• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Re: SemiAuto, 6 groups, 5shot each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

LOL, good stuff. You need a cleaning lady issued with your rifle. Going to the range again soon? Might as well clean it after that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elfster, here's the picture I was supposed to have up with my target. Obviously still dirty from the last range trip. I may actually have to clean it for once.

dsc6231k.jpg
</div></div>

Sorry fellas for taking so damn long with pics and a review but have no way of taking pics at this time and with my hours and the range being almost 2.5 hours away it has been tough. I will get my JP LRP-07 out there ASAP, god willing.

Elfster, I have gained much respect for you for pulling the bullshit card out on all .5MOA all day long "claim's"...

However, I'm saddened That more GAP-10 Owners aren't participating... and I'm hating my groups have fallen to number 8 on the list....I really need to get home from this damn Australian offshore trip to shoot some South Louisiana Groups!

thanks man.

like i said before, i really think it is 40% shooter, 40% rifle, and 20% ammo. Keeping an eye on that barrel heat and finding that ammo that works well with your rifle really plays a big part in this test. If you don't reload, then you should..... not only to save money / shoot twice as much ammo, but you would be amazed on how much more accurate your rifle will become. I have 100% faith that you will come back with a vengeance. Looking forward to it. I'm sure over time other GAP's will join in on the fun. I myself, need to work on my shooting some more. I'm almost "sub-moa" all day long. Those damn over 1" groups pop up from time to time even with my reloaded ammo, but it really is getting better. One group will be under .5" and the next will be a tad bit over 1". Grrr. Practice, practice, and more of a reason to blow off some more ammo. Like dmpowder said, trying to get 6 nice groups in a row can really screw with your head. I'm sure that I'm not the only person that said, "mother f@cker" when that damn flier rears its ugly head on that 5th group!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elfster, I have gained much respect for you for pulling the bullshit card out on all .5MOA all day long "claim's"...

However, I'm saddened That more GAP-10 Owners aren't participating... and I'm hating my groups have fallen to number 8 on the list....I really need to get home from this damn Australian offshore trip to shoot some South Louisiana Groups! </div></div>

I handload as well, but have not really had the time to do proper load development with my Gap-10. I have a wonderful load for my TRG 42 338lm.. I spent a lot more time with it. Make no mistake that's no excuse as to why I'm not shooting as good as I can. The load i used for this op was on the high end of my pressure range however i have not really sat down and found the "accuracy node" although i don't think i am far from it... the groups i submitted were very quick and I'm quite surprised the rifle did as good as it did due to the amount of heat i put in it, in a very shot amount of time. I'm thrilled with the rifle. However, I'd love to have a JP, OBR, LWRS, or LMT etc in my gun safe. I think the rest will be more time spent behind her, and more QC on the press, along with learning the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the right semi auto rifle was tested yet...you guys need to shoot a JP.

I sent an email to John Paul to let him know how my SCR-11 shot at the beginning of this year. Out of the box with some reloads put together with no thought of accuracy, load development, seating depth, etc., I just wanted to put a few rounds down range for fun.

This is what I got:

http://www.jprifles.com/4.2.php?document_id=396

</div></div>

when will you be posting your results? </div></div>

Open up the link so you can see the results. I'll gladly shoot a 5 shot group multiple times, possibly this weekend and post afterwards. </div></div>

I have a even smaller 5 shot group from my rifle. Does it mean it will shoot like that every single time I pull the trigger? No... do I claim it can shoot perfect groups every time? Nope... But it is proof of what the rifle can do when the stars and moon are all in line! Like stated we all have a nice target with a perfect group but this is a true test of you and your rifle.

IMG_20120826_154913.jpg

And the kicker is this target was shot during load work!
.352-.224= .128

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elfster, here's the picture I was supposed to have up with my target. Obviously still dirty from the last range trip. I may actually have to clean it for once.

dsc6231k.jpg
</div></div>

I think you might wanna look into a upper with a dust cover!!!

Sweet looking rig!! Love the pic also just 100% bad ass!

