• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2009 Fall Shooters Bash @ Rifles Only

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    <u><h3>Registration Opens August 19, 10:00am (CST)</h3></u>
    Competition Vitals
    Dates: November 6-7, 2009
    Train-up: November 2-4 , 2009
    Registration Priority: first come, first serve
    # of Competitors: limited to 50 shooters
    Duration: 2 Days
    Competition Fee: $200.00
    Deposits of 50% will be required to hold your spot for this competition.
    There will be no refunds or exchanges on deposits.
    Round Count: TBD

The Sniper's Hide Shooter's Bash will be held at Rifles Only and will be open to all competitors with any tactical rifle & scope shooting anything from .223 to 338. The handgun portion will be open to any service type handgun that fits within an IDPA box. No optical or reflex sights.

Train Up Vitals
    Dates: November 2-4, 2009
    Train-up Fee: $600.00
    Round Count: TBD
    <br clear="all">
    Link to Online registration
    http://www.riflesonly.com/comps/bash_2009_reg.html
    <br clear="all">
    The Event:

When: November 6th & 7th
    Where: Rifles Only in Kingsville Texas
    Who: Limited to 50 Competitors

The Competition:

The Sniper's Hide Shooter's Bash will be held at Rifles Only and will be open to all competitors with any tactical rifle & scope shooting anything from .223 to 338. The handgun portion will be open to any service type handgun that fits within an IDPA box. No optical or reflex sights.

Shooter's Safety Brief will begin at 9AM on Friday morning, with competition beginning at 10:30AM. The range at Rifles Only will not be open to zero weapons, so have your weapons zeroed and ready to shoot before arriving. As well the Range will be closed for maintenance on Thursday, so no one will have access to the range prior to competition without attending the train up.

The competition will contain a mix of traditional tactical scenarios along with a physical Run & Gun Portion so be sure you are healthy enough for a competition of this caliber.

Particulars:

Train up date: Sunday, November 2nd through Wednesday, November 4th. The train up will begin at 8AM on Monday and end on Wednesday at 11AM.
    Cost: $600

Match date: Friday November 6th & 7th
    Cost: $200

Onsite Registration begins at 9AM on Friday November 6th
    9AM Safety Brief – All Competitors
    10:30 AM Match Begins
    Open to All Contenders

Competitions at RIFLES ONLY include scenarios from hunting, military, and police engagements. They allow the shooter the best opportunity to network with other shooters and learn about new techniques and equipment. Competitions are an excellent form of training. These competitions are challenging and enjoyable for all competitors. We usually host a "Train-up" session the several days leading up to the competition. The Train-up offers competitors, either seasoned or new to competing, the opportunity to acclimatize, exercise their equipment in on the ground conditions, and benefit from several days of expert instruction to hone their skills for the contest. The Bunk House is also available for competitors for $15 a night but will be on a first come first serve basis.

Re: 2009 Fall Shooters Bash @ Rifles Only

Ok everyone! Registration does not open until the 19th!!! Please do not send your registration now!!!
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Lowlight said registration opens the 19th. But he only used a small font but bold lettering. So he really meant registration does not open until (Tuesday) August 19, 2009 at 10:00am (CST).

Two quick questions as I have never done this or SH Cup events:

1) What is the official time clock we can go by so that we don't submit too early?

2) When you submit the registration form, do you have to submit the payment also at the time or can you wait until you find out if you made the cut?

Strickland

the Clock begins tomorrow at 10AM CST.... fill out the form and hit submit, but not early.

Lisa will contact you with payment details.

OK the count down begins.
    cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be anxiously waiting at the computer.... </div></div>
    You're always anxiously waiting at the computer. God only knows the images your flat screen has endured. . . . .
    blush.gif

don't forget RO is near El Paso and is Mountain Time

Ok Boltripper here's one, I can still remember when you said that I charger up the rooftop at the Tiger Valley 3-gun match like I was taking Iwo Jima.

