barrel, or a better "brand name" with just a heavy barrel / light barrel if you could only pick one of the two questions listed? </span></div></div>

The truth is every manufacter has some good and some bad! And no one knows what a barrel will do until its shot. When you buy higher price your paying for the attention to detail not some persons hourly wage. As far as bull barrel then yes if accuracy is what your after your better with a heavy barrel. The thing to pick is whichever one YOU will be happy with.

3.) what do you think is the most accurate cartridge so far with your past experience and the outcome of this thread so far? </div></div>

This is a question one that can not be answered in my eyes.

4.) what do you think is more important in terms of ".5moa all day long" type accuracy if you could only pick one after participating / reading this thread?? ..... the shooter or the rifle? </div></div>

Kinda of trick question! But I do think it is more shooter then rifle. There is a saying "Don't fear the man with the most rifles, Fear the man with one!" Because he knows how to shoot it! I have seen guys with $300 setups out shoot $3000+ dollar setups. You can't just drop a bunch of coin and expect to be a good marksmen. Shooting is where good trigger time counts more then anything.

5.) what are your general thoughts so far with the outcome of this thread to date? </div></div>

I love it!!
grin.gif

Not as many people are willing to step up to the plate when they have been called out! All the ones that have posted targets so far have earned so much more respect then ones that have just talked.

The biggest thing to remember is to have fun and learn with all of it. It don't matter who has the best groups or the worst groups! All that matters is you have fun with it. Enjoy your time at the range and enjoy your rifle no matter what kind of groups you get. Once you take the fun out of it it's not worth doing!

Not trying to start anything but has anyone heard from the JP boys?

Interesting.

It would seem to me that all your suppositions are true. Bull barrel is king of accuracy, shorter bull eliminates harmonic problems and is more rigid. (This one really surprised me but does make sense.)

No offense is meant by this to anyone; I do think one large component is lack of experience shooting this type of "competition". I think there are some "tricks" that an experienced accuracy shooters can bring with them that may neutralize some of the bull advantage. This is true in any sport. Take Tae Kwon Do, not many off the street can step in the ring with a seasoned black belt and do anything but bleed.

As to which is more important, Indian or the arrow, I think both. Rifle will help some but can't turn a 200/300 shooter into a 298/300 shooter. Conversely, a bad rifle can turn a 298/300 shooter into a 250/300 shooter. A quality rifle usually comes in to play by turning a 294/300 shooter into a 298/300 shooter. There is little substitute for talent and practice and so a 299/300 shooter is born into it, imo.

I agree about the respect earned for posting results. Many a challenge went out, few in comparison are those brave enough to post.

As regards JP, I don't see reps from Colt, DD, LMT, LeRue, or Noveskie, (I could go on and on) in here either, so singling them out does seem a bit extreme. I have several JP components in my 3g setup, and hope to shoot it this weekend or next at worst.

First thing I had a great time shooting and learning in this competition. This is the closest thing I've done to a competition to date. Now I'm looking for something close to shoot.

As for Bull barrels it's a must. Undecided on the length, looking at averages. Only 2 of the top ten are shorter than 20". 5 of the top ten are over 20" so to me it looks like the long barrels have and advantage. My guess might be the added weight of the longer bull barrel.

IMO any cartridge can be .5 MOA, the diffrence is recoil. Being an average shooter, I can shoot my 22-250 more accurately than one of my .300s. There's just a better chance I'm going to pull one.

On the shooter rifle question, the rifle 40%, shooter 40%, and ammo 20%. You can have a great gun and shooter, but if your ammo is subpar, your fighting an up hill battle.

These are just the thoughts of a retired redneck. As my wife and kids call me.

I think for length, we need to see the same shooter using a couple of both 16 and 24's to really have enough data to decide. I think the distance is also a factor. The short will have less velocity, but I think less flex. Loss of velocity may play a much larger part in say a 600 yard comp. Less velocity means greater drop and also more susceptible to wind deflection. The 16 bull could be the perfect 100yd gun, the 24 better at 600yds. Can say one thing, 8" of bull barrel SS is going to add up to quite a bit of weight.

I have seen high speed vid of AK's and AR's shooting and the AK barrel flexes like a flag blowing in the breeze. This accounts for the poor accuracy compared to an AR, at least in my mind.

Retired redneck? No such thing, rednecks are always working at something, it's kind'a like a Marine, once a Marine always a Marine.
smile.gif

Had a little time to try another round this morning.
Ruger 10/22 Target 22lr (factory except trigger spring kit)
CCI Tactical 22lr ammo
Shot 9/27/12
Couldn't be any happier with this little rifle.

[img:center]
fx71jq.jpg
[/img]

2qwq2ix.jpg
[/img]

33e3l7r.jpg
[/img]

Someone had to go for the 22lr category.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone3380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
but if your ammo is subpar, your fighting an up hill battle.
</div></div>

This is another thing to look at also. Who is shooting factory or hand loads. The guys shooting hand loads how did they get that load? I know a lot of guys on this site use the OCW and some went about it the old way of finding the load that gave them the tightest groups at a 100yrds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJimJam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As regards JP, I don't see reps from Colt, DD, LMT, LeRue, or Noveskie, (I could go on and on) in here either, so singling them out does seem a bit extreme.
</div></div>

That is true, but you don't also see those reps coming into a thread telling us we are shooting the wrong rifles because they are not theirs! Both posters clearly claimed they can do it but have yet to post anything else but talk! I mean this is what this thread is about right????

It's one thing to post a target and then talk as you have earned the respect! It's completely wrong IMO to come in blasting other peoples rifles that have actually shot a target and not post up a target yourself! But then again maybe it's just me??? Which I'm sure it's not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone3380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Someone had to go for the 22lr categorey. </div></div>

Dam you I wanted to be the 22LR guy! I guess that's what I get for having a bolt action though.

