• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 K&M Precision Rifle Comp **RESULTS & PHOTOS**

Re: 2012 K & M Precision Rifle Competition - 3-4 March

<span style="font-size: 11pt">Conducting a match like this one begins six months out. Two weeks out several guys work every day preparing the range. Sponsors must be contacted numerous times in some cases. The two nights before the shoot they remain up repairing and preparing the range and prize table. Up to 20 persons can be required to produce an event like this. But don't let that scare you. Some of us owe the rest of us a match.
confused.gif

Competence and professionalism. Brian and Shannon were both. Both those assets are rare character traits in the staff during a match, in my experience. The last thing shooters want in a match is a freak screaming cursing insults to exacerbate stress levels. This staff was courteous, even polite. The staffs' positive, thoughtful attitude helps our sport by encouraging new shooters to continue developing their skills and interest. Thank you for your patience.

I enjoyed getting acquainted with those I hadn't met, and seeing friends again.

Sponsors: to me at least, whether a vendor contributes to a match matters a lot to me. Certainly, I don't buy a product I have not heard of, and one thing I consider when shopping is whether the outfit contributed to matches I've shot or helped produce. Thank you sponsors, but it only serves your own pocket book.

Congratulations John, Dustin, Jeff. May everyone return home safe and (peacefully), and y'all come see us at Long Range Alley in Shreveport.

P.S. Some guys stab fists into the air when their favorite team scores. I do that when a Corsair strafes a live rifle range with me on it. I wanted you to do it again and again. Thank you very much for the air show.

</span>

Finally got a chance to get to a computer and post.

WOW!!!!! that will sum this match up in one word!!!

I have known Shannon for quite some time and I have always considered him to be one of the most squared away professional guys I know. What him and Brian pulled off this week 100% amazed me!!

These guys built a state of the art training facility in the middle of know where in less then 8 weeks. This place is built for long range shooters and was built to be able to host matches as well as conduct some serious training.

I felt like i was at a country club for long range shooting besides the mud LOL. If you were not at this match you missed it.

I am already putting my vote in for this Venue to be the Grand Finale of the PRS next year. I can only imagine what this place will look like in 6 months once they add all the stuff they want to do!!

Either way great match, flawless in every aspect job well done to the K&M staff and RO's.

Congrats to the shooters there was some serious hammering going on and it was a epic battle. I enjoyed watching it unfold.

Also big thanks to the PRS for there roll in this as well as the side match support it was fun.

Also thanks to all the great sponsors!!

As always it was great seeing all my old shooting buddies as well as meeting some new shooters and others I have talked with on the net.

Look forward to seeing everyone again in the next few weeks.

Happy shooting
Tony

I ended up grabbing a flight last night instead of today so I got back a few hours early.

Man, what a great match, if this is an example of what Shannon & Brian can do in 8 weeks, imagine what it will be like in 8 months. The place they built is top notch and like the others said, designed to train shooters and host matches. So well thought out with a central pavilion and lots of challenging stages. Guys, you can be proud of the facility you built.

The Competition / Course of Fire they designed was excellent. The entire match was a challenge and we didn't waste any rounds for the sake of driving up the round count. What we shot had value in both competitiveness and training. It gave you the ability to learn something from every mistake as well as every hit. Great job on putting that together, it's a tough balance and you did it well.

Thanks to all the ROs, you guys did an excellent job of moving the competitors, being consistent and fair to all. The flow of the match was very good, and that was all thanks to you guys and girls who manned the firing lines.

To all the competitors, you men and women were there fighting the rain, hitting the targets and making it look easy despite the difficult conditions and challenging course of fire. Every one was safe and speedy, which made the match truly enjoyable for me.

This was the first time back shooting a national level match of any kind since at least 2007, and while things have changed, it was great seeing everyone there, a bit like a home coming which is always nice. I appreciate all the kind words from everyone I was able to shake hands with.

My Special Shout out's:

First and foremost to my Team Blaster partner in crime, Nomad, thanks for letting me be a part of the crew and shoot under the Team Blaster banner. Great job on the Side match win and the support you provided, before, during & after the match. It made the weekend fun, every minute. It never felt like chore because we were able to keep it light and breezy, and that is what it is all about.

To Terry Cross, sir, it was awesome shooting alongside you all weekend, and just being able to see you an catch up. I was so glad you were right in front of me so I can learn how to execute a stage effectively, because watching you shoot it just smooth. I had a great time, and being a squad like we had really helped me get back into the swing of things.

