• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 "GAP GRIND" @ K&M ***RESULTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS***

Re: 2012 "GAP GRIND" 10/26-10/28 @ K&M

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surefire is providing the necessary bags for you Sean! </div></div>

Sweet!

Below is the updated sponsors list. Thank and support these companies for what they do for our community. There might be a few more to add, I need to get with George to finish closing it out.

We are excited to have all of you down and host this awesome event. It will be very fun! No one is going to puke though, you whiny little girls.
wink.gif

Also – support the PRS in growing our sport and buy a raffle ticket to win a custom GAP Rifle. George was kind enough to donate the rifle so the PRS can assist and promote more matches like these across the country. We will raffle it off at the match on Sunday; you don’t need to be there to win!

Shannon

Picture2.png

Whoa.... Prize Table just took a bump up! Our Web Developers rolled up with this!

They also did the event T-Shirt design and the design for Team Lone Wolf, an event favorite!

10i9b2s.jpg

I am bummed that I can't make it: Duty calls.
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am bummed that I can't make it: Duty calls.
</div></div>

Graham, I hear you brother. Wish I could have made this one.

Shannon, thanks from LAC for the tag. And to you guys that are coming to K&M for the Grind, get ready to have a blast. These guys have been busting their tails to make this match the best of the 2012 season. I'm lucky to have K&M PRT in my backyard.

Initially GA Precisions Requirement for the event t-shirt was that every sponsor was listed with Logos, or at least text...

There where so many sponsors this was not possible on the event shirt.

If we listed everyone of the sponsors this is what the event shirt would have looked like!

ALSO THANKS TO ALL THE SPONSORS:

GA Precision Official GAP GRIND PAGE

vram9g.jpg

Less than 5 hours away, wish i could make it. Know i'll have test that Monday. That being said my rifle is at the smith. More time to get in better shape i guess.

Shooters,

We had a busy weekend getting everything polished. The facility is ready to host you all for this awesome event. The weather looks to be setting up perfectly. Cool in the am hours, with highs in the low 80s and zero rain! Let’s hope it holds. A few final notes:

<span style="font-style: italic">Round count for the train-up is 100 rounds.

Round count for the Match is 180 or 200 rounds to be safe with some zeroing on Friday.

<span style="font-weight: bold">All competitors must sign in on Friday from 3pm until 7pm. If you think you will have issues send me a note. All competitors will receive their COF book, shooter bags and complete all paperwork at this time. </span>

The zero range will be open from 3pm until dark. 100 yard range only, the rest of the range will be closed to reset from the train-up and prep for the match.

Do not use your GPS as the sole provider for navigation. Print out the directions from our website and follow those. If you find yourself coming north on long dirt roads you will never make it (on time anyway). Once you get close signs will be posted, it is not hard, but some GPS units can send you off where entrances do not exist.

<span style="font-weight: bold">We will start on time for EVRYTHING! At 7am have gear in hand and be ready to go!</span>

From Thursday on we will all be at the range with minimal cell coverage and might not be able to effectively communicate until the evening hours. Plan accordingly.</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Looking forward to hosting you guys! Travel safe.</span>

shannon i'll be there shortly look forward to working with you guys.

Great news shooters!

We were going to keep this “in house” for awhile and then introduce it at SHOT next year but after impressive results from our BETA model and solid commitments from our suppliers we are almost ready to launch. This product will take the shooting community to new heights! Guaranteed to improve your shooting ability or your money back.

In conjunction with Frank Galli from Sniper"s Hide and K&M Precision Rifle Training we are thrilled to show you the first “Sniper Stage Booster”! This product will be displayed and used in public for the first time at the 2012 “GAP Grind". Soon be to be “must have” in your equipment list the stage booster is will actually let you see the targets you are shooting at! No other product on the market can make these claims. Mindless Match Directors from K&M that design stages for the 6 foot and over crowd will no longer be a problem. Now everyone can be a grown up and compete and the same level!

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Key Features:</span></span>
Two tie down and carrying ports
Doulbles as a sitting stool when needed
Flat all terrain base for solid footing
8 Inches of additional height
10x14 foot platform
Weight: Less than 5lbs
Colors: OD, TAN and MULTI CAM
Price: (TBA) est. $150.00
Available: Spring 2013

Photo – test model only – finished product will be painted and autographed by none other then Frank Galli! There will be cool K&M and Snipers Hide logos on it too!

photo-1.jpg

OK, THAT was funny!

Are you sure we can't pre order now? Will any prototypes be available to take home?

PLEASE tell me there will be one on the prize table!!!

May I suggest an updated acronym?

Snipers
Higher
Orders
Reality
Tool

I just want to see Mike cart him around Master Blaster style!

I see it's 8" tall, will that be tall enough for Frank?

See y'all next week

Mick

One of our local shooters (John) is about the same height as Lowlight. Our concern for John would be that the step would be to tall...just sayin'.

All this build up but we will have to postpone the jokes.

Chatted with Frank today and he is in route to care for his mom who has fallen ill. So he won't be attending the match. Let's keep him and his mother in our prayers.

Once all is well, its back on!

Shannon

I appreciate the jokes, it definitely lightened the mood in a most welcome way. I chuckled when I saw the stool.

The GAP GRIND is definitely the event of the year and I hate that I have to miss it, but it is far more important I head back to CT and take care of things back there.

