• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms 16.5" Remington 5R 308

Slowshot18

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2018
Houston, TX
I have a R700 5R in 308 that is for sale. I had my gunsmith shorten and thread the barrel (5/8x24) to approximately 16.5" for a suppressed hunting rifle. It also has a Timeny 510 trigger installed, a NF 20 MOA scope rail, and the factory HS precision stock that came with the gun. I purchased the gun used however, it appeared that the gun was rarely shot before I got ahold of it from the inspection from my gunsmith. I have put approximately 1,000 rounds down the tube. I'm assuming that the barrel is 1-11.25 tw.
The rifle shoots well with factory Hornady 178 ELDx ammo along with handloads using 178 eldx's and IMR 8208.
I'm asking $900 for the rifle shipped CONUS and insured to your FFL, or $850 FTF in the greater Houston area. Paypal F&F or you pay fees.
*Not included with the rifle: scope, rings, bipod, forward pic rail, suppressor*

Attachments

• gun-2.jpg
    gun-2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 258
  • gun-1.jpg
    gun-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 245
  • gun-3.jpg
    gun-3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 212
  • FACTORY target.jpg
    FACTORY target.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
This is tempting.

i need it like another hole in my head, but I love that short handy idea.