• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

14.5 " 308 POF Should I Trade For It.

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I am thinking about trading my 1976 Colt Puthon (condition 99%+) for the above POF that has a flash welded flash hider to make it 16.1". I am uncertain that this is a trade I want to make given the problems reported with 308 POF's. I have a 415 POF the is a hammer which is the only reason I am considering the trade. But I hate giving uo the Python I have had since 76. But on the other hand I haven't shot it in 30 years as I am a S&W revolver guy and shoot either my 28-2 or 19-3 when I shoot 357.
    What's the consensus on the trade, yea or nay
    TIA

Last edited:
    I drank too much Kool-Aid and put a deposit on a FD308 in early October. Needless to say that was a mistake. I had a P308 for a brief period and will most likely own one again. While there have been a couple of issues reported over the years with the P308, most guys have great luck with their rifle and you have to appreciate a owner like Frank that apologies, provides his cell number on here and takes care of the issues. Can't comment on the Colt due to lack of experience, but that's my two cents on the POF.

I would say which ever one you are going to get the most use out of get that one. If you have not used you S&W in 30yrs you will not miss it. I have a 16" POF 308 and it shoots and functions great. You kind of get the best of both worlds with the POF, but I would make sure it does not have any of the past issues they had. The rifles made within the last year or two don't seem to have as many issues.

Keep the colt. You may not shoot it but once you let it go you are going to regret it.

Good deal
    I would have given you the (CASH GREEN $$$) for the colt
    So you could have picked up the POF
    Something are just Better to own even if you do not use them a lot
    Like that Shelby GT500 (1969) in my heated garage :)
    Be well