OMG, that is F'ing sick dmpowder. My lord. Do you not have a heartbeat when shooting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the right semi auto rifle was tested yet...you guys need to shoot a JP.

I sent an email to John Paul to let him know how my SCR-11 shot at the beginning of this year. Out of the box with some reloads put together with no thought of accuracy, load development, seating depth, etc., I just wanted to put a few rounds down range for fun.

This is what I got:

http://www.jprifles.com/4.2.php?document_id=396

</div></div>

when will you be posting your results? </div></div>

Open up the link so you can see the results. I'll gladly shoot a 5 shot group multiple times, possibly this weekend and post afterwards. </div></div>

I have a even smaller 5 shot group from my rifle. Does it mean it will shoot like that every single time I pull the trigger? No... do I claim it can shoot perfect groups every time? Nope... But it is proof of what the rifle can do when the stars and moon are all in line! Like stated we all have a nice target with a perfect group but this is a true test of you and your rifle.

IMG_20120826_154913.jpg

And the kicker is this target was shot during load work!
.352-.224= .128 </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elfster, here's the picture I was supposed to have up with my target. Obviously still dirty from the last range trip. I may actually have to clean it for once.
</div></div>

I think you might wanna look into a upper with a dust cover!!!

Sweet looking rig!! Love the pic also just 100% bad ass!</div></div>

Haha! I knew someone was going to bring that up! This is honestly the first time I've felt a dust cover would've been helpful. My BCG was coated in what I can only describe as a thin layer of mud! No matter, I spritzed some more lube in there, wiped off the outside of the rifle, and now I'm all ready to hit the range again.

Now I've gotta get out and top that .128" group of yours. I think I can do it... from 10 yards....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

M110'A1'

</div></div>

If you don't mind answering, what is the difference between M110A1, SR25ECC, and M110K1?

I just found out about this thread from John Paul a few mins ago and it looks to me that you guys need to be shooting JPE rifles. I have a LRP 07 .308 that is a sub min rifle all day with M118LR 175gr and thats every time I have shot it on paper. I haven't shot anything else in it or reloaded for it so I don't know if it likes anything else.

I have shot several groups that were .5 moa during shooting sessions at FT Bragg and would put it up against most custom bolt guns for shooting groups or steel.

As for my JPE LRP 07 6.5 Creedmoor I haven't shoot it on paper much but John Paul and I did win the last PMG Team Sniper match in Tenn.with it the first time I ever shot the rifle. I had never fired a rd out of it till the first stage of the match and it couldn't have shot any better. I did get to put it on paper this past weekend at the range and the first group was around .75 moa and the 2nd group was around .3 moa. Thats with Hornady Factory 140 AMAX at 100 yds.

I would shoot my JPE PSC 11 .223 with 77gr SMK in most any sniper match out to 750 yds. I have shoot clay pigdons out to 750 with it but haven't shoot it much on paper either. The last groups I shot were around .5 moa with 77 SMK and .75 with 62 FMJ.

Thats not bad for a 18" bbl rifle and it realy shines out at around 500 yds as I have shot a bunch of 2.5 moa to 3.0 moa groups.

I will get some groups on paper to see how well it does and try to get John Paul to post some also.

If you ever shoot a JPE rifle you will see what I am talking about and thats no BS.

Clark K
TEAM JPE, BUSHNELL TACTICAL & BARRETT

Blah...blah....blah... that's what this thread is about! All these people brag about a certain brand AR but never put up.

Sounds to me all these JP shooters need to put some targets up instead of telling everyone how well they shoot!!! Again everyone has that one nice pic of a great one hole group. I mean I posted a .128 target that I shot with a factory DPMS! So from the outside looking in the factory DPMS has posted a tighter group so why spend more for a JP when the best you have mentioned is a .3??

With a .7 and .3 with factory loaded ammo there is no reason why your name shouldn't take top spot across the board right? Also with a .5 &.7 you may be able to take first and second.

Also when you see someone talking about a certain brand and then at the bottom of the post you see Team certain brand! All that says to me is sales man! I have no idea how well they shoot as I have never shot one BUT please less talk more action! I hope you guys do knock me down on the list as it gives me reasons to push myself more. And if or when you do well then it will give me a reason to look a JP's rifles!

