• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2011 Operator Challenge - August 21, 2011

Jon Weiler

Private
Minuteman
opchal2.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">For Immediate Release: 2011 Operator Challenge</span>

The 2011 Operator Challenge is a 25 mile, 24-hour endurance shooting event that is open only to active duty Military Personnel and Law Enforcement Officers. The Operator Challenge is scheduled for August 21, 2011 and is held at the beautiful NRA Whittington Center. The event takes place throughout the most difficult terrain that the center has available. The Operator Challenge is a 24 hour training event focuses on both team based physical obstacles and real world scenario shooting events that are designed around engagements in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Operator Challenge is a two man team event designed to push the Operators to their limits with a series of combat focused physical events intermixed with scenario based shooting engagements. Each will utilize all firearm platforms, in varying degrees, over the 25 miles of rugged terrain.

The Operator Challenge is organized by Professional Marksmen Inc. of Sioux Falls, SD, who specializes in practical focused and long range precision shooting, and Combat Fitness Training Facility of Birmingham, AL, which is a functional fitness training facility that takes physical training to the highest level. Both owners are combat veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan and utilize their military training and combat experiences throughout the entirety of the course.

Registration is $300 per team and there is an event train-up posted on the 2011 Operator Challenge Facebook Page that is highly suggested when considering this endurance event.

For more information, contact Professional Marksman Inc. at 605-610-8598 and register online at:

Jon Weiler
Owner, Professional Marksmen Inc.
605-610-8598
[email protected]

Re: 2011 Operator Challenge - August 21, 2011

Jon,

I just sent you an Email in regards to your match.

Austin @ HDC

Why only LE and active duty Mil? No offense, just curious as to the thought process in the restrictions.

Best of luck to you in your match.

Dave,

I would imagine that with a sustained 24 hour match that involves land nav it would be a nightmare to have people who arent used to walking 25 miles over 24 hours with no sleep and in the woods with a compass and map. I would love to shoot this match and we are trying to think of way to make something like this happen down here.

I wasnt aware law enforcement recieved that type of training. props to that department. remind me to not tangle with the law wherever that is.

this match sounds interesting.. I'll have to check my schedule and see if I have the time to compete.

This competition is limited to Active Duty Military and Law Enforcement only because the scenario engagements are focused towards their individual mission. Competitors will not know the events ahead of time, but we offer a train-up day on August 20, 2011 so everyone can get comfortable with their surroundings. We are currently offering a physical train-up on the Operator Challenge Facebook Page, so take advantage of that.

The Operator Challenge is going to be a difficult event and we are looking forward to meeting those who choose to be put to the test. It will not be easy but it will be rewarding. Thank you for your interest in this event and please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you.

Man I wish this stuff was open to Civi's too.

You would be suprised what prior military would be able to do as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I wish this stuff was open to Civi's too.

You would be suprised what prior military would be able to do as well. </div></div>

Yeah plus 1 on the prior military statement. Kinda makes you want to make an awesome match with NO leo or mil allowed!

Is this an annual event? More specifically will there be one next year?

yea its a shame that Im not active anymore. This would be an awesome event and is right up my alley. You should really consider opening it up to proir military Im sure your field would be much larger

This event sounds like it would be amazing I hope this would be an annual thing.

This is an annual event that will continue to be hosted at the NRA Whittington Center. We schedule dates right after the competition for next year and will have them online right away. Thank you for your interest in the 2011 Operator Challenge and we hope to see you compete this year. This competition is designed to push limits and that is always a good thing.

We have also just scheduled a recreational endurance competition called The Survival Trial, which is scheduled September 10-11, 2011. This course is only open to non-tactical, recreational shooters and features survival based obstacles and real world shooting engagements. Registration is open to individuals or 2-person teams. We will post a press release of the competition on The Sniper's Hide later today. Take a look at The 2011 Survival Trial's Facebook Page for more information. Like the Operator Challenge, this is an extremely physical event coupled with very technical shooting and obstacle negotiation. More will follow on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I wish this stuff was open to Civi's too.

You would be suprised what prior military would be able to do as well. </div></div>

Yeah plus 1 on the prior military statement. Kinda makes you want to make an awesome match with NO leo or mil allowed! </div></div>

LOL that was funny.

Well here is my worthless opinion. I Think this is a function of perceived OPSEC and the the way old realities of the LE and MIL guys having the best gear and newest tech and not wanting to reveal those secrets.
HOWEVER this is no longer the reality of the shooting community at large, as most new innovations are coming from the private sector/ and former LE/ Mil, and most truly OPEN competitions are being won by active duty civilians
smile.gif
. Times have changed and it seems to have reversed that old school mentality/pattern. As the military shooting community always seems to progress/ do better when it incorporates civies into its shooting community at large. (Dont believe so? Where did the switch to .338 Lapua, the .300 Win Mag, and the current AR 10 platforms begin? With some civilian/former Mil or private sector guy convincing current Mil folks that maybe these platforms deserved a look see?)
Sounds like a great event though, but why not only advertise on a LE/ MIL restricted websites instead of this blended website??? So us civies dont have to whine like I am.
HMM Oh wait there arent any sites like that are there , just private sector ones.
Ironic isnt it?