• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 K&M Precision Rifle Comp **RESULTS & PHOTOS**

Re: 2012 K & M Precision Rifle Competition - 3-4 March

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you just go down and buy some 1/4-28 allen bolts(if Rem) at home depot and trim them to length? Or whatever size if another action. </div></div>

His is a savage.

I am heading up there on Thursday morning from Pensacola. If someone needs a ride let me know. I also have a 20" 700 SPS Tactical and a DPMS TAC-20 if someone needs a spare rifle that had theirs go tits-up.

Place is looking great and we are pumped for this weekend!

For those who are coming in early, don't be shy. Come on by the range and say hello.

Looks like we might be a little wet on Sat, so plan accordingly.

Any of you guys have a OLD savage bolt head laying around? It looks like I am going to be ejectorless on mine. My bolt is very old and it seems to be a different dimention than the one I got last week from Brownells. Even with all the slop. Ejectors are not removable when they go down and get stuck. I have burnt every carbide bit I have. No worries if not, Ill just knock them out when I cycle I guess. Still going to be a pain in the ass. If you have one that you will part with and are coming down to the match could you throw it in your kit? Maybe it will headspace. Let me know ahead of time if you can.
Thanks,
T

Below is a timeline refresher. There have been small changes since the announcement, so we wanted to get everyone on board in case they missed it.

Once Thursday comes around we will be up at the range pretty much full time, with limited cell and internet service. Please continue to send your questions/concerns ahead of time so we can help you out.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Round Count</span>
Train-up - 100 rounds
Match - 175 rounds

<span style="font-weight: bold">TIMELINE (CST</span>)
<span style="font-weight: bold">Friday, 2 March 2012 – Competition Train-up – Competitor Zero Range Open</span>7:00 am Train-up begins
3:00 pm Train-up complete
3:00pm-until dark 100yd zero range open for competitors to confirm zero

<span style="font-weight: bold">Saturday, 3 March 2012 – Match Day 1</span>7:00am Welcome and safety briefing
7:30am Match Starts
6:00pm Day 1 complete

<span style="font-weight: bold">Sunday, 4 March 2012 – Match Day 2</span>7:30am Day 2 starts
3:00pm Match Ends
3:30pm Awards/prize table

<span style="font-weight: bold">Printable Directions - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU USE YOUR GARMIN</span>
http://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/General-directions.pdf

I'll be staying at the Baymont Inn and Suites. If anyone else is staying there or close by that wants to save a few bucks on rental car fees I've got wheels with room for 3 passengers and an unlimited amount of gear.

Just PM me and I'll shoot you my cell number.

No Pistol needed correct?

Correct - no pistol in this match.

Train-up guys (and gals) pack a lunch for Friday. There will no time to leave during the train-up.

I'm really bummed I'm not going to make it. I have been fighting a horrid chest cold and now maybe bronchitis. Figured I woul d keep it to myself instead of spreading the wealth.... You can thank me later
smile.gif
. Have fun and take lots of pics....

Hallah' at me anyone driving West to East through Shreveport if you have a seat. I'm doing train-up

No big though. Own wheels are good.
wink.gif

Just loaded up the rest of my rounds. I might have a spare bed in my hotel room for anyone THAT I KNOW that needs a place.

barney you know anyone in SE Louisiana that has 140amax and h4350 in stock? i dont have enough supplies to load ammo for match lol and noone real close has any in stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">barney you know anyone in SE Louisiana that has 140amax and h4350 in stock? i dont have enough supplies to load ammo for match lol and noone real close has any in stock</div></div>

I don't have any 140's, but I've got an extra 8lbs of H4350 I can sell ya if you want to pick it up in Harvey. I'll put it in the truck this morning just in case you do.

I'm like Ritten I could help on powder. Check LA Gun and reloading in BR or call Waggenspack guns for the bullets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much ritten? im interested</div></div>

Whatever it would cost to replace it. Powder valley shows it for $173 after hazmat shipping.

How many 140s do you need?

Hoff,

Cabelas might have some. Everytime I go there I see some different reloading stuff.

You knew you were in this match for a month and a half and you are just NOW trying to find and buy components and load ammo 3 days before? LOL Preparation is the first stage of any match
wink.gif

no i didnt know if i would be able to compete due to the action screws, found a temporary fix on friday.

and i called cabelas and they only have the 140 bergers

in destin. cant wait for class tomorrow and to finally meet some of you fellers over the next couple of days.there will be a ton to learn from a field of this kinda talent!!!!

My office has flooded in yesterdays flash floods in ky. I am still mopping and cleaning. I got all of water vaced up today and got the fans on. More mopping to go. You can't just shut down in my business. More of the same expected tomorrow.
Thanks,
T

sorry to hear that todd. hope everything dries out

Todd that's awful. Are you still going to be able to make it this weekend?

I am absoutly not going to make it. I still have too much work to do.