I hope there are lots of people out there that just haven't gotten to the range yet to shoot or haven't found out about this thread. Because as it sits as of now 2 off the shelf AR's are in the top 3! You gotta admit it makes people think WTF???? If I had one of the higher dollar AR's I would be busting my ass to shoot better!

elfster1234 : I wish it was like that! But as stated it just goes to show what can happen when everything lines up. That load opened up when I went to confirm it which tells me it was all luck! But again it gave me that one target that everyone likes post about how good a rifle is. Which is way your thread is working so well on people not posting their targets. I will be honest when I first seen this thread I thought it would be a walk in the park but as most find out it really opens your eyes to the real world.

Temp9 : Don't worry about the .128 that group don't count. You just gotta beat the .202.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clark k</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have shot several groups that were .5 moa during shooting sessions at FT Bragg and would put it up against most custom bolt guns for shooting groups or steel.

I will get some groups on paper to see how well it does and try to get John Paul to post some also.

Clark K
TEAM JPE, BUSHNELL TACTICAL & BARRETT </div></div>

We all cordially invite you, your team, your rifle and whomever else that is willing to follow the rules to put your money where your mouth is, and follow the OP......:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blah...blah....blah... that's what this thread is about! All these people brag about a certain brand AR but never put up.

Sounds to me all these JP shooters need to put some targets up instead of telling everyone how well they shoot!!! Again everyone has that one nice pic of a great one hole group. I mean I posted a .128 target that I shot with a factory DPMS! So from the outside looking in the factory DPMS has posted a tighter group so why spend more for a JP when the best you have mentioned is a .3??

With a .7 and .3 with factory loaded ammo there is no reason why your name shouldn't take top spot across the board right? Also with a .5 &.7 you may be able to take first and second.

Also when you see someone talking about a certain brand and then at the bottom of the post you see Team certain brand! All that says to me is sales man! I have no idea how well they shoot as I have never shot one BUT please less talk more action! I hope you guys do knock me down on the list as it gives me reasons to push myself more. And if or when you do well then it will give me a reason to look a JP's rifles!

I hope there are lots of people out there that just haven't gotten to the range yet to shoot or haven't found out about this thread. Because as it sits as of now 2 off the shelf AR's are in the top 3! You gotta admit it makes people think WTF???? If I had one of the higher dollar AR's I would be busting my ass to shoot better!

elfster1234 : I wish it was like that! But as stated it just goes to show what can happen when everything lines up. That load opened up when I went to confirm it which tells me it was all luck! But again it gave me that one target that everyone likes post about how good a rifle is. Which is way your thread is working so well on people not posting their targets. I will be honest when I first seen this thread I thought it would be a walk in the park but as most find out it really opens your eyes to the real world.

Temp9 : Don't worry about the .128 that group don't count. You just gotta beat the .202.

</div></div>

Hot damn somebody said it before I did. We should rename this board "Put Up or Shut Up".

DMPowder we are all gunning for your .202 group and your .4976 group average.

Sorry DMPowder but I hope to bump you down a notch when I get to the range again.
I have some LC brass that I have prepped and sorted more carefully than I ever have. I have worked on getting 60 "perfect" rounds loaded up way longer than it usually takes me to load up a couple hundred...lol

Might borrow the razor off of my 308 for the extra magnification and the open center. I think I can shoot tighter groups with it because the crosshair doesn't cover up the dot.

Ok, ok... lets be respectful. One thing is for damn sure, JP makes a damn good rifle. There is no doubt about that IMO. Hell, I would get an upper for my lower in a heartbeat if I had the money to burn. I would seriously consider it an honor for someone from the JPE team to run a 6group, 5shot each, 30bullet target as per the OP. Regardless of brandname, all rifles are welcome to "walk the walk" just as long as they are semi-auto. Clark, do you think it would be possible if you could hand pick one of JP's best semi-auto rifles and run this test as per the original post rules? We would all love to see the results, especially the current / future owners of JP rifles.

