• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

16-18 inch shorty rifles

Remy 700 SPS Tactical, .308, 16.5”, Arken Optics EP5, Outlier chassis. Shoots great!

Attachments

• 36146C8D-2DE7-4911-AE40-28A738BA6084.jpeg
    36146C8D-2DE7-4911-AE40-28A738BA6084.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 297
Remy 700 SPS Tactical, .308, 16.5”, Arken Optics EP5, Outlier chassis. Shoots great!
How do you like the outlier chassis? I've had mine on order since December but they are having problems with making them for the Tikkas

On my short list in 16.5" 6.5 Creed. With Berger 130's she'll be a hitter ....
Cadex 7STARS Covert

Attachments

• products-covert-800x360.jpg
    products-covert-800x360.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 231
Don’t tease, Post ‘em! Get that bad boy out and take some pictures. We want before and after!
Didn't get any pics before sending it off to Ecco machine for threading, but I'll post some up when it gets back.

I cracked the shitty plastic one and found an m6 thread solid brass one! Its ugly but i like the weight of it. Someday ill cerakote it👍

Reactions: BuLLet
I can finally participate in this thread!

Got an 18" benchmark chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor by TS Customs, in their contour equivalent to a 3B.

View attachment 7890011

View attachment 7890013
Nice rig, dude! I'm of the opinion that a shorty should be a folder but that's just me, haha. I'm curious to hear what kinda speed you get out of it? I'm getting a med palma done up as a 18" 6.5 creed as well. Kinda figuring on mid 2600s with H4350 and 140 ELDMs.

Reactions: Blue72
Years ago I recall reading an article on how rifle powders were supposedly being developed for short barrels, more commonly becoming a norm. I don't remember specifics but doesn't seem to have taken place. While short barrels are cool and functional, without a silencer, loud and harder to shoot.
Anyone heard or know what powders are better for these 16-18" barrels? 6.5cm and .308

Nice rig, dude! I'm of the opinion that a shorty should be a folder but that's just me, haha. I'm curious to hear what kinda speed you get out of it? I'm getting a med palma done up as a 18" 6.5 creed as well. Kinda figuring on mid 2600s with H4350 and 140 ELDMs.
Thanks!

I bought this barrel for hunting, this barreled action will sit in a KRG Bravo for hunting season. Was too poor to build a dedicated hunting rifle, so this is a compromise for now.

I do agree though, that short rifles and folding stocks/chassis go hand in hand. Would be cool to have a short "truck gun" setup one day in that configuration!

I'll have to get back to you on velocities. I went to the range last weekend, but the data I collected is a little suspect.

Reactions: dgheriani
Thanks!

I bought this barrel for hunting, this barreled action will sit in a KRG Bravo for hunting season. Was too poor to build a dedicated hunting rifle, so this is a compromise for now.

I do agree though, that short rifles and folding stocks/chassis go hand in hand. Would be cool to have a short "truck gun" setup one day in that configuration!

I'll have to get back to you on velocities. I went to the range last weekend, but the data I collected is a little suspect.
My hunting rig for around here is an older Benchmark .308 med palma I had chopped to 20" in a folding HNT26. Makes for a nice compact package. I'm pretty sure I have folders on all my bolt guns save for my match rifles, haha.

Reactions: kthomas
Years ago I recall reading an article on how rifle powders were supposedly being developed for short barrels, more commonly becoming a norm. I don't remember specifics but doesn't seem to have taken place. While short barrels are cool and functional, without a silencer, loud and harder to shoot.
Anyone heard or know what powders are better for these 16-18" barrels? 6.5cm and .308

Probably the same ones for a 22-26" barrel

No, it was referencing shorter barrels like we see in AR SBR's and short bolts, 16-18 range which at the time was very odd to typically see
Varget and H4350 work well in my 16” 6.5CM. Lean towards Varget ….39.2gr gives 2750fps shooting 123ELDMs.

Now I can't wait to finish my anTi.
Need details, man. Caliber, length, weight.
anTi action
Badger m5 enhanced
16.5 proof sendero 1:7 6.5cm
Mesa precision altitude stock
TT special
Hawkins lr hybrid rings
Vortex razor lht 3-15x50
Dead air nomad ti/ plan b
5.6 lbs bare, around 9 w/ scope, silencer, atlas bipod.

You’ll love it man, awesome action for a short handy do it all hunting/ fun rig

Reactions: 260284 and PBWalsh
Tell me about that stock
It’s a Mesa precision altitude. I believe ag composites makes it to their specs. It’s pretty dam lightweight at 25 oz for being full figured, and the guys at Mesa have been awesome to deal with too. Price isn’t crazy either. Hope that helps man.

Reactions: krumfola
I've shared this rifle before but I've changed basically everything on it so i can't keep this from you!

Tikka T3x
17" X-caliber Carbon Fiber 6.5 Creedmoor
Grayboe Phoenix w/ my own paint job
Grayboe bottom metal
TBAC Ultra7 Gen II
Unknown Munitions Hunter Arca Rail
Vortex LHT 4.5-22
Sterk bolt handle

View attachment 7896381
Nice! Does the x-caliber barrel use a nut? How was the wait time from them?

I've shared this rifle before but I've changed basically everything on it so i can't keep this from you!

Tikka T3x
17" X-caliber Carbon Fiber 6.5 Creedmoor
Grayboe Phoenix w/ my own paint job
Grayboe bottom metal
TBAC Ultra7 Gen II
Unknown Munitions Hunter Arca Rail
Vortex LHT 4.5-22
Sterk bolt handle

View attachment 7896381
What is the total weight? Nice build I’m looking for an 18in barrel for my tikka.

Nice! Does the x-caliber barrel use a nut? How was the wait time from them?

It does, it is one of their tikka prefits. I used an IBI barrel nut specifically but there are plenty of other options. I believe it took 8 weeks, they had quoted me 10-12 weeks so I was pretty happy with that. I did not pay extra to expedite it.

Question for all these shorty 6mm guys. Does the extra powder capacity of a 6creed net more velocity over an equal length 6arc? 16-18”. Or is the extra powder just being blown out of the barrel? Maybe a more easily found combo would be 6.5 Grendel vs creed

I had similar results with a different caliber. Go heavier with a fast powder and run it below light speed. You will get more complete burn and likely low SDs.
Will do, it’s a 1:9 so I can’t get into the 105 class but I do have some 95 I’ll try out.

I was hoping to break 4000 with the 70s but hit pressure at 3800 with ADG brass and 59gr H4350

just a question is 18'' really a shorty when there are rifles with 8'' barrels ?