• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2008 Coyote Callling Contest.... took 3rd Place.

Re: 2008 Coyote Callling Contest.... took 3rd Place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long do you stay on a stand calling? Will you just call for 10-15 minutes or so or will you hang out in one spot for 30+ minutes?

J </div></div>

J,

it all depends on terrain and wind. Typically yes, 15 minutes in tighter areas. 20+ in open, long draws, big country areas.

I just let the terrain dictate the time usually.

sendero, hopefully you got my IM
laugh.gif

I am thinking about getting a FX3/5 for yotes and cats. Can you give me some advice about what sounds to have it programmed with?

Cheers!

all of the rabbit, some bird distress, coyote vocalizations, deer and antelope fawn distress....

how many are you gonna have loaded ?

At this point its somewhat dependent upon which one I get. I think if I order an FX5 its my choice of 50 and with the Fury that jumps up to 100.

Been doing some reading about cats, ever try a Woodpecker Distress?

I just found out tonight that one of the big furbuyers down here went out of biz before Christmas. Drats!

great job! my passion is yote hunting- I have a dozen varmint rigs and hunt mainly south TX- those dogs are much bigger up there. Ours weigh about 25-30 pounds max. Yes FoxPro is tops, have had a few of them. Planning to get another with the "Jack -N-Box II" add on. That always works as well. Thanks for posting. JHG

Actually... The hunt is tomorrow night and Sat. Gonna be a cold one !!!! Negative 16 right now

Good luck!
I'll be in the Sweetwater Best of the Best hunt tomorrow, our high is going to be 7deg and 5-6mph wind. Ideal conditions!

Wyfox... Won 4th place in Gillette, how did you do ? Temps were brutal !!

Congrats Scott

We called in 10 and 8 were 100% kill able, our shooting was a bit lousy. Shot 2 dogs, if I carried my shotgun I would of had 4 more for sure and placed 1st. Yotes are hard to hit at 20yds charging in with a Nightforce on 15x wasnt expecting to have that many in our laps.

It was -15 when we started in the morning and warmed up to a high of -5 midday