• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1911 Govt model WITH RAIL inside the pants holster

leprechaun

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2007
Guys

Looking for info about what kind and where to get a leather inside the pants holster for a Sig Tac Ops holster that is cut with a piece that will come up higher against your back to keep the safety from digging into it.

I can't seem to find one and I can always get the right answers here.

Thanks

Re: 1911 Govt model WITH RAIL inside the pants holster

If you aren't sold on leather, look at Comp Tac, they make excellent inside the waistband holsters with guards that keep safeties and hammers from digging into your side.

Rich

Check out the Brownell's Catalog, they sell the Milt Sparks Summer Special2. The holster is a bench mark for IWB holsters, made with rough side out and an addtitional leather flap that protects the safety and your skin... I also snaps on and off (which is convienent) It's a great rig, I carry a Colt Rail Gun and a Springfield MC Operator. Good luck!

how is the crossbreed with the huge piece of leather? It looks like it could be uncomfortable being that big?

Surprisingly as ugly and big as the crossbreed is. It is really comfortable on me. The leather conforms to your body and with the wider spacing of the clips, it distributes the weight of a full size pistol like my old Springfield 1911.

What is the difference between the ss2 and the vm2? is there a advantage to the vm2 ?

Check out TT gun leather. When I got mine not many leather companies made production holsters for railed 1911s... I don't know if they do now. But TT made my IWB for about $125(don't remember exact price) with sharkskin trim. It's a great holster. It's similar to the milt sparks vm2 but without the loooong wait. There was a wait(could be longer now) but it was reasonable for a handmade holster, when you consider alternatives. I'll post a picture tomorrow after i take one and upload it

heres the pictures
IMG01.jpg

back
IMG02.jpg

That is a very nicely crafted holster

Called milt sparks to check.They would have to make one to fit and it would take 7 months as they don't stock one for the 1911 with a rail.Brownells is the only place and they only stock the non railed version.

Called milt sparks to check.They would have to make one to fit and it would take 7 months as they don't stock one for the 1911 with a rail.Brownells is the only place and they only stock the non railed version.

Crossbreed Super Tuck. they will have it TYD in a jiffy. Comfy as hell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leprechaun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called milt sparks to check.They would have to make one to fit and it would take 7 months as they don't stock one for the 1911 with a rail.Brownells is the only place and they only stock the non railed version. </div></div>

Strange. My VM2 for my railed 1911 from Milt Sparks took the regular 4 months and it was a lefty too.

I have a Desantis Cozy Partner for my Sig Scorpion(5"). It's pretty comfortable for me.

I've got the Sparks SSII for my Kimber Desert Warrior and it works very well. It was about a 14-18 week wait back then when I ordered it.

Edited to add: You might also look at the Kramer Leather line; I've had a couple of their IWBs (not for 1911s); the wait wasn't nearly as long.

Check out pure Kustom holsters. I have the black ops pro model which doubles as an iwb and owb. The leather is so firm that it feels like kydex and won't flex when you have pressure on it from your belt.

http://www.purekustomholsters.com/