• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors 1911 Full Disassembly

ToddKS

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Wichita, KS
I decided that I wanted to learn how to fully disassemble my 1911 as I am considering installing a trigger kit. Ran across this webpage that was very helpful.

Towards the bottom of the page is a link called Disassembly-High Resolution Version which takes you to a Catia style video which shows the full tear down from start to finish. I found it very helpful and thought I would share the information in case others have similar plans.

http://www.m1911.org/full_striping.htm

Re: 1911 Full Disassembly

No, this is my full size SA 1911. Trigger is currently around 6.5#, looking to reduce that to about 4#.

While this task is probably not for a lot of people, it is not that complicated as long as you clearly understand how everything functions and fits together before your start.

I am not to a place where I am going to start stoning triggers and sears and tweaking on sear springs. I am installing a parts kit. No different really than the Gieselle trigger I installed on my AR-15. The disassembly is just a little more complex.