• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

14 Secant ULD

Emouse

0A
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2009
London, U.K
Having recently experimented with 14 Secant ULD in 175gr/.308, I wondered what if any data others had with these bullets?

These are the ultra low drag RBT/aluminum ballistic tip design.

My findings so far is that a faster than normal twist rate for the calibre is paramount.

Anyone care to share any findings on loads/seating depths, twist rates etc????

Re: 14 Secant ULD

These are the bullets,...BC 0.644

DSCN0610-1.jpg

Emouse,

Did you test any of them on a Juenke machine? What sort of numbers did they produce?

Thanks,
DocB

The Juenke machine tests concentricity,..thats a factor of consistency in manufacture and has nothing to do with the design. The machine was made in limited numbers and is not in production any more.

I have shot a limited amount out of my .308 but intend to shoot a few more from a .300win mag this weekend, with a faster 1-10 twist. I think this will be ideal?

This profile has been about since the 70's so someone must have detailed info on loads etc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ELR researcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Emouse:

They appear very close to the Rockey Mountain projectiles - http://www.rmbullets.com/index.html - though his offerings start at 338. Possibly he has built 30s in the past (or builds them now for a third party) and can point you at some load info.</div></div>

He uses dies he makes himself that are very similar to the Corbin designs :)