Thank you for making this post. As for me, I find this test no easy walk in the park for semi-autos. It might be for a bolt action rifle, but there is just something "different" about semi-auto rifles when it comes to this test IMO. Some of the results are rather interesting for damn sure just as long as everyone is honest.

First and foremost, the main reason why I made the original post is I figured it would be down right fun and a real challenge. How stupid small can you make that 5shot bug hole, 6times in a row??? I find it no easy task. I love the fact my rifle can be stupid accurate one second, and can mow down a target on the second..... I'm just a semi-auto kind of guy. I just don't get into bolt action rifles. That is just me. Second, I was also down right sick of people talking a bunch of BS and backing it up with no pics,,,,,, or some hand picked picture of a bug hole target from a billion other single group 5shot (and sometimes friggen 3shots, oh lord) targets saying they do .5moa ALL DAY LONG...... I invite all manufactures to walk the walk. Until then, it is just talk IMO regardless of the person's abilities and the rifle's potential,,, with the type of ammo they are using as a sideshow.

One thing is for damn sure, the amount of people saying they do ".5moa ALL DAY LONG" sure has gone down considerably since the inception of this forum post I think... I see a lot more "I do sub-moa" all day long now,,, giving those that just purchased AND shot the same rifle a little bit better perspective of their rifle's abilities and not wondering why it isn't........................ shooting .5moa ALL DAY LONG.........

Is it possible for a semi-auto to do .5moa for 6groups / 5shots each?? hell yes! BUT i've found it really damn hard to do so....

Enough talk, it is time to walk the walk. Lets see what you can do.......... Bring it. I welcome the challenge. Regardless, you've already said you would do it!! <span style="color: #3333FF">You've crossed the line and there is no going back now, hehehe</span>:

<span style="color: #009900"> "I will get some groups on paper to see how well it does and try to get John Paul to post some also." </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clark k</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just found out about this thread from John Paul a few mins ago and it looks to me that you guys need to be shooting JPE rifles. I have a LRP 07 .308 that is a sub min rifle all day with M118LR 175gr and thats every time I have shot it on paper. I haven't shot anything else in it or reloaded for it so I don't know if it likes anything else.

As for my JPE LRP 07 6.5 Creedmoor I haven't shoot it on paper much but John Paul and I did win the last PMG Team Sniper match in Tenn.with it the first time I ever shot the rifle. I had never fired a rd out of it till the first stage of the match and it couldn't have shot any better. I did get to put it on paper this past weekend at the range and the first group was around .75 moa and the 2nd group was around .3 moa. Thats with Hornady Factory 140 AMAX at 100 yds.

I would shoot my JPE PSC 11 .223 with 77gr SMK in most any sniper match out to 750 yds. I have shoot clay pigdons out to 750 with it but haven't shoot it much on paper either. The last groups I shot were around .5 moa with 77 SMK and .75 with 62 FMJ.

Thats not bad for a 18" bbl rifle and it realy shines out at around 500 yds as I have shot a bunch of 2.5 moa to 3.0 moa groups.

If you ever shoot a JPE rifle you will see what I am talking about and thats no BS.

Clark K
TEAM JPE, BUSHNELL TACTICAL & BARRETT </div></div>

I'm a little sad I'm the only M1/14/21/25 in this. I know some guys on here can do better than what I put up.

DMPowder you need to learn some manners, my man was just commenting about his JP collection. I have yet to shoot my JP LRP-07 but I have shot my friends JP and have also shot a gap-10 and a Larue OBR. All of these are very fine weapons but IMO JP still outshines the rest, and I am not alone. Unless you have actually shot one then you should be a little nicer so to speak. ASAP I will have my review soon. Not saying I can shoot as good as you but I know the Rifle can shoot.

Javan has a good point here everyone. Accept the challenge. Ok to talk a little smack, but please be respectful. I want everyone to feel welcome. As per the OP.