George Gardner, always a pleasure.
smile.gif
You were definitely the unsung hero of the weekend and your hard work didn't go unnoticed. Thanks a bunch for everything as always...

I want to shout out to the PRS guys, Rich, Wade, Kevin, Morris' Tim, John, etc... the whole crew. You guys definitely set the bar to a new level, you can't make a single mistake around these guys nor can you play a stage safe. These guys are there to win it and they know how to get the job done. I appreciate the civil conversations regardless of where we might disagree. John great job on the win !

Scott Parks, Outstanding match, you were on fire ! The level of support you and Vortex are giving this community is second to none. Not only are you there shooting alongside everyone and rocking the competition, you're pouring in more support than anyone else I know. If you are reading this, Vortex Optics IS the gold standard for supporting the shooting community.

Rogan, Don, Ryan, Jeff Badley et al, nice job guys and way to support the community. good seeing you and being able to have a laugh. Jeff outstanding shooting, you are hardcore competitor and I really like watching you do those run and gun stages. If you want to see a lesson in fast & accurate, Jeff is the man.

To the Sponsors, I want to thank you for supporting the community. I know there are a lot of choices out there for matches to support and it is tough. But your efforts are noted and we really appreciate everything you put on the table.

Guys look at who is supporting this community... these are the companies and people you need to supporting with your money.

Finally my personal thanks,

To Andrew McCourt, Dude the ammo was smoking. FYI for the readers, I was planning on bringing my AW rifle, but after looking at the buzz i decided to change my mind a bit. However Andrew had created me a load for my 21" 260 barrel using a 139gr Scenar... he sent this FLA ahead of time for me. One Tuesday I switched to a bit lighter rifle opting to use a braked 260 at 24" instead of running my suppressor on the AW. This ammo was a laser... on the Tuesday before the match Andrew had a box of 50 to my house so I could zero the match ammo to my new rifle and and chronograph it. I ran the whole match based off that data printed out, and never once chased my data. It was accurate / consistent and I can see once the rust is knocked off, me competing for the win using McCourt Munitions.

Mile High Shooting, to Diann, Randy and especially Adam, right before the match when I decided to switch rifles, I brought my GAP Barreled Action to Mile High for an AX Chassis. I know the recoil lug was way too big for the AX Chassis, but Adam milled it down and fit it. We assembled and adjusted it there in shop, I set the scope up on their floor and then took it to the indoor range to zero. The decision was the right one, the AX chassis was just what this competition wanted. It fit me like a glove. Thanks.

Trigger Time Gun Club, thanks to Paul & Co for a great indoor Centerfire Range. Had snow, cold and all those conditions you find in Denver to not want to hit the outside range. I was able to zero & chronograph indoors before the match which was a life saver for me.

Well this has been too long winded as it is... I appreciate the invite from Shannon and Pimp Skittles there... and truly enjoyed myself. You will see me again, and again, thank you again. Looking forward to the GAP Fall Match @ K&M.

Fantastic job by Shannon, Brian and the rest of the guys that put this match on. I look forward to the fall match.

Shannon & Bryan:
Thanks for the effort and the outstanding facility. I can not tell you how impressive that it is that 8 weeks ago it was natural terrain covered in trees and y'all put on a highly focused and well managed major match. Wish my gear would have held up, but there is next time.

To those that didn't make it - you really need to visit the K&M facility - great folks, great place.

Thanks,
Jim Hanks
A.K.A Broke Bolt

Re: 2012 K&M Precision Rifle Competition **RESULTS**

Special thanks to Shannon and Bryan for coming together and starting K&M. What an awesome facility!! You guys have certainly hit a home run, as was said earlier. This match is why I started shooting in the first place. I left this weekend with more skill, knowledge, understanding, fun memories, friends, and sand than I started with. The stages were challenging but had plenty of fun factor instilled to keep even the newest shooter in the game. I don't have a lot of these matches under my belt, but have to say I walked away with the biggest grin on my face after one. Shannon, the Friday train up was well worth the money. I learned so much that I don't get to practice on my home range with movers, long range, and the one on one advice that you and George were able to lend concerning milling, positional shooting, etc. Thank y'all for offering it to us.

