• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 18" CLE SPR Stag Lefty upper

J.Boyette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2003
    NC
    I see alot of rifles posted, but none with a parts list. So this is my Parts list. To the best I can do.

CLE built upper 18" 1/7 Douglas BBL rifle length gas system <span style="font-weight: bold">CLE</span> Same contor as the MK-12 Mod 0 and 1
    DD Lite 14.0 Handguard <span style="font-weight: bold">Rainier Arms</span>
    Stag lefty upper and bolt <span style="font-weight: bold">Rainier Arms</span>
    Tango Down Pistol Grip <span style="font-weight: bold">brownells</span>
    MagPul UBR Stock <span style="font-weight: bold">brownells</span>
    Harris Bi-Pod
    Phoenix Tactical MOUT rubber feet <span style="font-weight: bold">Phoenix Tactical</span>
    TIS Quick Cuff <span style="font-weight: bold">brownells</span>
    Horus 3-12x50 <span style="font-weight: bold">Hawk</span> from <span style="font-weight: bold">Clark K</span>
    Badger Ordnance <span style="font-weight: bold">22 MOA base</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">Rings</span>
    JP Fire control <span style="font-weight: bold">trigger group</span> <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"we had JP Rifles install the trigger"</span></span>

Let me know what you think, and yes, its shoots GREAT!!!!!!

John

Re: 18" CLE SPR Stag Lefty upper

JB I like it,same way I'm building mine and then spray paint the shit out of it....

You thought about adding a Doctor optic for less than 100yrd. shots????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JB I like it,same way I'm building mine and then spray paint the shit out of it....

You thought about adding a Doctor optic for less than 100yrd. shots???? </div></div>

To be honest no,

With the DD lite there is that gap between the left or right side rail face and the top rail.

Cant the rifle over on its side at 45 deg's

Place the target so its bottom is in between the side and top rail and let it fly.

Its a cheap red dot that never washes out.
    smile.gif

John

Great build, I'm in the process of turning my RR Predator Pursuit into a Designated Marksman rifle or whatever they are calling them, like your's. How do you like the DD rail? I'm looking at it and the Larue. Both pricey but the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great build, I'm in the process of turning my RR Predator Pursuit into a Designated Marksman rifle or whatever they are calling them, like your's. How do you like the DD rail? I'm looking at it and the Larue. Both pricey but the best. </div></div>

I would not own any other. Due to the six bolts, this handguard locks up real well. The handguard will not rotate. If you ever want to add a PEQ-2 PAC-4 no issues.

Also the DD lite gives you a solid rail across the top like a LMT Monolithic Rail Platform upper for a lot less $$$$.

If you want to build a SDM rifle, the DD lite 12.0 is the correct handguard. This is the handguard the AMU used for the first SDM rifles that where given over to the 3rd I.D. in 2004. To use in the SDM roll.

John

What are your impressions of the J-point trigger? Have you run one in any other guns?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your impressions of the J-point trigger? Have you run one in any other guns? </div></div>

Its a great single stage. Trigger for the Ar-15. for the use of this rifle a 4.5lbs trigger is a good thing, it brakes so clean, it feels like my 2.5lbs from GAP in my Rem 700.

John

Have you shot it yet, and if so how does she shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiTechTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you shot it yet, and if so how does she shoot?
    </div></div>

I have had this rifle since around Christmas time. And yes I have shot it.

This rifle has done alot of SUB-MOA groups at 500yds. As a matter of fact, look at LV Steels #5 target.

I can place 4 to 5 Shots in the head @ 500yds without much issue 90% of the time. The other 10% all five go in the head of that piece of steel.

no joke.

John

Looks good John.
    I have been meaning to take my 20" Douglas CY BBL down to 18" and thread it for a can.
    I'd like to get the same performance out of it.
    Good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle. Did you use normal rattle can krylon? </div></div>

Yes sir!!!

Paulo,

That was a very fun class. We need to get together more often and shoot some.

Have a good one.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paulo,

That was a very fun class. We need to get together more often and shoot some.

Have a good one.

John </div></div>

I want to make that a yearly thing.

Very nice rifle! I am running a similar set up. Have you seen any problems from having the scope mount spanning the handguard and upper receiver?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle! I am running a similar set up. Have you seen any problems from having the scope mount spanning the handguard and upper receiver? </div></div>

Not with a DD rail.

If you look the front mount is directly above the bolts. The handguard can not flex at this location.

So it works real well.

John