14.) As long as you follow the rules, have 6 groups @ 5shots each / 30 total bullets only, then feel free to post your results regardless of your average / single group size even if you don't make the leader boards!! You can not have multiple rankings / measurements on the leader boards,,,, only your best entry will make the boards with your one rifle.... You can however, have multiple leader-board entries by using two completely different semi auto rifles. In short, you can make as many attempts as you want with your rifle in order to improve your standing on the boards / get the best possible outcome with your rifle... no limits on entries..... the only way to be on the boards more than once at the same time is to use two different rifles.... Rock out as many semi auto rifles / entries as you want. Time to bust out that semi-auto collection!! All info is good info. Each rifle is different, has different optics, has different purpose, and different operators!!!! <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Be respectful of everyone's postings!</span></span></span> Sub MOA or not, show off your rifle and skills! <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">This is all in good fun!</span></span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DMPowder you need to learn some manners, my man was just commenting about his JP collection. I have yet to shoot my JP LRP-07 but I have shot my friends JP and have also shot a gap-10 and a Larue OBR. All of these are very fine weapons but IMO JP still outshines the rest, and I am not alone. Unless you have actually shot one then you should be a little nicer so to speak. ASAP I will have my review soon. Not saying I can shoot as good as you but I know the Rifle can shoot. </div></div>

elfster I have nothing but respect for you, very classy and this is by far the best thread to date. Well done

dmpowder is a good shit.... he is just getting to damn cocky from being on top of his high horse #1spot that it gives me all that much more motivation to knock him off of it!! LOL, totally kidding with you dmpowder, keep up the good work. Damn good shooting, and damn good rifle dmpowder. YOU COCKY BASTARD! LOL JK (hahahah totally f@cking with ya).......

As for JP rifles and the team. I'm totally looking forward to your results. You make one hell of a rifle and I for one would purchase one without thought. They are about as solid of a rifle as you can get IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">elfster I have nothing but respect for you, very classy and this is by far the best thread to date. Well done </div></div>

Yeah when you are on top it is a good feeling, and that was some damn good shootin by DMPowder. Just a little info though, what you are paying for when you buy a JP or GAP or Larue or other high end rifle is QUALITY and PERFECTION. I used to buy glocks, sigs, beretta, now I buy Guncrafter Industries, Ed Brown, Les Baer. Have you heard the TERM you get what you pay for. I only buy custom now.

Ok, lets just keep it at that and get back on track. Let's see those groups and pics!

I just got my bolts from LMT Dmpowder. You're in my crosshairs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah when you are on top it is a good feeling, and that was some damn good shootin by DMPowder. Just a little info though, what you are paying for when you buy a JP or GAP or Larue or other high end rifle is QUALITY and PERFECTION. I used to buy glocks, sigs, beretta, now I buy Guncrafter Industries, Ed Brown, Les Baer. Have you heard the TERM you get what you pay for. I only buy custom now. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a little sad I'm the only M1/14/21/25 in this. I know some guys on here can do better than what I put up. </div></div>
Lenny,
I dont think this was meant as a real competition, although it has turned into a grudge match...BUTTTTTT..... Its all in good fun, brother. No one is going to heckle your groups, your rifle or your shooting. Respect is earned, and by just following the OP and posting pics of the groups , that in it self will earn you respect on this forum and thread. I myself love the m14. along with all of the rifles that have been posted thus far. Every single one of them have earned my respect, along with their shooters. Its all about walking the walk...

I've got a flight to catch at 2:00pm tomorrow but Im going to try my hardest to get one or two of theese shot in the A.M. I've got a MK12 Mod 0 with an original Gene Barnett barrel, I've shot it shamefully few times.

Just got an RCBS chargemaster so I've worked up some loads with Varget, 77gr SMK's, 77gr Nosler CC's, and 75gr Hornady BTHP's. I may also sling some mk262's at the target. I know there are better options for 100yd bullets but I'm more interested in this rifles long range potential. Plus these are the only bullets I have, I'll get some 52gr SMK's and AMAX's and see what I can do.

Edit: I know there was talk of a similar shootout at longer ranges, has that happen yet?

