• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

12 year lurker Intro

nutnless220

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
John from North Georgia. Been a member for 12 years and never posted but just recently decided to get into the long range game.
Bought a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 creedmore and a Nightforce SHV 5-20 X56 illum reticle . I'm still trying to decide on which rings to use. Leaning toward a SPUHR mount or a ScalerWorks for ease of leveling.

I'm very appreciative of the knowledge base present on the forum and the enormous time spent by members to create the resource.
Thank you all !

John from North Georgia. Been a member for 12 years and never posted but just recently decided to get into the long range game.
Bought a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 creedmore and a Nightforce SHV 5-20 X56 illum reticle . I'm still trying to decide on which rings to use. Leaning toward a SPUHR mount or a ScalerWorks for ease of leveling.

I'm very appreciative of the knowledge base present on the forum and the enormous time spent by members to create the resource.
Thank you all !
Have a Bergara myself, let me know about that scope once you start using it...looking to upgrade from my Vortex.

Ended up returning the SHV to basspro after looking thru my buddies NX8.
Thinking of buying one of those.
Added 600 bucks or so to the original budget. Really trying to focus on the long run rather than the get it now ...

Last edited:

Thank you all !
Where are you looking to shoot at? In North GA area as well and been looking for a range.

I plan on going to Gunsite Hills. Be a bit of a drive but has a solid rep.
Ended up returning the NightForce SHV and bought a Steiner 5-25 power.
Love the bigger objective and tube.

I plan on going to Gunsite Hills. Be a bit of a drive but has a solid rep.
Ended up returning the NightForce SHV and bought a Steiner 5-25 power.
Love the bigger objective and tube.
Curious to hear how you like it. I’m planning on going to Clinton House in SC. About an extra hour drive time.

I saw on the Clinton House website that you have to be a member (Or guest of member) to have access to the 1000 yard range. I believe Gunsite Hills has 700 yards. The Clinton website says the 300 yard range is $30 a day. Thanks for the suggestion, I'd never heard of C.H.

I saw on the Clinton House website that you have to be a member (Or guest of member) to have access to the 1000 yard range. I believe Gunsite Hills has 700 yards. The Clinton website says the 300 yard range is $30 a day. Thanks for the suggestion, I'd never heard of C.H.
I believe that's correct for guest fees but does exclude immediate family. Membership is definitely the way to go at $400 a year prorated. I might have to check out Gunsite as well though. Certainly more convenient

Hmm....I'll bookmark The Clinton House. Currently in N. KY and drive 3.5hrs to TVP...but recently bought land in Cleveland TN and The Clinton House is just a little over an hour away from that location. Could be a future home range.

Reactions: Smp300