Mom is heading to Columbia in NYC in the morning and I fly into LGA so we can get a handle on her care. She's not out of the woods yet and you know things are serious when Yale New Haven says you need to go to Columbia. It's been a tough couple of days, and we aren't through yet, I sincerely appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

I want to thank Shannon for understanding as it was not my intention to back out, and I know that puts a crunch on Match Directors when they plan things out, lots of coordination.

Have a safe and fun match, K&M puts on a helluva event, looking forward to 2013.

I'm sorry to hear that Frank, will send prayers.

If anyone needs a few AR500 steel targets and wants to save a few bucks on shipping, shoot me a pm today or tomorrow. I will be coming down and will have a little room in the car for targets. I won't be able to fit large targets like dueling trees or plate racks, but should have room for targets and brackets.

Also, if anyone has an extra SO Tech or similar A5 skidplate please shoot me a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey I need that website gift cert John!!!

Frank, we will keep you in our thoughts

Have a great time at the shoot everyone. </div></div>

Glen,

I guess that will be given away from a ticket draw.

There are some rules such as... it cant be used for a start up, and is not transferable outside of match sponsors and participants.

Really it is aimed at helping someone in the community get a great kick start or even a complete smaller site that rocks.

Even for a company that has a full time "IT" dude that is stretched thin, we can roll in rock out the site, then let that guy take up day to day duties and really make his time more effective.

Send Shooters there for seekins and maybe they win! Have shooters enter the raffle in your stead if thats possible.

Tony from blaster might tackle the winner and physically take the ticket.

Good luck to everyone!

Can't wait for this match. Always a fun time when THE Dave is involved.

Also, I am in the same predicament as OSU in that I am looking for the sotech A5 skid plate. PM me if you are going and have extra to sell.

No lasers according to Bryan.

I am really going to miss shooting this match. Good luck to everyone and have fun

I found black sotech A5 skid plates at brownells. I had one overnighted yesterday. It may not be pretty, but it will work. If I had known I would have got one for you too.

Great first day. A lot of wind and cold. We're seeing some of the best shooters in the country come together and put on one hell of a show. These guys are true professionals and them coupled with the awesome facility at K&M.... What more could you ask for. We at LAC are glad to have made the sponsors list.

Looks awesome! Wish I could have been there, but family duty calls today (birthday!) and I had to give up my spot. Looking forward to seeing the results guys!

Thanks for the great pics. Looks like a great match. K&M looks awesome as well.

What a freakin great match!....

Already back and in the shop with coffee and the usual “lost” look on my face. Everything we did was sooooo challenging yet soooo doable. The trick was figuring out each problem and then executing. Floyd and I were laughing at my stage scores because it looked like binary code....1,0,1,0,0,1... so I definitely didn't think some of it through.

John was able to handle up the best on this one while Dustin and Jeff were breathing down his neck (sometimes literally). Congratulations to everybody that attended. There is no way that you could work through this competition and not come back a better shooter.

Brian and Shannon proved that the Spring competition was not just a fluke and put together one of the most comprehensive problem solving competitions that I have been to. George had them twist it around so that there was plenty of “Grind” to the effort needed to succeed. Thank you to all three of you for making sure this was a top shelf competition.

Shannon, I tried to personally tell all of your help “thank you” and yet I’m pretty sure I made it out of there without shaking your hand and telling you the same thing. I am very, very pleased to know you and Brian. Your effort at competing as well as putting on a competition is appreciated. Both make our sport that much better and continues to push the evolution of our abilities.

Thank you to Rich and all of the PRS body for forming a common catalyst that will also grow our art in a positive direction.

The vendor support was huge and the prize table reflected it. One unique thing about this event was that many of the leading industry people not only came to K&M for the weekend but helped officiate and staff the events. Huge “Thank You” to all for that. Very cool.

Always a pleasure to see many of my friends again and certainly make new friends and put names and faces together for the first time from past correspondence. Two things that I really appreciated and thought about on the drive back to Louisiana….
1: The young men that attended this competition from 5th Group and other elements of our military. It really means a lot for me to be able to personally tell them that I appreciate what they do and also spend some time with them shooting and BS’ing. Great guy’s and I am thrilled to see some young people coming up through the pipeline of such high caliber. I can assure you that we really do have the best at the pointy tip of the spear when needed. Thank you guys.....seriously, really, ...no kidding.

2: I got a huge lift out of seeing several shooters make this their first shoot and especially thought it was cool to see some shooters that just started shooting this year progress so well. Mark Rosset is one of them. Really nice guy, determined and focused. He seems quiet but really he is busy thinking about how he is going to break down a problem and whip everybody’s **** on an event. Watch out for Mark. He has what it takes to snatch some of these comps out from under some of the best.

I hope everyone has a safe trip home and I look forward to seeing you again.
Best,
Terry

P.S.: Where the heck where you Frank? I though you were coming out? We missed you and you missed an awesome event.

This was an awesome event and was filled with great shooters. This was the first time I had the privilege to shoot at K&M. It is a fantastic facility and big thanks to George, B. Morgan, Shannon, all the RO's, and sponsors who made this happen.

I met some great new people and was able to catch up with some old faces as well. I was honored to be able to represent Copper Creek Ammo for this match. Copper Creek's ammo is top notch!!

Greene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scores? </div></div>

Check the PRS facebook page....