Once again the sponsors that stepped up and made the prize table look like my shopping list the day after winning the lottery was completely humbling. As a small company owner I hope to one day be able to promote the sport the way you guys do. Not only do I use y'all products in my own shooting gear, but have proudly become a dealer for a lot of you and recommend your stuff to customers as well. It's easy to do when you see it out on the line performing so well. Know that the exposure it gets in these matches is exponential.

John, Dustin, Jeff, and all the other competitors who rose to the top showed some solid shooting on a challenging course made even more difficult by mother nature. Congratulations guys, you earned it!!

Wish I could of made the match. It sounded like everyone had a great time.

Congrats to everyone that got to participate and a big congratulations to John S. Excellent shooting!!!!

Has anyone noticed how well Scott Parks is shooting lately? If they haven't, they are now
laugh.gif
(5th place finish among a very tough group of competitors). Impressive!!!

Shannon, Bryan... A fly by of vintage Corsair!!! Really? Are you kidding me? How are the rest of us MD's gonna keep up with that?

Actually folks, that was the icing on what was an awesomely prepared cake. My hats off to you for building such a wonderful facility, and then mixing in a killer match. I am already looking forward to the next event.

Then there were the shooters. Y'all rocked some seriously fun and challenging stages. Congratulations to John, Dustin, and Jeff for the podium finishes.

Thanks to George, Mike, Don and all the others that stepped up to RO and gave back to our sport. You guys were great. Mike, remember, RTFB!

Thanks as well to the sponsors that provided such a wonderful prize table. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Morris family... you guys rock! Thanks for the hospitality that you showed us in Rayville after a long and grueling weekend. Ask Grandma what time breakfast is in the morning. I just might drive back 5 hours just to enjoy the wonderful food and the company of such a great family.

Finally, thanks to Captain Fishbowl for hanging out in my truck with me for the 24 hour round trip. It was great sharing stories with you. BTW, don't quit your day job and become a navigator! Good luck to you and ROB/BOB/ROBERT with the Shreveport match. I'm sure you will kill it just as Brian and Shannon did.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Ceylon and Delta Outdoorsman for sponsoring me to go to this match. Guys I appreciate it so much it's hard to express it. I can't say thank you enough, I had a great time and learned a ton!

to the whole K&M crowd- you guys did it right, and put on an awesome match. I think everyone else has said about everything there is to say about it- i'll leave it at that.- thanks for letting me have the upstairs penthouse suite!!

hope to see everyone at another K&M event or elsewhere!

steve mcauley
p.s- i got the second fly-by on video- i'll wait a day or two for everyone's emails that want it, then i'll send ONE mass email out with it on there. just pm your email to me if you want it...

I'd like to give a huge thanks to Shannon and Bryan for another fantastic match!

Congrats to John for the victory! It seems he should hold the world record for working a bolt. It's amazing to see. Humble and a standup guy.

Way to go Dustin for a strong second day. It was cool watching you light it up!!

Thanks Wade, Benjie, and Jim for all the help during the rain. I owe you guys!

To all the new friends and old, can't wait to see you guys again on the range.

Take care and God Bless

Shannon & Bryan you guys ROCK. What Tony said in one word WOW.
Thank you for a great match and a solid weekend of shooting.

Many thanks to the RO's for a safe and enjoyable match.

Special THANKS to the many sponsors that generously donated to the prize table, it was awesome.

Congrats to John, Dustin, & Jeff--- good shooting.

What a pleasure to see some of the top shooters in the country at this match, it was great to see you guys in action.

Looking forward to the next time, be safe and good shooting.

Best regards

Mark

Ditto to all of the great compliments about the match. It was a great experience all around. Thank you!

Thanks to all of the sponsors. It was an impressive list of sponsors for this match.

Does anyone have more backgorund info on the Corsair that flew a Close Air support mission for us. That was impressive. Someone said he is a hide member.

Here are a few pictures from the match

5xtow9.jpg

x0r85w.jpg

wlbrpt.jpg

358pi1k.jpg

sec6fc.jpg

These next 4 you can see the white (greyish from all the bullet impacts) mover traversing the track from right to left.

2pove4z.jpg

30b3edl.jpg

20uxwya.jpg

2hp0krl.jpg

Wow! What a weekend, I'm just now getting a chance to express my thanks to everyone involved in putting this great match on. The weather went from soaking rain Saturday to pristine conditions Sunday morning, and a couple strafes from a Corsair added to the excitement. Shannon, Brian and all the others did a lot of work in a short amount of time, and it really showed.
I want to thank the ROs for their hard work and outstanding conduct. I never once heard a single complaint from a competitor; my hat is off to you guys.