Now to get back on topic, 8 minutes and counting.
    cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">don't forget RO is near El Paso and is Mountain Time</div></div>

now thats funny...................and peyote grows in the desert....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now we wait</div></div>
    And eye each other suspiciously, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WuLitian</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now we wait</div></div>
    And eye each other suspiciously, right?</div></div>

just watch for the team B sickos..............

just got my confirmation for the shoot

Since I've been in depositions all day, I'm prolly sucking wind!!!

I'm in! Can't wait to get down there! I'm gonna do the train up as well...
    Sweet! Just got a travel voucher that will cover the cost of the match AND the train-up! Woot!

There are a few spots left, especially when we consider the usual drop outs, so if you were thinking about attending but were afraid you missed the boat, we have about 10 spots we can handle with no problem.

I have a lot of things up in the air right now, I won't be able to commit for this. I just don't know where I'll be at the time of the match, but I'm gonna try my best to make it, and hopefully there will be a drop out spot I can sneak into come time.

I'll be at the Cup fo sho though...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a few spots left, especially when we consider the usual drop outs, so if you were thinking about attending but were afraid you missed the boat, we have about 10 spots we can handle with no problem.

</div></div>

Its nice to know that we can always count on Lowlight to look out for us. When Chad tried to up the price on the match who was there to look out for the working man during this economy and kept the price reasonable? Now, who is looking out for the guy who didn't have the flexibility to be online at work? What a guy.

- Loud

Everyone should have received an email by now that signed up. If you did not, check your "junk" box.
    Still lots to do so talk to you later! Looking forward to having everyone down here. Several new people this year!!!

Congrats you guys who made it. You will have a great time. I need to win the lotto so I don't have to work and can make it down whenever I please. Unfortunately I do have to work and couldn't get the time off to make the match. This is the first year since 2004 that I haven't made it down to RO atleast once a year and I miss it already.
    frown.gif

We'll miss you at the match, Rob! Perhaps you can arrange to come next year. I hated it when work got in the way of what I was really interested in!

You'll be missed Rob, what about the rest of the Blaster boys?

Lindy I will be at the SH Cup come hell or high water! We have to put in for the next year's leave in December so knowing dates ahead of time helps alot as if you don't have the days off you have to hope there are enough on to take leave. Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't. More times the latter this past year. I wanted to try to make Terry and Jim's match too but again it's a no go. This year hasn't been good but I am going to try to make next year better.

427, I know Tony won't be there because he'll be in Mexico on vacation. Not sure about Kevin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll be missed Rob, what about the rest of the Blaster boys?
    </div></div>

Yes you will Rob. Hope to see you next time.

Now to get back on topic, looks like everyone that made in has started to get the email.

Guys

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I would like your input...

Being a Hide sponsor I have to donate some goods for the Cup ($250 retail value), and I would like to know what you would guys would like. Here are some ideas I was kicking around:

Condor Shooting Mat (my favorite piece of gear):
    http://www.hitechtactical.com/Condor-Sniper-Shooter-Mat.html

Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster (this is tough because everyone has different pistols):
    http://www.hitechtactical.com/Blackhawk-Level-2-Tactical-SERPA-Holster.html

Warrior Wear Tactical Pants (sizes being an issue):
    http://www.hitechtactical.com/Blackhawk-Warrior-Wear-Tactical-Pants.html

Harris Bipod
    Leupold Scope Rings
    PMAGs
    Choate Tactical Stock
    Under Armour Shirts

Let me know what suggestions you have if any.

Thanks

lots of people that show up....are members of the beef trust ...so XL and 2XL and long/tall sizes get scarfed up....Lisa and Frank would have a better handle and more specific trends......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lots of people that show up....are members of the beef trust ...so XL and 2XL and long/tall sizes get scarfed up....Lisa and Frank would have a better handle and more specific trends...... </div></div>

LOL Bolt-- Beef Trust, that's cause ya'll have too much good beef over there!!!!