Are one or both of the posters you mention factory JP shooters? Or are they just someone with a JP rifle that hasn't posted yet?

I do completely and totally agree with you, "talk is cheap."
smile.gif
And don't think much of people who spout, "I can shoot 1/2 moa all day long." Then don't even post here after finding out about the challenge.

AWESOME job boone3380 with the ruger 10/22! I got you on the original post and I'm sure there will be a lot of people gunning for your .22 cartridge spot!! We will see how long it lasts. Nice work and nice looking .22! rather amazing how accurate your 10/22 rifle is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone3380</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a little time to try another round this morning.
Ruger 10/22 Target 22lr (factory except trigger spring kit)
CCI Tactical 22lr ammo
Shot 9/27/12
Couldn't be any happier with this little rifle.

Someone had to go for the 22lr categorey. </div></div>

It's the target model with the hammer forged barrel and is by far the most accurate 10-22 I've owned. It only likes the CCI tactical so far out of about 7 different types.

I'll say there Boone that 10/22 sure looks like it's minute of kitty cat for sure! I have one of the old T models and it really liked the rem subsonics. Good Shooting

Cheers,
Breeze

Answering your question #4, I think it has to be the shooter with all things considered, especially if they load their own ammo, because that's a big part of accuracy shooting, it's not just pulling the trigger.

However, I think that in order to acheive the .5 MOA All Day Long recognition here, there are just too many variables to definitively say one or the other. One hair of a pulled shot, one inaccurate load, a minor wind change, could all throw a perfectly shot .5 MOA group out to the .6-.7 range. With 30 shots and 6 groups of measure, it's easy to see why that title has yet to be crowned, and we're only talking about 100 yards here. You know we say our rifles can do this feat at 600+.
smile.gif

Can't wait to give this a shot next weekend.

Dmpowder,

No JP reps (company employees) have posted in this thread.

I'm really surprise we havent seen any LWRC rifles or more JP rifles in this yet. I know there are lots if hard cord LWRC guys out there.

I need to take a few hours out of my day and get my target up on here. I'll try and get something posted this weekend wether it be good or bad.

Elfster, I like this competition you have set up! I have several different brass I am trying out to get the best MOA in my gun which will provide for the most part 6 different targets so this should be good for you fellow reloaders! I will be using TAC powder, 168 Sierra BTHP bullets, CCI primer and a mixture of once fired Brass and bran new LC brass. BTW great shoooting on your targets. I hope to learn alot and provide something that may help anyone else!

I got out with a newly assembled 6x45 today, it has a 3-12 Monarch and I was shooting 70gr Nosler BT's. Average .736 and best group is .39, boy would I like to have 2 rounds back on the 5th group...

Specs on the rifle are 18" middy barrel from Black Hole Weaponry with a YHM upper, lower, and rail. A little heavy but it will be my yote rig this winter.
The rifle
mail-2.jpg

The whole target
mail.jpg

Best group .39
mail-1.jpg

GOOD DEAL crash! rather interesting cartridge. Looks like you bumped yourself on average, back on the boards for best single, and honor mention#2 for cartridge. Very busy day for you! I've been busy myself today...

Plese edit your post with brand name upper, and barrel length please. Thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crashnrondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got out with a newly assembled 6x45 today, it has a 3-12 Monarch and I was shooting 70gr Nosler BT's. Average .736 and best group is .39, boy would I like to have 2 rounds back on the 5th group...
The rifle
</div></div>

Well, I went to the range today and was unable to improve on my existing score.... It was actually really really bad for what I usually do. I changed things up and went with 43grn of varget rather than 40.5 that I usually load... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #CC0000">Safe to say my LMT does NOT like the new load!!!!</span></span></span> As for 100yards, I think 40.5grns of varget is close to my go to load.. I might try 43.5 and maybe 44grns next time.

On the other hand, I was able to take my rock river arms tactical operator 2 out for a spin now that I have my nikon m-223 3-12 nikoplex scope back from nikon (something was screwy with the scope and had to send it in as it wouldn't hold zero but everything is tip top now). A few weeks ago I might have made the leaderboards with this score, but not anymore. Might have made it this time with my RRA if it wasn't for one single flier bullet!! Grrrr..... Regardless, I would say it is a nice score for a 16" chrome moly carbine rifle with a friggen grip pod!!! LOL.....

Anyway, even though I didn't make the boards this time, I figured I would still post the results and rifle pics. Used the new zero out on reloading bullet trick this time around.

<span style="color: #663366">Rock River Arms Tactical Operator2
nikon 3-12 m-223 scope nikoplex
using reloads
1fired brass
55gr hornady fmj-bt with CL light crimp
cci#400 primer
23.5 benchmark powder
about~ 2.222 coal

average= .9835" best single= .724"</span>
RRATARGET1.jpg

RRATARGET2.jpg

ROCKRIVERTACTICALOP2.jpg

ROCKRIVERTACOP2PIC2.jpg

<span style="color: #006600">Craptastic results for me with new 43grn varget / 168amax load, safe to say I will not be loading this again with my LMT!!!</span>
LMTTARGET1.jpg

LMTTARGET2.jpg

LMTMWSNEW.jpg

Now I'm down to 9th.I am going to have to bring out the ole hog killin Remington 742 yet.

This thread should outlive the Motivational pic thread.

Oh and the Gap 10 308 was just unpacked too!

ohhhhh wow, that sounds like a fun toy! very nice jon... get some pics up will ya!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread should outlive the Motivational pic thread.

Oh and the Gap 10 308 was just unpacked too! </div></div>