I just picked up my ammo from walmart I'm ready.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up my ammo from walmart I'm ready.</div></div>

Just picked up Captain Morgan and Coke at Hooters... I'm ready

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up my ammo from walmart I'm ready. </div></div>
you get boots and food also?
get the remington corelokt if it's a 260

What about your pancho or plastic golf rainsuit? I think you forgot a few items.

Sure hope everything is going well with the match and that everyone is safe.
Just saw a tornado watch and a severe thunderstorm watch in effect for that area this afternoon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okie Gordon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure hope everything is going well with the match and that everyone is safe.
Just saw a tornado watch and a severe thunderstorm watch in effect for that area this afternoon.</div></div>

Rained all day, but no severe weather. Shannon and Bryan are putting on an awesome match at an equally awesome facility.

1st day standings:

1 - John Sommers
2 - Jeff Badley
3 - Rich Emmons
4 - Tom Lancaster
5 - Dustin Morris

A little less than half the match to go. Hoping for sunny skies tomorrow!

awesome match! had a great time even though my performance was the worst in the past year. great match, cof, ro's, and shooters.

will post aar tomorrow

i even got to meet frank in person even if his 1st thing he said was a joke about the truck i was driving haha

great shooting guys cant wait till the next one

Don't hold that against him, not everybody has cool trucks like we do in Louisiana

DAMN I'm tired! I hated having to be back in Louisiana and working early this morning.

I know for certain Shannon, Bryan and all of your staff have to be dragging after herding us around all weekend. Especially with the extra effort needed to keep us safe and keep the competition moving in the rain all day Saturday, I'm sure none of you needed to be rocked to sleep last night. Thank you very, very much for letting us into your property for a super good rifle competition.

I have to say that the K&M competition immediately established itself in the top tier of tactical rifle matches. Everything was very well thought out. Scoring was super quick and immediate feedback was available. This was handy to the new shooters as well as the veterans for figuring out what you did right and wrong. Staffing was professional and efficient.

While the K&M facility is new and still being refined, it has to be ranked as one of the top tactical rifle facilities in the U.S. The range may have been new but Shannon and Brian are definitely NOT new to this scene. That is the reason they were able to hit a home run the first pitch of the game.

Extra thanks to many of the range officers. Most of you would have usually been competing. We all appreciate you giving up the chance to shoot so that you could help make the match a success.

The prize table was awesome too. Thank you very much to all of the individuals and businesses that donated to the match. All prizes from large to small mean money and time out of your life to support our art.

Congratulations to John Sommers! That was super solid shooting all weekend. Ditto to Dustin, Jeff and on down the line.

Special congratulations to the 1st time shooters and shooters that didn't finish very high on the list this time around. I say this because you are 1000 times better off than if you had not attended. I can't believe that you could have been in any of those squads and not picked up experience that will make you a better rifle driver. You just can't get that from the internet or magazines. If this was your first time to compete, I hope the other shooters treated you well. Hats off to you for jumping into the fight.

Thank you to all of my friends for letting me be a part of your life. Those laughs and smiles will be what I remember the most down the road.

Thanks for getting out and shooting with us Lowlight. This weekend should prove that Frankie can still jump into a huge dogfight of a rifle comp and practice what he preaches. Very solid shooting Frank and it was good to see you again.

Everybody have a safe week. I'll be busy the rest of the week getting sand out of all sorts of personal and rifle related cracks.

Best,
Terry

This match was AMAZING! This was my first time at a national level event and the level of talent was simply impressive.

I was lucky enough to attend the cherry breaker at K&M during the Panhandle Challenge and what Shannon and Brian's team accomplished in such a short period of time is simply astounding, and to have such a facility within driving distance is a game changer for shooters across the southeast.

I predict that this match didn't merely put K&M on the map...it made it a national landmark in the precision rifle community.

Go BIG or go home has new meaning...

K&M Precision!

A simply brilliant job guys and a well deserved Bravo Zulu to you and all of the sponsors.

Dave

OH YEAH!!!! I almost forgot....

I am not sure who if anybody made a call to make it happen or the dude just did it on his own but the F4 Corsair doing 2 VERY low level buzzes down the range Sunday was M()&tha F9^*king AWESOME! We thought you were going to have to use your windshield wipers to clear the pine needles off of your front windscreen!

I hope you saw me giving you a double thumbs up. I was the one holding a rifle and wearing muddy camo.
smile.gif

Thank you very much for taking the time and burning the Av Gas. Super classy and EVERYBODY was jazzed by your flying and your plane.

AMERICA!!! Hell Yeah!

To all km staff, you guys did awesome!!!! This was the most fun shooting ive ever had. I learned so much about how i need to be training and what tools i will need to get the job done efficently.the course setup/desighn was so well thought up it challenged all aspects of driving a rifle.most of all, i could tell that ALL of you guys wanna grow the sport and get new shooters on the right track to shoot smart. Thanks to all, home run for sure!!!!!