Sponsors, you really stepped up to support this match and the shooting sport as a whole. I've only shot a few matches, but when I consistently see sponsors at events like this; they get my business.

Finally I want to personally thank George Gardner for both ROing and contributing to the prize table one of the finest guns made. This was the premier prize of the match. After shooting a stage (and missing) George had an uncanny way of complementing me and letting me know I screwed up. I picked his brain a couple of times on technical issues with guns and equipment and he was always eager to lend advice. To be so lucky and win a GA Precision custom made rifle was THE paramount moment for me, a great rifle from a great guy. Now when I don't hear the word IMPACT, I won't be able to blame my gun.

Thanks again everybody. A lot of hard work by a bunch of great guys and girls made it happen for the enjoyment of everybody else.

Sincerely

Grant

I almost forgot to say thanks to GrantB, Ritten, Barney and Don for making it to this comp. I am glad to see others from my state making the effort to get out and see the bigger picture. Everytime you come back from one of these, you carry with you the ability to share info and techniques with your friends and other club members. All of this gives you the ability to be a mentor to others. It helps grow our sport, make better rifle shooters and even educate those that can't or wont shoot.

Everybody be safe.

What an amazing match. That was the fourth match I have competed. It was for sure the best match of the four. I really appreciate all the hard work Bryan and Shannon put into the range, and COF. They really did a great job at keeping everything fair.

Just a quick thanks to all the other competitors for showing good sportsmanship. I learned so much from watching all of you.

Bryan and Shannon another thank you for putting on one heck of a match!!! I know you two are due for some R&R. The COF was challenging but achievable (if you are on your game).

I would also like to thank the ROs you guys and gals were awesome, kept thing moving and were professional about it. That many people and to keep the flow as smooth as it was says a lot.

Thanks to all the vendors you guys stepped up in a big way.

As always it was good to see everyone again!!!

Congratulations John, Dustin, Jeff

A few new guys I shot with did awesome for the first time out; you guys did better than you think. Keep up the good work and the best of luck with your new addiction, lol.

I honestly dont think I have ever been to a "bad" match, but there are certainly those that stand out and this match stood out in a BIG way.

What an impressive facility. I have been to a number training facilities and K&M may be the nicest I have seen to date and they literally just started clearing trees 2 months ago, unbelievable!!! I cant even imagine what it will be like 2 years from now, it might have to be called the Rifle Training Metropolis.

What can I say that hasn't already been said. The match was awesome. The stages were very challenging for the experienced shooters of the sport yet there were stages that were very doable for any first timers that came out. In my book that is HUGE. The last thing anyone wants to do is scare off any beginners by having an insanely difficult course of fire. The main objective is to grow the sport and I would say this match very easily achieved that.

Brian and Shannon, you guys are unbelievable. Everything from the facility, to the match,to the scoring, to the sponsors, WOW!!! What a way to debut!!!!

George Gardner, man I know it had to be hard for you to watch everyone else shoot while you RO'd. Well I am just here to say that we sure as heck appreciate it Sir. You are a staple of this community and it wouldn't be the same without you. You are always willing to help guys when they need it, whether they are new or experienced and that says a lot. So THANK YOU.

To all the other RO's and score keepers, Mike Rogan(pleasure seeing you as always),Ron Alvarez(nice to see you again Ron), Brian's daughter(hope you didnt get to cold on Saturday) and a bunch of others- Thank you so much for all you did this weekend and sticking it out through the not so great weather on Saturday
smile.gif

Terry Cross, what can I say. I have looked up to you even before I knew you. Having you as what I would call a friend now is simply just an honor. You have done more for this sport than I think you will ever know, and continue to do so. Thanks so much for sponsoring yet another match. I look forward to putting the KMW stock to good use once I get her all put together.BTW, we do need to get the whole muzzle brake segregation movement going again
smile.gif

I would also like to congratulate my friends John,Dustin,Jeff,and Rich on there exceptional performances. You guys are packed up pretty tight on that score sheet.

What a great match. Wasn't until I was typing this that I even remembered that it rained most of the day Saturday- It was just that great of a match. I cant wait to go back.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH YEAH!!!! I almost forgot....

I am not sure who if anybody made a call to make it happen or the dude just did it on his own but the F4 Corsair doing 2 VERY low level buzzes down the range Sunday was M()&tha F9^*king AWESOME! We thought you were going to have to use your windshield wipers to clear the pine needles off of your front windscreen!

