• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 Louisiana Tac./Prec. Rifle Match, Shreveport

Re: 2012 Louisiana Tac./Prec. Rifle Match, Shreveport

Well guys made it in and dues are. Sorry to all the guys who did not make it it. Looking forward to the match and meeting all. Everyone coming be safe on your trip down to the swamps.

Thank you to US Optics for donating a $2000 certificate for the prize table.

Thank you to Bluegrass Tactical for donating a
5-20 Vortex Razor HD for the prize table!

Getting really excited about this one!!!

Any openings left for the match?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any openings left for the match?
</div></div>

Sorry, the match filled in seconds after the email registration opened back in February.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn didnt make it. cant believe i missed a match inmy own backyard lol </div></div>

Yeah, I live about 10 minutes from the match and did not get in.

Monthly matches would be great, and are great. The Texas club is shooting, the Oklahoma club is shooting monthly matches. A small match is a pain in the ass to put together. I can only imagine the undertaking that a huge match is to take on. Adam is working his butt off getting this together and it is much appreciated. If we as shooters can't show some level of thanks then those who put on the matches will simply stop doing it.

Adam.... Thanks.

Glock, while I agree about the business opportunity thing (even though I know it is going to be tough with the circumstances these guys have) its pretty simple.

If you don't agree with the process, don't shoot these matches. Easy.

This type of match is on a different level then the monthly type matches. People want to shoot these. There are limited matches of this quality. They are a bitch to run.

Like it or not, the demand exceeds the supply. You either have to do what is required to try and get a slot or you don't...simple.

Re: 2012 Louisiana Tac./Prec. Rifle Match, Shrevep

Thanks for the support guys.
Don't really know for sure what Glock was getting at....maybe he didn't either since he deleted his post.
Nobody wishes more than I do that we had more slots for shooters in the match.....

Organizing a match is a lot of work simply for the experience of giving time and talent so fellow shooters may enjoy the result of hard work. That's it. Don't just thank Luck and his help. Show 'em. They get nothing, other than the experience, of having contributed to other shooters' enjoyment. I did it three times and thats all I got.

More winners should step up and put on a match. Hello?

Good shooting, and see y'all at the Alley. Or Superior.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are more than happy to support this match!

Good luck to all competitors!

Thank you from the Team @ Mile High Shooting Accessories! </div></div>

Thank you for your generosity! We appreciate all you do for this sport!

Just got the match t-shirts.
My daughter Tori couldn't wait to try hers on!
11k9u10.jpg

htenow.jpg

Thats awesome man. My little girl had my Grand River Tactical vest on the other night. Totally awesome.

Less than two weeks to go!
I'm getting quite a few emails asking the round count.
Round count for the match is 200.
Also, bring about 20 more rounds if you can for an optional side match the PRS is sponsoring on Sunday while we are calculating the scores.

PS...
We'll be shooting all the way out to 1000y but I'd make sure my dope at 600 yards was solid....

Hope they cut the grass for you on the 1K range. Out there weekend before last and it was high. Or maybe that's part of the stalking challange
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: echotango</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope they cut the grass for you on the 1K range. Out there weekend before last and it was high. </div></div>

That just means no shooting prone!:)

Those at the LTPRC that want to shoot a PRS side match on Sunday while we're adding up the scores make sure to bring $20 and 12ish more rounds of rifle ammo with you. There will be a cash payback and the winner gets a really nice PRS trophy.
Rich has got something really cool planned...it should be a blast!

Ok, guys I ordered an additional 10 round mag for my FNH SPR .308 and when I pulled it out of the box, it has no mag catch on the front so it is useless. That leaves me in need of a 5 or 10 round mag for my SPR if anyone has one they could loan or sell me, for the match this weekend I would be eternally greatful. Please give me a call at 972-809-0464 if you can help me out.
Thanks in advance!

TxShooter. I have an extra alpha mag type 2 308 or one AI 5rd if you want to borrow.

Just look me up before match.

what are the GPS coordinates of the Long Range Alley facility?

Greene, that would be awesome if the alpha mag will work. This is my first spr so the factory mag is only one I am familiar with. If you could keep my phone number with you, or text me yours, I will get with you Sat. morning early. Thank you much!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TxShooter63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Greene, that would be awesome if the alpha mag will work. This is my first spr so the factory mag is only one I am familiar with. If you could keep my phone number with you, or text me yours, I will get with you Sat. morning early. Thank you much! </div></div>

Do you have A CDI bottom metal? Or are you talking about an FN mag?

Alpha will not work with factory SPR bottom metal. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alpha will not work with factory SPR bottom metal. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. </div></div>

That is what I was getting at...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are the GPS coordinates of the Long Range Alley facility?</div></div>
Accoring to MapCard, the entrance coordinates are:

I met Adam/"Lucks" @ LRA a few days ago. He seems a class act sort of fellow. He wanted to make sure he wouldn't interfere with my morning of shooting as he prepped the 1000 yard side for you guys.
No doubt you'll have a great weekend...may be the prettiest day of early summer here today. Good luck to all.

I want to wish all the competitors good luck! I would be there but the wife is out of state so I get to baby sit this weekend.

FYI, the "red bugs" and ticks have been in full force for the past month so spray down, I'm sure Matchking can confirm this.

Have been in Louisiana since last night. Went out to the range today to check my zero. There was quite a few people there checking there zero. I later went out to have dinner with a few shooters. I am ready to go.