It is coming in due time... working out the fine details. I would say this 6group / 5shot / 30round shootout has been going rather well so far and I just don't want to rush it and want to do it right from the get go with the long range version. It is really hard to please both hard core peps and others that just like to blow off ammo. I've been getting PM's and forum posts for both sides of the spectrum. There will need to be some middle ground or not a single person will partake in the fun. I will tell you this much tho, the original post will most likely be top ten semi auto vs top ten bolt action, and will be in the range report section of sniper's hide.... and will most likely be 500yards.... anything more than 500yards would make it impossible for most, and anything less than 500yards really wouldn't be long range. I'm sorry, but if you don't have a 500yard range, then you might be SOL..... Will most likely be based upon a point system and not group size (so far, that is what i'm thinking).... I'm getting a bunch of good info tho on the "ideas for long range shootout forum post". Please post any comments or suggestions in the "ideas for long range shootout" forum postings if you have anything to say and not here. Thank you everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VegasKyle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Edit: I know there was talk of a similar shootout at longer ranges, has that happen yet? </div></div>

I just found this post and will be on this this weekend if work permits.

This looks like a real fun challenge.

Good on ya elfster for getting this going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DMPowder you need to learn some manners, my man was just commenting about his JP collection. I have yet to shoot my JP LRP-07 but I have shot my friends JP and have also shot a gap-10 and a Larue OBR. All of these are very fine weapons but IMO JP still outshines the rest, and I am not alone. Unless you have actually shot one then you should be a little nicer so to speak. ASAP I will have my review soon. Not saying I can shoot as good as you but I know the Rifle can shoot. </div></div>

Don't know what I said that upset you but you must have taken it the wrong way! My post was meant in a joking/smart ass way and that's the down side to the net is you don't get the tone across like you want it to be. It's all in good fun and I have admitted to not shooting a JP rifle. Also you can go back and read that I myself said when you pay for a custom you are paying for the attention to details and we all should know the details is what sets them apart!

I mean no disrespect to any custom AR company or any other shooters on this forum. That goes for clark k and The Animal or anyone else that took my post wrong. Just merely stating that we always hear what they both said about JP rifles and this is the thread to post the proof not the talk!

If you look at the results posted so far there is no where near the number of sub MOA shooters that you hear about all the time on the forums. Elfster1234 called them out and very few have showed up to the party so I guess most were called on their bluff.

Again my post was not to offend anyone so if anyone took it the wrong way I apologize in advance because I didn't mean any harm in it.

Now lets get back to having fun and shooting!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lenny,
I dont think this was meant as a real competition, although it has turned into a grudge match...BUTTTTTT..... Its all in good fun, brother. No one is going to heckle your groups, your rifle or your shooting. Respect is earned, and by just following the OP and posting pics of the groups , that in it self will earn you respect on this forum and thread. I myself love the m14. along with all of the rifles that have been posted thus far. Every single one of them have earned my respect, along with their shooters. Its all about walking the walk... </div></div>

+1000

Agreed and could not have said it any better!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mcarnell82</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry DMPowder but I hope to bump you down a notch when I get to the range again.
I have some LC brass that I have prepped and sorted more carefully than I ever have. I have worked on getting 60 "perfect" rounds loaded up way longer than it usually takes me to load up a couple hundred...lol</div></div>

I hope you do too. But since you put some much time and love into loading your rounds I won't tell you mine were all thrown on a Hornady LNL dispenser and I just grabbed my brass out of a coffee can! Ooopppsss
blush.gif
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dmpowder is a good shit.... he is just getting to damn cocky from being on top of his high horse #1spot that it gives me all that much more motivation to knock him off of it!! LOL, totally kidding with you dmpowder, keep up the good work. Damn good shooting, and damn good rifle dmpowder. YOU COCKY BASTARD! LOL JK (hahahah totally f@cking with ya).......

As for JP rifles and the team. I'm totally looking forward to your results. You make one hell of a rifle and I for one would purchase one without thought. They are about as solid of a rifle as you can get IMO. </div></div>

LMAO Ok guys you seem to need a little bit more of a push!!