I hope you saw me giving you a double thumbs up. I was the one holding a rifle and wearing muddy camo.
smile.gif

Thank you very much for taking the time and burning the Av Gas. Super classy and EVERYBODY was jazzed by your flying and your plane.

AMERICA!!! Hell Yeah! </div></div>

I was shooting the movers on the tower when that guy came over. I think I soiled myself a little when he came over the tower on the first pass. I could feel him coming and I could hear everyone reacting to something haul'n @$$ my way but I had no clue what it was and that mover wasn't stopping for a piss break. I got to see him on the second pass over and that little barrel roll was awesome. He definitely gets a thumbs up from me. I'm gonna pack some depends for the next match though.

To Shannon, Brian and all the RO's you guys rocked this one out of the park. Under the weather circumstances everyone remained positive and that made a huge difference in everyone's mood. I really don't think you could have done a better more professional job than what you guys did. My hat goes off to you and thanks for everything!

Hopefully someone has some video of that plane. I know Patrick did. I'm sure people weren't snapping too many photos in the rain on day one but if anyone has anymore photos I'd love to see them.

I didn't attend the match but got feedback from several guys I know who participated.
Sounds like a top quality bunch of people put on an outstanding match.
Hopefully I can make the 14 hour drive for the next match.

What an awesome sideshow on top of a great match and great competitors. Thanks for posting that video, now I get to listen to LL over and over...

Any more pics from this comp? Seems like it was one worth snapping plenty of images..

Gentlemen,

We are delighted you all enjoyed the facility and match. Your response and feedback has been absolutely humbling to Bryan and me. What started off as a “Hey Bryan, let’s run a match” quickly spiraled/turned into a full blown facility and then some. Thank you to all the shooters who came out for your professionalism and safety. Congrats to the winners!

A huge thank you to those who encouraged us and then publically supported our idea. You know you are! By posting online, having discussions throughout the community and attending our match you put your names behind us. Your names have influence, and that provided the boost we needed to let people know we are serious about what we do and to get us started. You went out of your way and took some risks for us; for that Bryan and I will always be grateful. You guys are truly a class act.

Thank you to the Precision Rifle Series committee for the confidence to allow us to be part of an exciting concept. I look forward to growing together in the future.

George – as usual you are the man and as someone said above you are the unsung hero of the match. We could not have done this without you. You are a great friend and have always been too good to me. Thanks bro! Hiissss!

Mike – very similar to what I said to George. We already talked, but thanks again brother. Double Hiss!

Don, Sean, Greg, Eric, and the rest of the RO crew – you all were absolutely critical for making this match happen. I feel like I ordered you guys around, as if you work for me, all weekend. So I apologize and want to thank you for your hard work and time. You guys were instrumental in us putting this match on. The bad part is now you are locked into ROing for us in the foreseeable future.
wink.gif

To the many sponsors below - The support you give the community does not go unnoticed at these matches. I can’t thank you enough and we hope we provided some exposure and business in return. K and M is indebted to you! Thanks guys!

Bosco – bigger hit then we thought! The guys loved the fly over! Not sure how we are going to top that. Thank you many times over!

We hope to see you all in the fall for the GA Precision Match!

Shannon

t-shirt_sponsors_12_color_transparent.png

A few photos from Jim at Spin Drift - thx Jim!

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0611-1.jpg

The winners...

DSC_3010.jpg

Winner of the PRS Sponsored Event - Tony Gimmellie

DSC_3004.jpg

Re: 2012 K&M Precision Rifle Comp **RESULTS & PHOTOS**

Winner of the GA Precision Raffle Rifle!

DSC_3033.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S. Kay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC_2880.jpg

</div></div>

Good good....another THB Patch!

congrats and thanx to everyone who put on a great competition, we(the competitors) appreciate all the work required to make it happen.

just wondering,,, what was the turn out? how many shooters? are names and scores posted somewhere?

read page 4, the link is about half way down

Better late than never Rich. Great job, looks Like the PRS is here to stay. You have done a GREAT job getting this series rolling.

Thanks to Shannon and Bryan and all the crew down their at K&M the match was awesome. The new "Augusta Country Club" of the Tactical shooting world, glad I was part of the inaugural event. Thanks guy's and gals.

Mick

Looks like it was an awesome event. I wish that I could have made it. Way to go Tony!!!!