• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

112 match burners tumbling

@Kentucreed6
Curious what your thoughts are to the issue?
I have tried seating depth variation, different powders, different charge weights, different brass, different sizing die, mandrel die... every single one has the same result. Flyers keyhole impacts, blown primers...
Switch to a different bullet and in 20 seconds I have a 1/4-1/2 moa group...
something is going on with the bullet
I really don’t know. I just know that I’ve shot groups on paper and to distance and have been great with a lot number somebody else said was no good. I did no development. Just same powder and depth I was running Dtacs at. I’ve been running them right at 2900 from a 7-1/2 twist proof barrel. I just put on a new barrel and will be starting a new lot of bullets so I hope everything keeps working for me

Reactions: Rover31
ok well,
out of 30 bullets I measured the large majority were 112.1some were 112 then, 4 at 112.2, 1 at 112.3 and 1 at 112.4
not a crazy variation

I weighed out a bunch once and... I don't think it mattered enough to bother out to 1250 yards (for PRS-style stuff anyways)

...maybe for F-class it'd be worth it if one couldn't resist the OCD itch, but IDK, pretty mind-numbing lol.

tempImagerv9gmc.pngtempImagePZmsy6.png

Reactions: Rover31
Called and talked to a gentleman at Barnes today. Gave all the details looking for suggestions. Said "hmm never heard of that bullet having an issue". Never asked for the lot number didn't seem to give it a thought when I told him others were having the same issue. Nice guy but obviously could not have cared one bit.
Never will I use their products again.

Reactions: Vandoogle13
Has anyone that have been having issues shoot a newer lot and the problems went away? I had exploding bullets with the lot in question as soon as I started shooting it. The previous 1500 112 match burners were problem free. These are all on the same barrel/speed etc. and the only thing that changed was the lot number. I believe the newest lot is R000627.