I must confess that those groups were not shot by me but by my 5yr son! I'm just the middle man since he can't type all that well. LMAO
grin.gif

There are far more better shooters on this site then me I swear on that one! Just luckily for me they all shoot bolt actions! Ahhh.... I kid.... I kid.... LOL!

I hope the JP team shows up too! Then they might put me on the team!!!
cool.gif
Wait.... that will come with a free rifle and ammo right???

<span style="font-weight: bold">Hey guys stop shooting till I hear back on this one k! LOL</span>

See all in good fun!
wink.gif

But for the real there really is far better shooters then me. I'm by no means a perfect shooter! I just had a great day at the range.

Oh yes, I agree, I was just trying to get some of the others to come out and play. It was a good time doing this and I'm satisfied that I averaged sub MOA and was on the top ten [briefly]. I respect everyone that posted their results too, especially the ones that thought they could do better because they've shot smaller in the past. The difficulty of it was an eye-opener to them, but they posted results anyways.

This has become my favorite thread on the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a little sad I'm the only M1/14/21/25 in this. I know some guys on here can do better than what I put up. </div></div>
Lenny,
I dont think this was meant as a real competition, although it has turned into a grudge match...BUTTTTTT..... Its all in good fun, brother. No one is going to heckle your groups, your rifle or your shooting. Respect is earned, and by just following the OP and posting pics of the groups , that in it self will earn you respect on this forum and thread. I myself love the m14. along with all of the rifles that have been posted thus far. Every single one of them have earned my respect, along with their shooters. Its all about walking the walk...</div></div>

I can't say how much better i feel when i see the "average" group of six shots. I have good days when I have a great group and I have regular days where they scatter and i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong,(because its definately the shooter on my part and not the equipment). Its satisfying to know that an average 1 moa out of my custom AR isn't terrible.

I'll try to go get some range time in the next week or so and see if I can compete but I doubt it after seeing many of your groups.

Some of those groups are amazing!

I'll try to get bunnypunter and doogie to get in on this as well.

Dang guys, You folks have been bearing down HARD. not sure if that top spot can be whacked,only so good you can get.
I have GOT to get to my house before Dark, its a shame when you have a 100yd range in the yard and cant get another 6 group round in.

Well you guys got lucky today! Mother nature was one your side and shut me down due to wind(thank god for 2 stage triggers). Other then that I was on a pretty good start till the wind guest picked up. Was just going to try and wait it out but ran out of time and had to leave to pick the little ones up from school.

Actually sat at the bench today because my back wouldn't allow me to get down on the ground. Well it would have but I didn't wanna see how long it would take me to get back up!
cry.gif

Just to show you guys I'm not just sitting around waiting and actually out there shooting to improve! So I hope you guys are doing the same!

IMG_20120920_134905_zps2ec4c3c1.jpg

Only got 15 rounds down range before I called it off.
IMG_20120920_135035_zpsf3564aba.jpg

And the numbers! Even dated the target so there is no way to use it again. Half way there to getting the grand prize with no name on it yet! Oh the not knowing if I could have kept it together or blow it is going to drive me crazy! Shots were taken center,right,left. As you can see it started to open up.
IMG_20120920_154946_zps59f3f88e.jpg

Dm all is forgivin, and still damn good shootin. I just wish I could get to the range and see what I can do. And or at least take pictures. Mabey I can talk the wife into getting a new camera, we are going on a trip next year so now is as good as time as any.

IMG-20120920-00095_zpsf5e962d6.jpg

Latest entry shot 9/20/12 with the Gap 6 Creedmore again running the Hornady 105s

If you look at the lower left target you will see why you need to make sure all is aware you have a purpose to 6- 5 shot groups on 1 target, Else an open corner would make a good place to check a slug gun zero.
The .743 average doesnt move me up and until I can quit shooting groups one after another without cooling, thats as good as it will get. But the .342 will move up the best group list.

Oh shit you guys weren't kidding were you?

You know you better keep them slugs off your targets. Because I will call foul when you beat me because you have more the 30 shots on your target!
grin.gif

I found that as long as I bring at least 3 more guns with me it keeps my attention away from the AR to let it cool down. Gotta love 22LR's!

