• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2009 AIAW pricing

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I know stacy would be good to send this to, but I just saw a listing on gunsamerica where a guy wasselling a nice tan AIAW 308. It came with a S&B and suppressor. HE was selling for 13k, but had a price breakdown. He said that the AWs were going for 8k now? Is that right or close? Even with all te bells and whistles. I thought they were still around 5.3k for a 1.5 version. anyone know what the 2009 prices are looking like.

Re: 2009 AIAW pricing

If it helps, I bought Stacey's last one for $5.2k and change 3 months ago. AWP 1.5.

I can't say I trust anything on Gunsamerica anymore. IIRC, there were people posting HK PSG-1's for about $3k and HK 91's for $4.5k.

Fellas, Caveat Emptor on gunsamerica.

I've got one on order that priced out pretty close to $7k. It is a 2.0 with fluted barrel and adjustable butt plate. The price also included the 28MOA mount, a Storm fitted case, threaded barrel with protector and AI bore guide.

Sheesh. They must be some incredible rifles. Considering you could buy 2 GAP's and a nice optic for that.

I need to get my hands on one just to see what a $7K factory rifle feels like. I guess one has to pay the price for a bullet proof piece of equipment.

Zak has a great comparison article between the AWSM and a TRG-42 and ended up calling them equally good. One's $3k and the other is like $7k these days... I know which one I would buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zak has a great comparison article between the AWSM and a TRG-42 and ended up calling them equally good. One's $3k and the other is like $7k these days... I know which one I would buy. </div></div>

I have owned a TRG 42 and it was easily the nicest factory rifle I have ever touched. Awesome rifle. But a lot of very trustworthy sources say the AI is even nicer/more well built, I dont know how, but it seems to be the consensus amongst those who spend time with both.

Just quoted $6300 for a 1.5 308- 26" w muzzel break. Adj cheek and pic rail incl. I have no idea what AI is doing or why? The company is in England, so the flux in exchange rates might be playing havic with them. No doubt the customer is getting the short end of the stick.

That sounds correct (app $6300 for the AI AW in the 1.5 config with the picatinny rail) in 308 Win.

I bought mine app 7/2008 in the same config as mentioned above for that price at Tac Pro.

Tac Pro informed me app 5/2009 that the base AI AW in the 1.5 config goes for $6300 and that is WITHOUT the picatinny rail (308 Win). They said the gun went up app %10 from the base 2008 pricing of $5600.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sheesh. They must be some incredible rifles. Considering you could buy 2 GAP's and a nice optic for that.

I need to get my hands on one just to see what a $7K factory rifle feels like. I guess one has to pay the price for a bullet proof piece of equipment.</div></div>

I liked everything but the heavy & long travel trigger... the 308 and 338 I shot were top notch equipment and shot POA everytime, i really enjoyed stacking those three .308s into one hole group was maybe in the low teens max.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zak has a great comparison article between the AWSM and a TRG-42 and ended up calling them equally good. One's $3k and the other is like $7k these days... I know which one I would buy. </div></div>

I have owned a TRG 42 and it was easily the nicest factory rifle I have ever touched. Awesome rifle. But a lot of very trustworthy sources say the AI is even nicer/more well built, I dont know how, but it seems to be the consensus amongst those who spend time with both.

</div></div>

after owning and using both for an extended period. Ill have to say the Sako really won me over with the trigger and how it seemed to shoot as well as the AW. I loved it, but honestly I just missed my AW and now matter how much I could not justify buying another one, I just had to. It was the rifle I always wanted. Just like you said. They are both such incredible rifles, the AW can swich barrels easier and feels much better with a harris bipod.

To me the sakos trigger is much better and the mags are top notch, but the accessories are killer. I even like the way the sako felt in my hands ( more natural feel). i wish I could just have kept both. Maybe ill buy another trg someday.

I really want one of each. but I want one in 308 and the other in 338 lapua. Which would you pick? 338 AIAW and 308 trg 22 or 308 AIAW and TRG 42?

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really want one of each. but I want one in 308 and the other in 338 lapua. Which would you pick? 338 AIAW and 308 trg 22 or 308 AIAW and TRG 42?

CJG </div></div>

I would buy the 338 in an AIAW becuase you will be changing barrels and the AW makes it user friendly. The sako uses lined barrels which will hold up with their trg22 308 for a long time.

So if you dont want to do both the same, then this is my answer. 338 AI, .308 Sako