• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$1500 to work with what would you choose?

I was in my sps tactical 308 with millett scope and a few extras and was way under $1500. It would go from 100 to 800 with dope and be on target first shot every time. I only ever used factory hornady ammo in this rifle.

Im in my sps long range 300wm about $1500 with vortex hs lr scope and a few extras.

I thought I'd have a look at this thread just for the fun of it. I have never seen people showing their asses as completely as some of those (and one in particular) in this thread. I've been in a lot of situations all over the world and have seen a lot of stuff go under the bridge. From all of that, I've learned one thing that I can take to the bank: A big, noisy attitude and a loud mouth most often are cover for inadequacies and HUGE shortcomings of many kinds. Anyone that feels like they have to JAM their opinions down anyone else's throat have a problem. Second thing: IGNORE anyone with a big mouth....sit and watch and learn from any and all sources and then make your move. NO ONE is born knowing much of anything and a wise man learns from watching, listening and sometimes making mistakes of his own. A not so wise man just raises lots of dust and makes lots of noise and NO ONE listens. I have had to depend on others for lots of things, big and small, and the man I would prefer to trust in about any way you can name is the quiet man. He is the one most likely to rise to the occasion and the loud man with the big mouth and the idea that he knows everything there is to know is most likely to turn tail and run when the ^&*# hits the fan.

And to the point of what to buy: You CAN NOT buy personal excellence or have it just fall on your head. Those things have to be earned.......shooting skill is similar......you will NEVER get any better at shooting by waiting and hoping for the day that you can spend big bucks on a "BLING" rifle. Practice with what others may look down their noses at will get you a lot further than waiting. The only thing that really counts is results ON THE TARGET (no matter what it may be).

I'm in a savage 10 with the hs precision stock in 308 and a black friday swfa 3-15 ss for 1500 and it would fit your needs well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I haven't had time to shoot with it yet, but it looks very promising....clear optics and great turrets

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I recently purchased a tikka t3 Lite for my fiancé and was very pleased with accuracy right out of the box. Its a 243... I think I would get a heavier model if you want a larger caliber. Not a huge fan of the plastic stock. Comes with rings (not the greatest) but have worked well so far. That should save you a little coin.

I have a R700 spsv .308 1-12 in a B&c medalist with a hawke scope that has kept me in the running with several custom rigs. It will handle anything from 168 to 208 grns pretty well.