• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

14 Secant ULD

Emouse

0A
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2009
London, U.K
Having recently experimented with 14 Secant ULD in 175gr/.308, I wondered what if any data others had with these bullets?

These are the ultra low drag RBT/aluminum ballistic tip design.

My findings so far is that a faster than normal twist rate for the calibre is paramount.

Anyone care to share any findings on loads/seating depths, twist rates etc????

Re: 14 Secant ULD

These are the bullets,...BC 0.644

DSCN0610-1.jpg

Emouse,

Did you test any of them on a Juenke machine? What sort of numbers did they produce?

Thanks,
DocB

The Juenke machine tests concentricity,..thats a factor of consistency in manufacture and has nothing to do with the design. The machine was made in limited numbers and is not in production any more.

I have shot a limited amount out of my .308 but intend to shoot a few more from a .300win mag this weekend, with a faster 1-10 twist. I think this will be ideal?

This profile has been about since the 70's so someone must have detailed info on loads etc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ELR researcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Emouse:

They appear very close to the Rockey Mountain projectiles - http://www.rmbullets.com/index.html - though his offerings start at 338. Possibly he has built 30s in the past (or builds them now for a third party) and can point you at some load info.</div></div>

He uses dies he makes himself that are very similar to the Corbin designs :)