Great shooting I want a 6 Creedmoor so freakin bad it's not even funny!

good shooting lester.... usually i wouldn't let this slide as you have too many bullet holes, BUT it is rather obvious that the extra bullet holes are not from your 6creed GAP and is from a slug gun. Good job on improving your best single group!

WTG, you just bumped yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Latest entry shot 9/20/12 with the Gap 6 Creedmore again running the Hornady 105s

If you look at the lower left target you will see why you need to make sure all is aware you have a purpose to 6- 5 shot groups on 1 target, Else an open corner would make a good place to check a slug gun zero.
The .743 average doesnt move me up and until I can quit shooting groups one after another without cooling, thats as good as it will get. But the .342 will move up the best group list. </div></div>

don't forget..... this gets you on the "shoots sub moa all day long board" also!!!

i don't need to check your math again do i???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG-20120920-00095_zpsf5e962d6.jpg

The .743 average doesnt move me up and until I can quit shooting groups one after another without cooling, thats as good as it will get. But the .342 will move up the best group list. </div></div>

Elf I sure hope not.
DM, Other guns would be great but getting home in time to send 30 rounds out before dark thirty is my challenge.

Well I did a little better this time.Still pulled one and one I have no idea what happened.

Average .815

heydogman
DPMS LR 6.5 Creedmoor 24" bull
100g Ballistic Tip,38.2g IMR 4064,CCI 200
SHSemi-Auto9-22005_zpsceb64ef9.jpg

SHSemi-Auto9-22004_zps5a619c39.jpg

heydogman: Are you measuring center to center or just the outside to outside edge?

Also have you tried the 140gr pills in your Creedmoor?

Calipers are zeroed on .264 so outside to outside.The 140 Amax's shoot very well.Currently suffering from neck pain so trying to keep recoil as light as possible.I really like the 4064 for lighter bullets and the gun runs well on it.Shoots a lot better than I do.

I see never thought of doing it that way. I had a hell of a time trying to get normal H4350 loads to work in my rifle. Seems mine prefers IMR4350 and IMR4831 for the 140's. Can't wait to get the factory tube off it!

I hear you on the pain I'm only 31 and most 80yr men have better backs then me. Sucks because I can't even do the dot drill test due it (well at least not how it's supposed to be ran) and on bad days if I lay down good luck getting me back up.

dmpowder:Too many rucks,dogs pulling I don't know but had the neck under control but then a 17 year old going 60mph rears ends me.I quit shooting the 7WSM and prone is out for now,but I am going to get it back.Been their with the back,I'm 58.Lots of streching and exercise.
Have a CM bolt gun that really likes H4350 or Varget for the 120's.Wondering how the 123SMK's would work,ever tried them?
Great shooting by the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a little sad I'm the only M1/14/21/25 in this. I know some guys on here can do better than what I put up. </div></div>

I'm an M1 guy and in the middle of working up some ammo.If I find something worth making 30 rounds out of I want to play.

I have an LMT coming in December. It will be fun to test both rifles.

wow, nice job heydogman! you didn't make best group, but you sure as hell made the number that counts and that's average! with also an honorable mention of "this person shoots sub moa all day long"!! Very nice. Good shooting. Those DPMS bull barrels are not screwing around!

I'm out of town AND sick as a dog, but should be able to hit up the range next weekend i'm thinking now that my LMT is back on track with new bolts and a new and improved torque wrench. Will see if I can kick DMpowder off his high horse!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heydogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I did a little better this time.Still pulled one and one I have no idea what happened.

Average .815

heydogman
DPMS LR 6.5 Creedmoor 24" bull
100g Ballistic Tip,38.2g IMR 4064,CCI 200
</div></div>

this is actually a really really good idea!!! I'm doing this from now on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heydogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Calipers are zeroed on .264 so outside to outside.The 140 Amax's shoot very well.Currently suffering from neck pain so trying to keep recoil as light as possible.I really like the 4064 for lighter bullets and the gun runs well on it.Shoots a lot better than I do. </div></div>